EG clubs/owner etc

arturo

nooB

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
peterj....no longgar? piston slap on cold start must be horrible...

this question if for shiro if he comes back...

i got real bad knocking on my b16a (stock standard with some minor pnp). i've tried retarding the timing till the level when exiting a junction becomes really dangerous (press accelerator and can only hear *broaaaaap* but really sluggish pickup) but the knocking is still there. i've tried using ron97 and its reduced but still there. what can be done? where should i check? i've had dizzy failures in the past so i'm running a halfcut dizzy, ultra plug cables and standard honda plugs. can a standard ecu be tuned to reduce the knocking?

mADmAN

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
stock shouldnt be having that kinda issue... could be other possible hardware failure...

but if u wanna tlak about ECU... then i guess crome would be the cheapest n most bang for buck solution... can tune ur a/f ratio as well as ur ignition timing.

ChyanHonda

ChyanHonda

Jul 6, 2011
PJ
stock shouldnt be having that kinda issue... could be other possible hardware failure...

but if u wanna tlak about ECU... then i guess crome would be the cheapest n most bang for buck solution... can tune ur a/f ratio as well as ur ignition timing.
madman, how much the crome ecu in the market now?

mADmAN

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
avantech doing it for RM550 inclusive of dyno rental for 1 hour... if take longer then have to top up.

zhaf_b16

Known Member

zhaf_b16

Known Member
Aug 9, 2006
is it really best bang for buck solution? RM550 including tuning ke bro?

where's bro shiro? have he tried the dc2r front arb into EG? PNP or not? hehe.

Last edited:

mADmAN

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
is it really best bang for buck solution? RM550 including tuning ke bro?

where's bro shiro? have he tried the dc2r front arb into EG? PNP or not? hehe.
yeah....crome is the best bang for buck management for us right now... said to be the same level as Hondata S100

include dyno tuning bro... dyno kat USJ. kalau ECU takde tapak utk chip... add RM100 for the tapak.

crome = nice....

madman...if hardware...where to focus on? dizzy?
typically when knocking...yeah dizzy....but try other plug cables as well...

suggest bringing to a workshop to fully diagnose though...especially to check the distributor

If doesn't include tuning, dyno 1 hour rental for what?? :rofl:
BETUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLL!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

EDIT: this arrived today from weksos after waiting for 2 weeks :D

Prothane Shifter Bushings

Last edited:

arturo

nooB

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
madman....dizzy hard to find good unit. halfcut units all going for at least rm750/unit

recond unit cant even touch. use half year already dead.

rm550 is without tuning rite? sasuke is charging ard RM800 for everything include tuning n dyno...

mADmAN

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
rm550 is without tuning rite? sasuke is charging ard RM800 for everything include tuning n dyno...
wah lan neh... already posted how many times INCLUDING DYNO TUNING.....

as for dizzy...sometimes it can be fixed.. thats what my mech did for me..works like a charm... if ur near shah alam head to sri muda... Fast Autoworks and look for Ah Keong (the boss)...

he takes bits n pieces from other dizzy to repair n fix...

arturo

nooB

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
madman...mine oso now bits n pieces from various other dizzy. n i'm keeping a spare coil n igniter just in case. the dizzy when gone really just gone. cant even start the engine up.

550 with tuning is really not bad price...they will give 1 map or can ask for 2 seperate maps? cos i have the software here n if can have 2 seperate maps...can store in notebook n switch when syiok hehehehe 1 map for FC....1 map for heavy foot wakakkaka

mADmAN

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
madman...mine oso now bits n pieces from various other dizzy. n i'm keeping a spare coil n igniter just in case. the dizzy when gone really just gone. cant even start the engine up.

550 with tuning is really not bad price...they will give 1 map or can ask for 2 seperate maps? cos i have the software here n if can have 2 seperate maps...can store in notebook n switch when syiok hehehehe 1 map for FC....1 map for heavy foot wakakkaka
the mapping part i dunno... coz crome is basically a custom chip... and once the chip is burned with a map...dunno can re-burn it again or not..

n crome is not like hondata where u plug in USB and simply play with it... u actually have to use an emulator (which is an entirely different hardware) to setup the mapping etc.

if u wanna play switch-switch... then ur gonna need to have 2 chips...n change out the chips when u feel like it.

arturo

nooB

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
madman....u really power la. yr idea is totally ingenius. i can get the engineers here to make a hot switch n mount both chips with a toggle switch on the dash to switch between the 2 chips. no need motech anymore! hahaha

but seriously...i saw some guys in the states saying they play with the mapping themselves cos the crome software can download free from the website n u can play with all the functions.

mADmAN

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
madman....u really power la. yr idea is totally ingenius. i can get the engineers here to make a hot switch n mount both chips with a toggle switch on the dash to switch between the 2 chips. no need motech anymore! hahaha

but seriously...i saw some guys in the states saying they play with the mapping themselves cos the crome software can download free from the website n u can play with all the functions.
i had the same idea too....but cant figure out a way to switch 24 pin connections at once... hahahha

yeah u can download the software free... but thats just the normal crome... not crome pro which needs to pay...pro got data logging somemore n some others cant remember....dunno how they play with it la... but to setup crome ull need a chip burner and an emulator.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

sifu,

currently im searching for 4G94 block to mate with my 4G93T... currently using GT2835R...

wat conrod is suitable for 4G94..wat brand of piston is best to upgrade ???

can i use evo 2.3L crankshaft ???

advice needed....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience