eibach pro-kit experience

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
Guys,

Anyone here has any experience using Eibach Pro-Kit sport spring? I'm interested in this product because it only lowers your car 1.3"-1.5" and claims that you still can use your stock absorber. The Eibach website also says that their spring is progressive type, which means it improves handling while still maintains close to stock ride comfort.

I went to a Michelin shop in Manjung yesterday and they quoted RM1500 per set! :hmmmm: I was very shocked as a set of GAB sport spring costs between RM500-600 only.

So, if anyone is using Eibach Pro-Kit or has experience using it, please share it here.. Thanks a lot!
:driver:

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
i havent used eibach before but, GAB is local and Eibach is german? i'd pay for the german technology anytime..

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
Yup, better pay more rather than regret later. My previous experience using GAB products is not very good. But why lah this Eibach Pro-Kit is so expensive.. :hmmmm:. Anybody knows where to get this kit at more reasonable price?

SYeNi69

Known Member
Jun 27, 2006
TTDI KL
Good things dont come cheap ... but then again i have no experices with it ... but then i would have confidence buying it cause of the RND they do instead of imitating other brands :)

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
for the price of the eibach springs, i'd save up and top up more for a fully adjustable coilover. least u can get hi/low and soft hard setting. with the eibach springs, u cant set anything.

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
hmm, you're right about that. I thought eibach pro-kit is around 1k only.. what brand of adjustable you're using arrowhead?

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
this was the same dilemma i face last time...eventhou i dun own a honda.....yet...
better opt for GAB SS since it has hi lo soft hard function... :driver:

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
amran, in the end I guest you chose the hi-lo soft-hard adjustable right? Actually, I got a new quotation from a shop in Kepong. RM980 for a set of Eibach Pro-Kit springs. GAB SS is around RM2k++ for a set if I'm not mistaken.

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
last time check my car dun have hi lo soft hard... :bawling:
so just went for hwl hi lo for this ol skool car...hahahaha!

if not mistaken GAB SS is ard 2.4k..
eibach pro kit is also not bad...gud handling and quite comfy...
but diff people got diff taste...
however my place does not allow my car to be lowered...too many road bumps, holes (due to construction) and very bad road condition at where i lives currently...
luckily its on hi lo now...so i just change the setting to be abit higher...but need to be slow at road bumps to avoid those uncomfortable moment due to hard abs and spring...hahaha!

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Just a word of advice, try not to get GAB. From my own personal experience their shocks last less than a year from brand new...

And I dont mean leaking, the shaft broke. Heh I dont trust them one bit anymore.

mufakkir

Known Member
Oct 5, 2006
say no to gab..i hv bad experience using gab, used only for 1 year then leaking edi..go back to the shop, they ask me trade in and buy new set rather than service..bad after sales service..

dennisdreams

Known Member
Feb 15, 2006
Yup, better pay more rather than regret later. My previous experience using GAB products is not very good. But why lah this Eibach Pro-Kit is so expensive.. :hmmmm:. Anybody knows where to get this kit at more reasonable price?
Eibach Pro-Kit for honda civic EG/EK series code : E4015-140
the selling price on eibach official site is 150 GBP~ about MYR 700~750, by all means it should be well around 1000 mark~

you should check with the official eibach - BBS dealer in KL~

and it's original logo on the box should look like this~

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
Thanks a bunch dennis! Really useful info there. By the way, what's your opinion about Eeibach Pro-kit? (handling, ride comfort, absorber lifespan etc.)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Would appreciate any advice regarding this conversion but would particularly like to know whether the 1JZ-gte would fit nicely in the E30's chassis. I'm hoping it will fit considering that model's standard engine is also a 2.5 liter 6 cylinder just worried there won't be enough space for the piping for the turbo and other engine mods i might want to add....Anyways thanks in advance!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience