egine stall while driving

levin 20v

Known Member
Oct 11, 2005
Hi Guys,

Can anyone help me out with my car. its an airtrek turbo. Just had the air musk changed and the problem is still there. The engine stall while driving and have to wait for few minutes before it can start again. have been bothering me even since. I'm not the driver, but my wife. Have been grumbling in my sleep. Now i got nightmares. Please help all sifus:adore: Thank You.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Is yr car stock?

Are u using blow off valve?

How is water temp?

When did this started?

Where is yr location bro? If u r in KL, I recond u send to Ah Wah

kaninbu

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2008
KL
There r lotsa factor that cause engine stall.fuel pump?dirty fuel filter?alternator?is better send to a mechanic.

levin 20v

Known Member
Oct 11, 2005
Hi guys,

Engine stock, just changed fuel pump and battery.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
If the problem happens after you changed your fuel pump, highly possible due to that. Send it back to the mechanic to check.

jeffayn

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2004
Klang
I got a question to ask you ... why do you change the fuel pump and the battery at first place?

Issit because the car stall prior?

If this problem happened after you change the fuel pump and battery then please go back to your mechanic and request a fast check up !

If prior this your car is having this problem too, it can be a mis-diagnosed by your mechanic.
#1--The culprit maybe a loosen aged fused that prevent your battery to be charged
#2--A faulty wiring system that keep dropping your voltage while driving
#3-- for example like a faulty alternator, short circuit electronics
#4-- in an unlikely event, but happened, is a faulty exhaust system where like the catalytic converter or something inner had block up the airflow exit the exhaust and make it choke after it get hot.

But the first thing you need to do is to send it back to your mechanic who fix the fuel pump.. it can be as simple as a loosen connection ...

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
maybe the Idle control valve not working properly.. my car do stall quite few times. it is because of blow off valve. need to reflash to minimize that problem.. now the idle control valve start to show symtoms.. damm..

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
bro 4gbanger, have you remap your ECU? Ask the tuner to check your idle map. If it has been changed before, restore the factory idle map will just solve the problem.

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
im not sure my car has been reflash or not from previous owner but the ECU now is placed at the foot area. i did not reflash it yet but i know the idle control valve start to create problem as the aircond or steering turn during idling makes the idle drop..

faruck

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2011
selangor
im not sure my car has been reflash or not from previous owner but the ECU now is placed at the foot area. i did not reflash it yet but i know the idle control valve start to create problem as the aircond or steering turn during idling makes the idle drop..
i thought that was normal??? :hmmmm:

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
which part was normal bro faruck? did u mean the idle drop due to steering turn during stop? the idle control valve suppost to give some vacuum support so the idle does not drop below idling rev.

Last edited:

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
The ecu is located at the passenger side and only the obd2 port below the steering column. On idling, if steering is turned, rpm sud either stay or go up. If engine dies, yes the idling valve is gone.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
You can actually ask Ah Wah to take it out for you and 'service' it. It will help a bit.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear DIY sifus,

I bought 1 autometer afr meter. try to get sigal from the o2 sensor but didn't get a single reading. it shows all the way lean. am i getting the right wire? i hook up to a wire of 1 of the sensor near the turbo manifold. there's 2 wire, 1 is white and the other one is black. both came out same result.

hope sifus here can help out on this.

Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience