Emanage - stock evo 7

satria81

500 RPM
Sep 19, 2005
PETALING JAYA
Hi all,

My car is at 100% stock condition but I recently noticed that an EMANAGE was installed by previous owner.

What difference would it make if I were to remove the EMANAGE. Would it reduce the performance or. . ?

Kindly share your thoughts.

Note: I have no plan to mod my car, I bought it simply because it was at stock condition or just the way I like it to be

thanks all !

Regards,

Satria81

:)

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Depends, did they increase boost or not..If they increase boost, then yes it will reduce performance, and the boost without fueling may kaboom your engine.

satria81

500 RPM
Sep 19, 2005
PETALING JAYA
Depends, did they increase boost or not..If they increase boost, then yes it will reduce performance, and the boost without fueling may kaboom your engine.
hi ixeo,

thanks for the reply.

I do not know if the boost pressure has been increased . how do I check..

would it be better to run the car stock without the emanage, please advise

peeche

Known Member
May 16, 2006
Sin City, MY
hi ixeo,

thanks for the reply.

I do not know if the boost pressure has been increased . how do I check..

would it be better to run the car stock without the emanage, please advise
What is your current max boost readings? Did you have any boost gauge installed?

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
better dont remove it as even stock also it made different...
so good, buy car free e manage...

satria81

500 RPM
Sep 19, 2005
PETALING JAYA
better dont remove it as even stock also it made different...
so good, buy car free e manage...

yeap

but the emanage device looks old and faded :) I am not really liking it but if it makes a positive difference I shall remain with it

slipar

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2006
banting - pj
look for a tuner..have the e-manage check..got tweak or not..
or maybe the tuner can fine tune it a bit more..:biggrin:

satria81

500 RPM
Sep 19, 2005
PETALING JAYA
look for a tuner..have the e-manage check..got tweak or not..
or maybe the tuner can fine tune it a bit more..:biggrin:

I am wondering if the emanage is the culprit as I am only getting 270kms +/- for a tank of fuel presently, given a choice, I would go for stock set-up

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
with an emanage u may get better fuel economy depending on tune. stock ecu runs the car with very safe parameters.Normally on a stock engine u cnt do much with an emanage but trim down these parameters. you might wanna invest in monitoring systems for your car. if ur running boost its always best to get good quality gauges to monitor. or else you wont knw ur oil temps, u wont realise overboost and etc..

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Evo 7.. ECU can be flashed right? Why want to install E-Manage, really tak faham.

If there's no boost controller in your car, and the stock boost solenoid is controlled by the stock ECU, you can safely remove the e-manage.

peeche

Known Member
May 16, 2006
Sin City, MY

I am wondering if the emanage is the culprit as I am only getting 270kms +/- for a tank of fuel presently, given a choice, I would go for stock set-up
try to re-tune your e-manage. you'll get much better fuel consumption with a good tuning. Possibly the previous owner mod this car before and change back to stock before selling the car, but he didn't send it for re-tune. :listen:

satria81

500 RPM
Sep 19, 2005
PETALING JAYA
try to re-tune your e-manage. you'll get much better fuel consumption with a good tuning. Possibly the previous owner mod this car before and change back to stock before selling the car, but he didn't send it for re-tune. :listen:
I would agree that the previous owner would have modded cos why would someone run the car with an emanage without race cams/ pulleys etc

my fuel consumption is high. from full tank of petrol up to empty, I wud hardly get 270kms.

peeche

Known Member
May 16, 2006
Sin City, MY
I would agree that the previous owner would have modded cos why would someone run the car with an emanage without race cams/ pulleys etc

my fuel consumption is high. from full tank of petrol up to empty, I wud hardly get 270kms.
Ouchhh, that's hurt. Such a fuel guzzler. It might be right, but some of Airtrek's owner install e-manage to get better consumption and run safely on ron 95.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
evo7 run emanage? cheap fast way for mods...but the tuning is rough... ecu can be flashed but use piggyback for what....

i suspect prrvious owner either too much money or scanmed by certain ppl/shop....

and my suggestion...go for a dynotune to check the engine tuning first.......after get the baseline then remove the emanage...sell it and send your car for ecu flashing and tune to suits your car "proper" needs....

and please get essential meter for easier engine monitoring...most: boost+water temp+oil temp gauge...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Halo GUYZ,
Especially for those in sales line. Pls be carefulll with this person:-

Kevin Lee:angry_smile:
016-319 2973
BEC Resources

What Happen.....
Yesterday morning this idiot tend to call my channel manager for a meet up to discuss further on the business. [In-short] During meet-up - This fucker have de lunch together with us and kinda interested on our product. So v just know that this fucker might be the potential customer. Anyhow after...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience