emanage ultimate installed........

hulkv6tt

Known Member
Dec 28, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Guys, yesterday i successfully installed EMU in my ride..it was though but worth it..., during the installation i notice that the speed signal that indicated by the Greddy installation manual is not there in my (5at ecu)...that is the only stumbling block that hits me yesterday...so currently without the speed signal tapping I'm unable to remove the speed cut..cheeeaah:stupid:...need help here if any of u guys know where to tap to remove the speed cut pls prompt me....bcoz from the toyota ECU trouble shooting guide there is a speed signal indicated at C23 but tapping it causing other unwanted problem.

hopefully the wideband thingy will be pass to me tomorrow...so i can start tuning it...tomorrow nite...after work:biggrin:

adian

Known Member
Nov 22, 2003
PJ
www.the-yeins.com
Keep us updated bro! I am especially interested in knowing whether it can successfully work with the O2 sensor fuel trim function. I know EMU can compensate for fuel trim, I just want to know whether it works successfully with our ECU. Me running 5AT too!

hulkv6tt

Known Member
Dec 28, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Adian, since u r running with 5at too...do you know how do get rid of our speed cut,...bcoz i failed to remove it with the pintout of C4 (speed signal) from our ECU.

No problem i'll update on the progress ..of this small project of mine.

Last edited:

G221

Over 10,000 RPM!
Jan 15, 2004
KL
later can go out late to work...can go more than 180km/h bro..huhu

hulkv6tt

Known Member
Dec 28, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
hahahaha thanks guys....but after doing some research i think emanage ultimate cannot remove speed cut from my 5at. the speed signal on our 5at ecu is at c4, by cutting it and introduce voltage clamping it caused my 5at gb react erratically n disengage at 3rd gear...

any small spike in voltage will coz tremendous effect on the gb, that why hks sld type 2 ...design their device with a voltage conditioner that condition the voltage clamping at our C section (c section is extra section for 5at ... where on manual 6 speed ecu left it empty):hmmmm: der)

gonna try adjust the fuel trimming n study it reaction on our O2 sensor during closed loop operation tonite.... (i think it's gonna be fine)

Last edited:

hulkv6tt

Known Member
Dec 28, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
mike ...diy infront of my house...better ma..penat can baring one...kehkehkeh..

.it is quite a tedious job where we need to layout, cut,strip,trace,solder,secure n heat tube shrinking process ....and need to read & understand the manual 2 days before installing ...but mike as per our conversation over TT last month ...it worth it...and it is true sometime our passion cloud our judgment BIGGGG time.....:burnout:

adian

Known Member
Nov 22, 2003
PJ
www.the-yeins.com
Bro, even the HKS F-CON iS which I am running which has a speed cut defender capability, can't run on AT gearboxes.

It's a shame. Last weekend I ran my car in SNF, was stuck at 180kmh from the Start/Finish line all the way to Turn 1 hahahaha! What a joke! Maybe it's time to get a 6-speed ;)

Also one more thing to check bro, whether EMU can control the idle control on our engine. The FCON iS can't it seems, engine keeps stalling at low-rpm, especially when it's humid/gonna rain. I believe the ECU swaps to different maps in severe situations (abnormally high temp or humidity). This is usually compensated for by the O2 fuel trim loop I think, but since in my case I've disconnected the O2 sensors (to stop the ECU from changing the long-term Fuel Trim and messing up the tuning), it goes cuckoo in such situations.

When it switches to the different map, it's quite distinct and detectable. One moment idle chun, then suddenly idle drops 200rpm and the car even drives differently, with bad throttle response at low-end, sputtering, etc.

Toyota ECU too clever already........

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
Bro adian... good run in the SNF... 3rd place not bad for a 5AT.....ha ha ha.. imagine what 6MT can do.
What mods have you done so far...?

hulkv6tt

Known Member
Dec 28, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
adian, at least yours cut at 180km/hr mine cut at 168km/hr ....after i replaced my fd to 4.7.

one more thing ....yes altezza 5at ecu is smart...EMU cannot trim fuel ,can only add, i check 4'x the wiring diagram on fuel trimming n adding. with both function added the engine failed to start. after i rewiring/adjusted the jumper... back just for adding features ...walla its start smoothly...so basically emu only can add fuel on altezza 5at.

our ecu got so many logic and advance logic that protect the engine well being..:mad:

so far during closed loop it is ok...idling smooth...crusing ok...gear shifting ok (adjust to be a bit later hehehe ..marvelous:biggrin:)...firing,timing,cam adjust a bit advance...will monitor tonite with the width band thingy....:smokin:

Last edited:

hulkv6tt

Known Member
Dec 28, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
guys, just finish fine tuning my ride...its only took around 30min,...and basically satisfied with the EMU (excluding the fuel trimming and speed cut issue), my ride just as normal as before only with a bit of more fun in acceleration, cruising,response n reaching top speed a bit faster.....just like being introduce to a mild steroids:burnout:

the only thing that i hate is need to reconnect with it several time during the tuning...inherited problem from e manage blue...:stupid:

---------- Post added at 11:47 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

guys, just finish fine tuning my ride...its only took around 30min,...and basically satisfied with the EMU (excluding the fuel trimming and speed cut issue), my ride just as normal as before only with a bit of more fun in acceleration, cruising,response n reaching top speed a bit faster.....just like being introduce to a mild steroids:burnout:

the only thing that i hate is need to reconnect with it several time during the tuning...inherited problem from e manage blue...:stupid:

mokh

Known Member
Oct 18, 2008
congrats for the mild steroid. make sure it is not kind of placebo..hehehe.:biggrin:
joking only.

for the speed cut thingy, is it confirm not support our A/T?

rizal82

Jul 23, 2006
adian's a good driver...who's gonna enter the next SNF with altezza?heheheh

harrison-your car now can install vpro also wat :p

hulk-good luck on your tuning bro..didn't know whether u remmeber me or not but we did meet once in dori²..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi bros,i'm planing to convert my saga side mirror to b13,b14 or vr4 auto flip side mirror
is anyone noe how to mod the side mirror base or can it jus pnp w/o mod the base?

if need to mod,what is the procedur to do it?is jus need to cut abit or need to change to whole base?

Thanks for all..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience