EMS Dyno Results

vteckiller

Supporting Merchants
Nov 17, 2003
Not to back anybody...
My point of view is:
1. The dyno calculated horsepower based on the torque produced by the car. So, if you are able to tune the turbo to spool at lower rpm which produce a lot of torque will net a big horsepower.
2. A good tuner is somebody that able to produce reasonable torque/hp with the setup but reliability is always in mind.
3. The timing at sepang drag battle cannot be a benchmark of good tuning because lame jokey and poor traction setup will affect it a lots.
4. The 512whp is very difficult to drive and need complicated traction setup since the torque curve is very high as compare to 432whp where the torque curve are linear which easy to drive with a minimal traction setup.
5. Some tuner looking for peaky high hp/torque and some working around the limit of the traction setup and driver ability.
6. Power is the beginning of the problem with traction. It easy to make power but very difficult to get traction.

Selamat berpuasa dan selamat hari raya, maaf zahir batin.
totally agree with u jo1...
actually the more hp u have the more r&d u need on gearbox,suspension,driveshalft,tires,etc..etc...its not easy...

by the way shahz..the 12 or 13 second was based on the time tangan last time..those cars who ran 9sec only running 11second so it does not make any diff..maybe instead of flaming people around....saying that u r the best tuner...best just prove us all in sdb that u r really the best by producing your yellow pages car with a 9sec pass or something like this...

my own car last time was 426hp i did 11.5second and when i had 800hp i only did 11.2sec...so there is no logic rite?but yes traction man...so u cant just go condeming people who have big power...whether u tune or i tune or whoever tune...its just best u say good things of others as well....so that all the forumers here can benifit from each and others different setup and experience and power band...rather than u r the best,better,etc....

well...continue motorsporting mates...and dont get discourage by people looking down on u...work hard on the traction and u will sure do it...matter of time.....take it easy....

and yes
selamat hari raya to all muslim forumers..and happy holidays to all malaysian....

n/a_tune

Known Member
Oct 21, 2005
actually the more hp u have the more r&d u need on gearbox,suspension,driveshalft,tires,etc..etc...its not easy...

by the way shahz..the 12 or 13 second was based on the time tangan last time..those cars who ran 9sec only running 11second so it does not make any diff..maybe instead of flaming people around....saying that u r the best tuner...best just prove us all in sdb that u r really the best by producing your yellow pages car with a 9sec pass or something like this...

my own car last time was 426hp i did 11.5second and when i had 800hp i only did 11.2sec...so there is no logic rite?but yes traction man...so u cant just go condeming people who have big power...whether u tune or i tune or whoever tune...its just best u say good things of others as well....so that all the forumers here can benifit from each and others different setup and experience and power band...rather than u r the best,better,etc....

well...continue motorsporting mates...and dont get discourage by people looking down on u...work hard on the traction and u will sure do it...matter of time.....take it easy....

and yes
selamat hari raya to all muslim forumers..and happy holidays to all malaysian....
aggre with u jo,,, slamat ari rayaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:wavey:

vteckiller

Supporting Merchants
Nov 17, 2003

oinkoink

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
Singapore
just a thought of mine....
having big horse power doesn't mean the car will be faster then a lower horse power car.
a few point which i think make a big different
1. weight play a big part. power to weight ratio.
the lighter car you have you will have a faster pick up as less power is require to push the car to start off.
2. gearbox ratio also play a big part.
close ratio gear box determine on how fast you can pull thru the RPM to put the full horse power into usage. proper gearing is require to put the full power into use.
3. aero dynamics also play a part
aero dynamics will determine of how much down force and traction you had on high speed and how much power require to break thru the air. too much down force will cause your car to be slow, too little down force will cause the car to be unstable at high speed.

vteckiller

Supporting Merchants
Nov 17, 2003
just a thought of mine....
having big horse power doesn't mean the car will be faster then a lower horse power car.
a few point which i think make a big different
1. weight play a big part. power to weight ratio.
the lighter car you have you will have a faster pick up as less power is require to push the car to start off.
2. gearbox ratio also play a big part.
close ratio gear box determine on how fast you can pull thru the RPM to put the full horse power into usage. proper gearing is require to put the full power into use.
3. aero dynamics also play a part
aero dynamics will determine of how much down force and traction you had on high speed and how much power require to break thru the air. too much down force will cause your car to be slow, too little down force will cause the car to be unstable at high speed.
u got it right oinkoink....hahah..:driver::driver::driver:

oinkoink

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
Singapore
so end of the days dyno figure is just a gauge of how the engine perform. it does not mean all the power can be put to usage on actual road. so guys dun take it too hard =)

hope i dun get flame for this

yopo

Known Member
Jan 28, 2006

and yes
AGREED..tq jo for the good catch..hahaha
it shows how professional/good tuner do their biz
(still amazed how stubborn people can be though majority had voiced out their concern)
Selamat Hari Raya..:love:

ETT POWER II

Banned
Aug 26, 2009
Kuala Lumpur

and yes

426hp & 800hp surely with the same tuner......so same skill.....( as use 3rd gear ) no point here....good job....

but 432.5hp & 521.2hp "perfectly" different tuner......so 432.2 with 4th gear......and 521.2hp "perfectly" with 3rd gear......and diff. booosting......tengok baik2 MASKULIN....

and :questionmark:here gt30 response at 2400rpm.....waaaa........personally, got s**k here....so after this i will test my car at dyno with 2nd gear la....sure 1800rpm punye....

SELAMAT HARI RAYA MASKULIN.....:driver:

Last edited:

jo1

Known Member
Dec 8, 2004
So what is the gt30 response characteristic in b8 should be?

In a 4g63t it normal that the gt30 start spooling after 3k and getting full boost around 5k depend on the boost level.

In the 500+ dyno chart, it seem that the gt30 start spooling around 4k and getting full boost just before 6k on b8 engine, it seem reasonable to me unless the turbo using stage 5 wheel and bigger than t3 a/r .8X turbine housing.

If i'm wrong please enlighten with some guide to improve my knowledge on tuning.

wej7219

Jan 10, 2005
1. The dyno calculated horsepower based on the torque produced by the car. So, if you are able to tune the turbo to spool at lower rpm which produce a lot of torque will net a big horsepower.
Sure about that? Remember rpm x tq/5252? That why most stroker motor doesn't makes high hp, at least the older stroker motor where rev is a limiting factor.

Your car dah siap?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear Sifu's and frens ,

Yesterday i realised my car cant pass 5k rpm.
After 5k feels like tersumbat or loss of power . any idea why ?

Additional Informations :

Last service - 2K km ago . still got 5k to run
Which gear - So far starting from 3rd gear.
Just serviced aircond few days back .
Air filter cleaned last week .
Redline starts at 6.5 k .

Any idea why is this happening ? help is much appreciated. :D
thx
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience