Engine Stall

mrtuner

Known Member
Mar 11, 2012
Penang
Hi all,
I have a 1990 auto MR2.
When I first got it, the engine stalls quite often, especially when i want to reverse.
Then my mechanic cleaned the throttle body and did some work. All seems to be good for quite some time.
However, since then, the engine has stalled 2 times.
I have no idea what could have went wrong.
Any suggestion is really appreciated.

mrtuner

Known Member
Mar 11, 2012
Penang
Any help please.... :(

Joyride

Known Member
Dec 15, 2004
1) check the spark plug distributor cover. open up check the carbon connector condition.

2) check the throttle again. under it has a idling valve control. you can see some wires connect to the bottom of the throttle. make sure that valve is really clean up.

you may want to give more infor so that we have more clues what happen to it. example, engine die off only at cold condition or only at hot afternoon. or when engaged gear or neutral.

mrtuner

Known Member
Mar 11, 2012
Penang
Hi, thx for the reply. Actually, when i first posted, the car tends to stall when i'm shifting gears (eg, neutral to reverse). Then i brought it to the mechanic and he replaced the iac valve. All seems well until a week later, it stalled when i was driving. It was kinda strange as it didn't stalled b4 when i'm driving. I'm still trying to diagnose the problem. Let me know what other info i should post up.