Engine Setup for Drag and Track

zero4

6,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
if got money, of coz can merge both of them, can always take things out and install and retune mah

New engine fluids, i.e. gb, engine, brakes, clutch, power steering etc. Engine shud not rev higher than 8k rpm, if u love ur car.

i luv my car but i still rev above 9k wohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, ahahahhahaha

Xenix

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Kuala Lumpur, P
honda_fans.tripod.com
Originally posted by KillerB+Nov 10 2004, 15:19 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (KillerB @ Nov 10 2004, 15:19 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-aramis@Nov 10 2004, 14:06
Can somone enlightened me about a good setup for drag and a good setup for track?
Many times and many people usually dump in many performance parts into the car without knowing what is it good for. Some parts are good for low-end, other, for top-end.

So, can some sifu enlighten me on this. Xenix, can help?

:)
Aramis, I'll try......

For drag : With budget constraint as a factor, I would strip and lighten my car as much as possible. So all other irrelevant things that can be cut or taken out, do it. And even to the point of lightening myself :lol: :D Increase power at high rpm (rather than peak power at a lower rpm), which can be done by an EMS, or changing of extractor to 4-1. Low tyre pressure in front, with wider tyres + rims in front, and vice versa at the back. Suspension set up front soft, rear hard. Front camber as zero as can be. U also need quick gearchanges. Last but not least, use higher octane fuel, aircraft fuel if you've got any pilot frens. ;)

For track : With lightening of the car, there must also be chassis strenghtening, i.e. anti roll bars, strut bars, roll cage, and whatever other bars u can think of - for handling and your own safety. Harness + bucket seat. A good set of tyres, pref. semi slicks. A good alignment job. Front shud hv more camber than rear. A good brand of coolant. A cold air intake. New engine fluids, i.e. gb, engine, brakes, clutch, power steering etc. Engine shud not rev higher than 8k rpm, if u love ur car. Easy on the gearchanges, i.e. do not change gears as if u stole the car.

My 2 sen. But I'd like to merge both of the above ;) most of the time. [/b][/quote]
For Drag,

If the car is lighten to the max you need a roll cage to strengthen the chassic or else the car won't be able to go straight. The lightest parts of the chassis to be best is the rear side of the chassis.. The rest of the point is ok. If you need extra explaination on it. you can ask me. Hehehe

Xenix

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Kuala Lumpur, P
honda_fans.tripod.com
You can never merge both is you really want to push it to the LIMIT. cause like the piston bore. you bore it to 86mm and you can never mend it back to 85mm..

If you that rich... but a track car la.. don't cause you too much.. about 3~5k depends on model. so you got track and drag car lo.. less hassle.. save your workmanship somemore.. if you are going to do like zero4, take out and put in and re-tune...

Xenix

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Kuala Lumpur, P
honda_fans.tripod.com
Drag, Rear bumber must be moddifed to allow air flow so that it won't hold back the air pressure.

Explaination, You try to ride on a bike while holding a payung or baldi. You fell the pressure that holds you back ride.. that is the same thing happening to your rear bumper. This is more on aerodynamic modification.

aramis

500 RPM
Nov 20, 2003
Cyberjaya/KL/PJ
www.scuba2u.com
Originally posted by Xenix@Nov 10 2004, 15:46
Drag, Rear bumber must be moddifed to allow air flow so that it won't hold back the air pressure.

Explaination, You try to ride on a bike while holding a payung or baldi. You fell the pressure that holds you back ride.. that is the same thing happening to your rear bumper. This is more on aerodynamic modification.
very true. thanks :)

aramis

500 RPM
Nov 20, 2003
Cyberjaya/KL/PJ
www.scuba2u.com
Originally posted by Xenix@Nov 12 2004, 12:46
Actually alot more to be said.. Better if we can tok kok on it during TT session..
damn..I;ve never been to any of the TTs. :(

have to make time to attend... :D

Jasper

500 RPM
Nov 20, 2003
www.skype.com
hehe drag ah .. well who have the most money wins :) between make your car really fast or blow your expensive engine ..

for track leh full balance everything and some performance parts can liao no need drastic figure and also grearing in track is iportant , wrong gearing will take up to much lost of time in track corners :)

sr3

Known Member
Dec 10, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by Jasper@Nov 24 2004, 19:34
hehe drag ah .. well who have the most money wins :) between make your car really fast or blow your expensive engine ..

for track leh full balance everything and some performance parts can liao no need drastic figure and also grearing in track is iportant , wrong gearing will take up to much lost of time in track corners :)
however......

it all comes back to the driver...

both need skills.. especially on track.. :P

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Fiat 500 is a darling among European tuning houses and the latest to release a hardcore 500 is German tuning firm Pogea Racing. It's unknown which model was used as a base car but our source is suggesting that it was either an Abarth 695 Tributo Ferrari or a Abarth 500 Esseesse, whatever it is the end result is quite astonishing for a car of this size...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience