engine or electronic error??????

picks

Known Member
May 25, 2007
hi guys, emergency again,

mentioned earlier that the car engine just die out (sei foh) when idling, as when slowing down for humps, turns... then got my car fixed with 2 pieces of EIDS, which is for idling control. kindda solve the problem for a while, until this morning. (and i should mention that the car has not been driven for almost a month) nightmare comes back.
anyone got any idea???? please help???? mine is a fully stock gtr with suction kit and bov kit only. now with EIDS H1.

kaminari

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Taiping
Hi bro,

It`s hard to assume what problem being occured to your car by the statement.Best is run a car diagnosis.There is a lot possibility might be such as:

- AFM sensor
- Crank sensor
- AAC valve

Try check those.By assuming your car idling at normal speed is ok, and problm only when low rev/idling....possibility mostly is related to your AAC valve.

picks

Known Member
May 25, 2007
wow, there's so many thing to look out for, btw, wat's AAC valve? but no time to send it to workshop for "full body" check up at the moment. I was wondering could it be the alternator?
ps, any workshop in particular that u can recomd for the diagnose? went links last 2 times, their services are satisfying, but still not quite found the root cause.

Mistaken_Identity

2,000 RPM
Aug 11, 2005
Johore Bahru
hi guys, emergency again,

mentioned earlier that the car engine just die out (sei foh) when idling, as when slowing down for humps, turns... then got my car fixed with 2 pieces of EIDS, which is for idling control. kindda solve the problem for a while, until this morning. (and i should mention that the car has not been driven for almost a month) nightmare comes back.
anyone got any idea???? please help???? mine is a fully stock gtr with suction kit and bov kit only. now with EIDS H1.

Had the same problem on my EVO...Found out it's the AF sensor gave way.... But first, try to change back the ori BOV...

NISMO S-TUNE

1,000 RPM
Dec 9, 2008
Did your battery meter stayed normal or drop? If it is the alternator, your voltage meter will drop bellow 14, and if the meter show 14 and above, then the alternator is still good!
You might want to check your fuel pump, as sometimes it can't deliver enough fuel to your system and will result the engine die down.

kaminari

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Taiping
If car jerking at full throttle, 3rd gear and car black smoke(rich)out...possibility is AFM meter or AF sensor is out.

The AAC valve is the valve controlling the in/out air for idling especially when throttle off and aircond idling.Most common in GTR this thing is out wthn times.AAC valve problem would make the car die during off throttle or low rev/idling and the idling not stable.

Crank sensor problem always make your car idling up and down during idling....like those high cam~ ...sumtimes car die off and hardly to start.

alternator : wht`s ur voltage reading now during idling?if average arnd 14v then fine.R34 hates low battery~check your battery voltage

Last edited:
S

semperfi

Had the same problem previously. Changed into a bigger battery. You might wanna start getting a new battery 1st and then source out your problem from there on. If the problem still persist, it could be the remaining few problems that both S-Tune and kaminari said. Narrows down the search too.

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
Any good reputable workshop would have a Launch diagnostic module ... Usually it's only about RM80-100 for the test (up where I am at anyway) :proud:

But my bet would be the AFM's ... Those sucker, REALLY sucks ... :banghead:

a31gtst

500 RPM
May 27, 2004
Before coming to any conclusions whatsoever why not take the time and take your car to your mechanic or a reputable one who has experience handling Skylines/RB's and get them to check.
It shouldn't take too long for an experienced mechanic to find the problem thru the process of elimination. Its likely to be the AAC, afm or the O2 sensor but lets not get into any conclusions yet.

If you are unsure of where to go the sifu's here can recommend, if you'd like I can give you my contact to a good mechanic who can solve this for you relatively quickly and reasonably priced as well.

Cheers

NISMO S-TUNE

1,000 RPM
Dec 9, 2008
Try Links Dyno at Sunway and look for Kee. He mess with bunch of Skyline and not bad as well!

Driftmeister

500 RPM
Jun 17, 2005
KL
Who install the EIDS for you? The mechanic should check everything that is faulty first before using the EIDS as a quick fix. Check your battery health too since a low voltage will give you a lot of problems. AFM is another usual culprit. Hope you managed to find the problem, sure is sucks to drive the car in that condition.

picks

Known Member
May 25, 2007
thanks for all the suggestions BROS!

actually done diagnose to the car in ipoh once, forgot the name, if not mistaken , replica auto, everythign was fine back then.

did the EIDS in LINKS, actually KEE recommend to install this as the manual says so, but can really feel the difference with EIDS and car not jerking anymore at full throttle. which was used to happen, only very minor 1. Thought everything sorted out back then.

called a friend, his is kindda fully modified gtr34, voltage reading is same as mine, which is less than 14V, mine is 13.6V avg. idling time even drop less than 11V, just for few mili secs though.
so, battery sounds like the fire starter? any battery to be specific for gtr? coz the last time i change my battery is in local mechanics, teluk intan, they don't even know how to take it out, end up dissemble everything that's in the way.:confused:
so, any specification? thanks again BROS!

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
Haha ... That name does rings a bell ... :hmmmm:

Anyway, as for battery AC Delco so far is common and had no problem with it. The jerking problem as I experienced was fouled AFM's ... Cleaned them and everything went away. As for the EID's, not that I know of anyone used it, but a voltage stabilizer wouldn't hurt considering a small cost on top of the battery :adore:

NISMO S-TUNE

1,000 RPM
Dec 9, 2008
PM Semperfi as he changed his battery before.

If your voltage drop bellow 14, sound like your alternator is giving way already (I might be wrong but no harm to have it tested). Another alternative is, install a good ground wiring kit (big cable), this is might stabilize your voltage on your car. Bare in mind that, this will NOT increase HP in your car, but will improve the voltage system and the battery will last longer. If you installed sound system inside your car, this gonna help you out a lot! :proud: :proud: :proud:

kaminari

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Taiping
picks:

I guess u should check your wiring and alternator before change new battery.Sound like your car have a shortage/leak....try check your last wiring at EIDS or ECU surround.Missing tapping Earth wiring should cause the problem too.

You could check your battery cond only by turning Acce key ON...healthy battery should be abt 12V.

EIDS just stabilize your AFM voltage especially during off throttle and help for those owner who change aftermarket BOV which outer release.STD OEM BOV (return air to turbine) or aftermarket ECU would not need EIDS

Hope that makes you clear

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey, anyone know where to get the signal lamp for front bumper version 5. :( park in KLCC car park the uncle aunty reverse car that time smash it !! got the scratch mark in my bumper !! :angry:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience