Engine oil overfilled..aduh...

bryan90s

500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
y/day sent my kenari to a P2 service centre in SS13 for normal lub service. When i got back my car, as usual, i will check on the left-over oil. i found the bottle is lighter than it used to be. Shit....

got back home and let the car cool down abit, pop the bonnet and check the dip stick. MAKAI the level is over inch from the FULL mark.

what can i do now? drain the oil ? from the drain nut? scare later cant control the flow. any place/solution whereby i can remove some of the extra oil?

BEWARE. those going to Perodua service centre at SS13. my first and last visit there for sure.

evo4g63

500 RPM
May 29, 2004
PJ
www.zerotohundred.com
service once my car at there, the foreman is kindda of tak cukup tidur... or main main when they service the car.. but perhaps u can go back n make a claim frm them ...

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
You have to drain it out abit. If not the overfilled oil will go to your combustion chamber(if the piston rings are lose) and create white smokes. This is the worst case. But till now still nothing happen right? So no need to worry too much, just go back there and ask them drain it out abit. From the way you say on this shop, I can feel that those fellowsare not experience enough to do the job.

anfernee

Known Member
Jan 16, 2005
If engine oil overfilled also will cause your car to consume more petrol than usual.. so it's better to drain out the excessive oil.. bring it back to P2 service centre that you sent.. they shouldn't charge any extra money..

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
last time when im at secondary school...driven a toyota twincam 20valve.....myself overfilled the motor oil and i dunno...

revv it on the road and suddenly hear a loud sound.......engine die off and i need overhaul...wtf

so for ur case..drain out the oil is beter....ASAP

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
huakenny said:
last time when im at secondary school...driven a toyota twincam 20valve.....myself overfilled the motor oil and i dunno...

revv it on the road and suddenly hear a loud sound.......engine die off and i need overhaul...wtf

fuh yuh.....secondary school already driving a monster

DOHC 20 Valves.....how many cc?

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
send back to work shop to siphon out the excess lub oil.....alternatively, u can use a drinking straw to sedut the oil out. j/kidding on the second part

juniorkirk

500 RPM
Jan 17, 2006
huakenny said:

fuiyoh... secondary drive 20valve twincam monster... 2000cc? summore rev kao kao summore...

i think if u know how to change engine oil urself... u can go underneath ur car and release some urself... but dont use straw la... later ur straw masuk inside then damn susah already... keke

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
the drain plug underneath the engine is not design to drain lub oil in controlled manner......I don't wan our fren turn into "indian" when the lub oil accidently spill over the face. Siphon the excess lub oil is the best way. the workshop should have the hose.......if wanna try DIY, use the cheap "pump" sold in kedai runcit previously used to pump kerosene from tank.....but I think susah jugak.....

juniorkirk

500 RPM
Jan 17, 2006
so go back to the mechanic shop is the best choice...

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
what to do? everytime the service center boys doing service and maintenance, they were lullybied by "dangdut" songs...how to do work properly??

kowkl

Known Member
Nov 26, 2003
Firstly,

1. Take a picture of the dipstick with the excess oil as a prove.
2. Drive slowly back to the workshop and ask them to drain the excess oil.

If anything wrong, can make a claim with prove that pic and bill. If they don't do anything go to the press and make a big hoo har. Sure kau tim wan.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

dear friend,did u all got any workshop got selling this yrv engine??i am finding suffering.pls pm if u know!!!thanks u :rock:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience