eibach pro-kit experience

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
Thanks dennis for the answer..

whitewagon, I mean plain uneven road.. If potholes then Merc S-Class will also 'goyang' maa.. :biggrin:

Last edited:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
ohlins run on two separated chambers where the oil chamber will absorb slow bounce force better weariest the air chamber will take up the sudden jerk from the road. But it will mostly take up one hit and the second one will be felt as well. The only abs which i had experienced with which would take up more than one sudden bumps is tein, ORIGINAL JAPAN tein. Where you won't get the same handling from the taiwan/aka tein replica which we could seen all around malaysia now.
Ah! got absorber sifu here. What is your take on the mono tube against the twin chamber?
Read about them where manufacturer mention mono tube better for this and that.....

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

Stiff when it should be soft, soft when it should be stiff.
Wah! like that really all wrong liao......

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Thanks dennis for the answer..

whitewagon, I mean plain uneven road.. If potholes then Merc S-Class will also 'goyang' maa.. :biggrin:
Medium springs, stiff shocks? Suspension has gotta absorb them bumps :rofl:

Haha i'd like to learn about suspension too, I think thats the only thing im intrested in my car atm :rolleyes:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Medium springs, stiff shocks? Suspension has gotta absorb them bumps :rofl:

Haha i'd like to learn about suspension too, I think thats the only thing im intrested in my car atm :rolleyes:
I had that setup years ago in Wife's Wira. As you know the rear end always sinks on heavy load. So instead of harder springs, I change to stiffer shocks and it works. Together with harder springs then I think too hard already......

dennisdreams

Known Member
Feb 15, 2006
Ah! got absorber sifu here. What is your take on the mono tube against the twin chamber?
Read about them where manufacturer mention mono tube better for this and that.....

[

It depending on what you were expecting and tuning for~ for durability, it's twin chamber/twin tube wins hand on~ sharp respond, fast performance wise would be favor to the mono tube system. which sacrificed the life span (a lot) i had seen a twin chamber tein works like wonders for over 10 years with minimal routine cleans and refilling N2 (around 200k on the dash~) but never seen a monotube serves more than 5 years without degrading more than half of it's performance (except once i come upon an really old Bilstein serves 11 years but 40k on the dash~ XD~

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
I had that setup years ago in Wife's Wira. As you know the rear end always sinks on heavy load. So instead of harder springs, I change to stiffer shocks and it works. Together with harder springs then I think too hard already......
My wagons suspension lagi weird, im running stiff springs in front, slightly cut in the back and stiff shocks all round hahaha.

Yeah but before this I was using GAB shocks, the car feels much more stable than ordinary shocks.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
It depending on what you were expecting and tuning for~ for durability, it's twin chamber/twin tube wins hand on~ sharp respond, fast performance wise would be favor to the mono tube system. which sacrificed the life span (a lot) i had seen a twin chamber tein works like wonders for over 10 years with minimal routine cleans and refilling N2 (around 200k on the dash~) but never seen a monotube serves more than 5 years without degrading more than half of it's performance (except once i come upon an really old Bilstein serves 11 years but 40k on the dash~ XD~
Bro. dennisdreams.....thanks....

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

My wagons suspension lagi weird, im running stiff springs in front, slightly cut in the back and stiff shocks all round hahaha.

Yeah but before this I was using GAB shocks, the car feels much more stable than ordinary shocks.
Rears cut? Then front and rears spring rate differs more?

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Bro. dennisdreams.....thanks....

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

Rears cut? Then front and rears spring rate differs more?
Yeah, my nissan isnt coilovers like the front, or like the sentra B14. Its like.. KE70/AE86 rear springs and shocks are seperated.

Haha so the rear I cut 1 or 2 gelung off and am running custom shocks, so far its been handling well and comfy :rofl:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yeah, my nissan isnt coilovers like the front, or like the sentra B14. Its like.. KE70/AE86 rear springs and shocks are seperated.

Haha so the rear I cut 1 or 2 gelung off and am running custom shocks, so far its been handling well and comfy :rofl:
Even though not running on McPherson struts like in the front, coil springs is still coil springs. Cutting them short changes the springs damping rates, becomes softer, less compression.....

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Even though not running on McPherson struts like in the front, coil springs is still coil springs. Cutting them short changes the springs damping rates, becomes softer, less compression.....
Yeah thats what everybody says, but I dont know how lah, I guess its all down to my shocks. I dont bottom out and can outcorner a LOT of cars.

I plan to change to saga lowering springs though, proper ones. People say it can fit so imma try lah and get the shocks retuned again :smokin:

What suspension you using anyway dude? :rolleyes:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yeah thats what everybody says, but I dont know how lah, I guess its all down to my shocks. I dont bottom out and can outcorner a LOT of cars.

I plan to change to saga lowering springs though, proper ones. People say it can fit so imma try lah and get the shocks retuned again :smokin:

What suspension you using anyway dude? :rolleyes:
If it works for you, then can continue using. I tried one before, done on all 4 corners. It does not bottom out either, good in corner because lowered but when doing high speed in country road, where road is winding and undulating, and when hit a hit bounce and re bounce stretch, the car top out, and on re bounce it like no control at all. Very scary.....

My VR rear are adjustable for height/load using the spring (old technology) made by Top Perfect, currently company renamed as HWL. Front one are original strut but cut open and change all internal parts, Damping rate stiffen by 25%, but using original springs, so car is not lowered for a balance of comfort and handling. Strut is sealed with removable cap so that the strut can be serviceable. Rear are adjustable so height is adjusted to match the front......

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
If it works for you, then can continue using. I tried one before, done on all 4 corners. It does not bottom out either, good in corner because lowered but when doing high speed in country road, where road is winding and undulating, and when hit a hit bounce and re bounce stretch, the car top out, and on re bounce it like no control at all. Very scary.....

My VR rear are adjustable for height/load using the spring (old technology) made by Top Perfect, currently company renamed as HWL. Front one are original strut but cut open and change all internal parts, Damping rate stiffen by 25%, but using original springs, so car is not lowered for a balance of comfort and handling. Strut is sealed with removable cap so that the strut can be serviceable. Rear are adjustable so height is adjusted to match the front......
Hmm did you redo your shocks when you cut your springs? Funny though, back in the 80's when parts were rare it was SUPER common that racecars had cut springs :confused: , the wonders of technology and reasonable prices nowadays ahaha. Can even make wagons handle well :rofl:.

You're driving a galant im guessing? Yeah HWL's I know them, thought of getting my own sus customed there but they're not that comfy when the spring rates are high... they handle well though!

So you're not running hi-lows just revalved shocks? :rolleyes:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I think a small misunderstanding here. I mentioned I tried before the cut springs but not done to my ride (was on friend's ride), so I decided not to do it. When I got my Galant already in year 2000....ha! ha!
At that time HWL (Top Perfect) just started out and he had the rear full suspension for my ride, meaning absorbers and springs together. However they did not have for the front, so I ask him to custom make the original absorbers. Nowadays they are pretty busy with their productions of new absorbers and are not willing to do custom shocks. Maybe you know them better.

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
I think a small misunderstanding here. I mentioned I tried before the cut springs but not done to my ride (was on friend's ride), so I decided not to do it. When I got my Galant already in year 2000....ha! ha!
At that time HWL (Top Perfect) just started out and he had the rear full suspension for my ride, meaning absorbers and springs together. However they did not have for the front, so I ask him to custom make the original absorbers. Nowadays they are pretty busy with their productions of new absorbers and are not willing to do custom shocks. Maybe you know them better.
Hmm I see I see, haha nah I dont know them, friends dad does. They still do custom from time to time but I preffer TiTan... much more comfier haha.

Then theres another one in Sunway, RCS. I heard they do corner balancing :driver:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hmm I see I see, haha nah I dont know them, friends dad does. They still do custom from time to time but I preffer TiTan... much more comfier haha.

Then theres another one in Sunway, RCS. I heard they do corner balancing :driver:
If normal cars like Proton, Toyota and Honda, then easy to find. Most brands have for them.
VR4 still have but selected, because less in the market. My wife's Sonata III, then cannot find...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guys, anyone is using speed trap sensor? i used to travel long distance at least twice a week, can't really enjoy driving when i had to 'drag' my car in 90kmph on such a wide n straight highway over nothing....i hate myself wen i had indirectly became 1 of d moron road hog....

i start to consider this illegal yet usefull device...however i always doubt on its accuracy n practicality....any real story abt the speed trap sensor, in terms of the functionality of the device, trouble wen...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience