Everything about Honda Edix 1.7 and 2.0

sivaworld

Known Member
Apr 15, 2005
Hi everyone,

Since there is no thread in specific that talks about another Honda marvel, the edix I thought why not start one. I hope everyone can share their rides and experience so far.

As for me the Edix has been simply an awesome car to drive thus far, still can get over the leg space and boot space of the car.

From the outside the car looks really small compared to other MPV, but somehow when you step in the space is simply awesome. Another Honda marvel.

Are there any other Edix users around:driver:

sivaworld

Known Member
Apr 15, 2005
Yup, got the wald version one, didn't know there is a Honda version in Malaysia....:hmmmm: anyway here is the picture of the actual car

Attachments

amdfaisal

4,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Bawah jembatan
this model is not too popular here la i think. the price is quite steep... eh i thot honda stopped producing the edix some time ago

sivaworld

Known Member
Apr 15, 2005
Actually this model is newly introduced here i think....quite a no in Singapore i believe, anyway you are right they stopped producing this sometime back already :(

amdfaisal

4,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Bawah jembatan
the first edix i saw here was somewhere 2 years ago if not mistaken. u r correct about honda not bringing any edix here.

so what's the difference between a wald edix and a honda edix?

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
i just saw this honda edix in subang just now. was wondering what the hell car was that, carrying honda badge inside and on the rocker arm cover... hahahaha. now i know...

its running on the 1.7 engine found in our civic ES model right? very spacious car man. 3 seater at the front.... so rare..

Sep 27, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
how are the spare parts? I understand that it runs on same engine as civic specs...so I believe there should not be any problem with these spare parts..but how about the exterior? if anything goes BOOM..where in the world do I get replacements?? order from overseas?

Thank You

sivaworld

Known Member
Apr 15, 2005
Hi all,

Thanks for the questions, I am no expert here but hopefully this details can shed some light on the information required. This is my car spec which is 2.0 btw.

Type:Hatchback
Transmission Type:Auto
Engine Capacity:1,998 CC
Engine Configuration:DOHC i-Vtec K20A water-cooled
Compression Ratio:9.70
Power:154 / 6500 bhp / rpmTorque:188 / 4000 Nm / rpm
Acceleration (0-100km/h):11.0 sec
Top Speed:180 km/h
Wheelbase:2,680 mm
Length:4,285 mm
Width:1,795 mm
Height:1,610 mm
Turning Radius:5,200 mm
Curb Weight:1,440 kg
Fuel Tank:58 L
Front Suspension:Double wish-bone type, Independent, Coil spring
Rear Suspension:Link strut, Independent, Coil spring
Front Brakes:Hydraulic type disc brakes
Rear Brakes:Hydraulic type disc brakes

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

Hi,

Here is an extract from a local article. Credit to : Honda Edix Wald Version Tested. - Autoworld

From the exterior, the Edix is a very attractive looking vehicle, looking like an overgrown Civic hatch, but a little wider, a lot higher, and about the same length. Dimensions are 4285mm overall length, 1610mm overall height, a wheelbase of 2680mm, and an overall width of 1795mm. A short snub nose that is characteristic of the latest generation of MPVs’, a sloping bonnet line that is carried through the front windscreen and blends into the roof line, and a steep drop at the rear, together with waistline formed by the window sills that rake forwards and downwards from the rear to the front, makes the Edix look like a large wedge ready to carve a path through the wind. I am not so good at descriptions like this, see the pictures, and judge for yourself.

Most impressive is the width, and you will see what I mean, because the moment you open the door, you will note that there are three seats in the front row, and three in the back row, making the Edix effectively a six-seater. This idea is not new, as the older ones amongst us will recall the bench seats in the cars of the 1950s and the 1960’s. The Fiat Multipla was one of the few new recent models that made seats in the configuration, but perhaps it never took off because of its very unusual shape. This configuration is quite interesting. If you have a girlfriend in the car with you, she can snuggle real close to you while you are driving. However, if you are married and your mother in law has to come along for the ride, heaven help you if she decides to sit in the middle (just joking). The front centre seat (let’s call it fondly from now on as the MIL seat) folds forward to serve as a coffee table; the seat bottom also opens up to reveal a tray for you to put drinks and food in if the seat is unoccupied.

The seats are velour material, and are comfortable, although some bigger sized individuals may find them a little narrow. The front seats recline fully, and with a little bit of rearrangement, one can get a large bed-like set-up in the Edix. Legroom is excellent for both front and rear passengers, but the rear seats only recline about 20mm. I would venture to say that only the front passengers are pampered, while the rear passengers have to make do. Boot space is enough to take light luggage for four to six people. However, the rear seats can be folded forwards to form a completely flat bed for large articles.

The engine is a K20A 4-cylinder DOHC, 4-valve per cylinder unit featuring I-Vtec. Rated at 156ps at 6500 rpm, and delivering 188Nm of torque at 4000 rpm, the Edix is a well-balanced vehicle that is responsive to drive. The free-revving engine, well matched to a 4-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission that is also auto-adaptive, transmits drive to the front wheels. Speed per 1000 rpm is approximately 46 kilometres per hour, and at the highway regulation speed of 110 km/hr, the engine is ticking over at a little under 2500 rpm. For fast overtaking, a little button on the gear lever shifts the gear down fourth to third, and holds it there until you release it. Incidentally, the gear lever is located on the dashboard.

Top speed is 180 km/hr; the speedometer is the Japanese local spec type, and reads only up to 180 km/hr. We maxed it out on a slight downhill on the new highway to the east coast. Claimed fuel consumption under Japanese test conditions is 8.2 litres per 100 kilometres; our test used up about RM140.00 over a distance of 960 kilometres. This works out to be approximately 14.5 sen per kilometre, or approximately 10.3 litres per 100 kilometres, and this represents excellent fuel consumption. We drove over mixed terrain, and our speeds ranged between normal highway cruising at regulation speeds, some town and country road driving, and also some high speed runs. A full tank of petrol will take the Edix easily over 500 kilometres.

Acceleration from zero t o100 kilometres per hour was achieved in 12.3 seconds with three people in the vehicle, and air-conditioner running, a very respectable figure indeed.

Handling is a little on the soft side for my liking, but it is a real benefit to passengers. Mine felt very comfortable throughout the journey, and I would think that the family man who is likely to be the buyer of the Edix would have nothing to complain about. Around corners, it does roll a little, but after that, it will tuck in and take the corner easily. The trick is to gently squeeze the throttle as you go through; the front wheel drive will pull you through safely.

Suspension is independent all around, with coil springs on ll 4 wheels, and stabilizers both on the front and rear axles. Brakes are vented discs in front, and solid discs at the rear. The ‘handbrake’ is foot operated, and works on a inner drum built into the rear disc. ABS is standard equipment. No details are available on other safety features except for what we could see, and these were the seatbelts, one for every seat, SRS airbags for driver and passenger.

The air-conditioning is excellent, to the point of being too cold, but the radio is Japanese spec, and cannot receive the popular local stations. I am sure the local importers would be making a change before selling these units.

Generally, the Edix is an excellent vehicle for the family. It behaves well, is easy to handle, and offers some level of exclusivity because it is imported in limited numbers. After all, it is a Honda, and Honda make good cars.

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

The spare parts exterior wise I was told can be obtained from our neighbouring countries. Hopefuly don't need to go through that...

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

The spare parts exterior wise I was told can be obtained from our neighbouring countries. Hopefuly don't need to go through that...

Last edited:

amdfaisal

4,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Bawah jembatan
if you need to order brand new parts... you can go to jalan ipoh... LHS = lin hup seng. if they don't have stock they can order from japan. just be ready to be a few RM poorer :)

sivaworld

Known Member
Apr 15, 2005
Thanks for the info, next time I know where to gor for parts :)

You are right about the wald part, it's true that is what the salesman told me as well.

terryhendra

Known Member
Dec 15, 2004
Don't worry, the Edix/FRV is still in production in Japan...the new facelift version also quite nice esp the one with K24 engine :D.....how much and where u bought it for bro?....last time when i go to yap brothers, they were asking for rm130k for the 2.0 model

bien335

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2009
Johor Bahru
I thought production of the BE 3/4/8 Edix has already seized?

Honda does not have the Edix on it's website anymore.

sivaworld

Known Member
Apr 15, 2005
Thats what I know as well...they have stopped this production....something called Honda Freed suppose to take over

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

One of my bro's Proton Putra stolen. Location: KOI KINRARA Puchong.Date/Time: Between 1/1/11 2300hrs to 2/1/11 0400hrs. Reg.NO: BFE 8848. Car has custom bodykits and colour is RED Rosso Scuderia. Any info or leads, kindly inform 012 242 5050 or 016 260 6600. Do help to pass the message on. Thank You.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience