EG/EK/DC owners... Pls Give Me feedback!

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
ok bro's, i need to ask u guys this.. it has been bothering me for the past 6-7 months and i wanna know whether im alone on this or is everyone facing it as well

cabin sounds. im sure most of u have it, but my question is whether is it ever possible, to totally eliminate the damn sound.

i have this particular sound coming from my dashboard, which is actually my climate control panel "lose". i tightened it, stuff papers in the visible gaps, use double sided taps, dismantle my climate control uncountable times, tie every damn wire i see... use sponge... everything i can think of has been done...

and lastly, i changed the damn dashboard. everything was fine until recently, there was this lil annoying sound again, its a diff sound altogether... sounds like a loose wire. but i've opened it up (again) and tied the shit out of everything... yet its still there.... it only irritates when i go on bumpy roads, yellow lines... etc.

what are ur solutions? do u just live it with? change to a noisier muffler? blast the speakers? or m i the only one with this damn problem (2 sets of dashboard!)

=(

cannot sleep at night, kind of a perfectionist... lol

im going :stupid::stupid::stupid::stupid:

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
sad. i cant live with it, damn irritating =(

but i am no hardcore dragger, so launching isn't my everyday thing.. i just drive for fun... abs not very hard either, 6kg front, 4kg back... consider on the soft side..

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
Try emptying your glove box & anything in the dashboard first, then take it out for a spin and check if the sound is still there....try testing with air cond off & on....sometimes it might be something in the air vent/ blower.

Or could it be possible that the sound is not coming from the dashboard?
maybe from the exhaust.....

My car once had a light "ching-ching" sound, i thought it came from the dashboard but it really was an exhaust mounting that broke (mounting attached to block), removed it and everything was fine.

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
shall try that soon, weekends only im free to do so.

however, im quite sure its coming from the dashboard. reason being, last time prior to my virs dash, i had diff sound, changed dash cuz of that sound.

now diff sound pulak... lol...

hattech-v

Over 10,000 RPM!
Oct 10, 2004
Seri Kembangan
www.avantech.com.my
its normal for EJ/EK generation... i face the same thing when i play my EK long time ago till i got fed up with that. simply change to the louder muffler to override the noise.. haha

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
its normal for EJ/EK generation... i face the same thing when i play my EK long time ago till i got fed up with that. simply change to the louder muffler to override the noise.. haha

hahaha so im not the only one la? okla liddis... fcuk it... take out exhaust, kasi pipe saja... confirm wont hear anymore.. :biggrin::biggrin:

shah5755

Known Member
Apr 20, 2007
Pj....kch
bro,that irritating sound can make you headache n cannot sleep at nite :banghead: i still face that kind of sound on my eg but juz ignore it......change exhaust can solve the prob from your ears but not in your heart...:rofl::rofl:

civic EdGe

Known Member
Jul 27, 2006
Perfectionist? Seems like we are from the same gang...:biggrin:
But for me, that was around 2 yrs ago.....
Got lil bit of noise only,, straight away requested my mech to track it down and eliminate it....
Then it went OK for a while, then as time goes by, more types of "music" surfaced...
To sum up, the "musical instruments" are:
Dash
Steering column
Driver side door lock
Passenger side door panel
Malfunctioned ori tweeter at the back
Driver seat! (this one quite bad)

So, bro Arrowhead, yours is considered not bad d.....:biggrin:
At least yours got vtec sound to cover the music, mine i dun have...:bawling:

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
LOL!

vtec sound also cannot save me seriously. damn perfectionist.

i've decided to just let it be la. fighting a loosing battle. it never ends!

thanks for the feedback, now i feel so much better .. lol

shah5755

Known Member
Apr 20, 2007
Pj....kch
bro,surrender does'nt mean we lose:rofl:
as long as vtec still got the pranng sound juz ignore those 'kacau' sound :biggrin:

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
hahahahahaa. ya that one no choice la bro.

if no xover sound, then problem sikit.. HAHAHA

pc_teh

Known Member
Jun 18, 2008
switch on your radio loud ..... Play your favorite song ... settle ....

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
switch on your radio loud ..... Play your favorite song ... settle ....

sad to say, i removed my woofer + amp in order to gain a lighter chassis (LOL!)

hardly listen to the radio also when i drive the car...

i guess this is something we all (eg/ek) owners have to face, the unforgiving sound...

oh well.. i have passed that stage... learning to move on!