engine mounts for DC5

yks228

Known Member
Jan 9, 2005
hi everyone! just wana ask about the engine mount that u guys upgraded. coz our dc5 mount r too weak...:banghead::banghead::banghead: always crack my mid pipe

-Energy suspension motor mount(ESMM)?
-Mugen/J's Mount?
-Innovative Mount ?(polyurethane)

can share your opinion here?
thank you....

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
you could actually customise your existing mounts to your liking .............

you have your choice of materials as well :biggrin:

provided you know where to get it done.

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
I use energy suspension engine mount inserts. They are PU inserts that work with the stock mounts at the torque positions i.e. front and rear engine mounts. Got these for RM170 on ebay including delivery charges.

They work really well i must say... but you will get some vibration coming into the cabin dash and steering abit la, but i can live with that... i also have a Js engine damper. These will also help with the rather weak mount issue...

rev555

Known Member
Dec 30, 2007
your mid paip is not gonna relatif with the engine mouting la bro...u need a flexible paip for your exhast not engine mouting....:biggrin:

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
one thing i noticed about engine dampers : they tend to vibrate at a certain frequency!

like, for example , no noise at all from 1K to 4K rpm , but 5K to 6K rpm got loud scraping sound, then 6K rpm onwards, no sound.

I believe it's resonant frequency , that's why i do prefer stiffer mountings to engine torque dampers.

yks228

Known Member
Jan 9, 2005
yah. i did change my rear mounting at Hyper Racing. but my engine still can not sit properly....
where to get customize?

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
i'm actually looking to experiment on some mountings ...........

anybody want to get rid of their SPOILT / ROSAK engine mountings ????

i'm looking for a set , Front and Back only.

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
one thing i noticed about engine dampers : they tend to vibrate at a certain frequency!

like, for example , no noise at all from 1K to 4K rpm , but 5K to 6K rpm got loud scraping sound, then 6K rpm onwards, no sound.

I believe it's resonant frequency , that's why i do prefer stiffer mountings to engine torque dampers.
Oo OK... but i've never experienced anything of the kind with mine.

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
it happened with me and my friend's engine damper ...... since it's filled with oil ? gas?
maybe the engine heats it up to a point where it dissipates .... and starts causing all sorts of funny noises.

or it could be just my terrible luck , as usual :thefinger:

TAnG0^R

Nov 18, 2009
JB
Shifus, mi ride's engine mount almost gone .... pls advise.......
if customize.. usually where can i get them ? thank u thank u ~

dcloo

1,500 RPM
May 11, 2005
kl
Get set of Hasport mount will settle down all the problem no more torque damper,insert,engine movement

reach me 012-2123802 for price

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
There another cheaper DIY way.......get a stock engine mount (chop shop or your current ones) and fill the gaps with automotive windscreen silicone (black ones).....it'll be harder and last longer than stock.....just don't use ripped mountings & multipurpose household silicons.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Honda Malaysia Expresses Joy Over First Ever Footage of Sumatran Rhino in the Wild

Petaling Jaya, April 24. The company who initiated the Rhino Rescue Project, Honda Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. today expressed joy and excitement over the rare two-minute video footage of a Sumatran Rhino in the wild. The video, captured in the forests of Sabah showed the animal, the world's rarest rhino, eating, walking over to the camera and sniffing the equipment before ambling off.

Honda Malaysia Sdn. Bhd...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience