EG clubs/owner etc

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Usually japanese reply mail quite slow one. Somemore you email friday, assuming they don't open on saturday and sunday, what you expect?

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
last time i mailed Mines for my evo 4 rechip ecu detail, they reply in 3-4 days, but i do it before weekend la...lol

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
You know already they reply late, and you send email on friday, and you wonder why they haven't reply. What la you! LOL

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
bro, pls help.... installed ss blaster coil.... cap using the type that got external coil application,brand is accel if not wrong, not msd cap....ultra plug cable (quite old)......got increase in fuel efficiency and response , but , still fucking miss fire.... will see if that happen after i plunk in the new msd cable on friday..... and the seller ask me change distributor to msd distributor if the problem still exist... what sifu think? get the 6AL? or new distributor? or other stuff? this condition happen before i got turboed it, i change the ignitor unit with a recond one before, but it lasted a while before this happen again....headache:banghead: i attached the video recorded of the problem.... in zip file sorry coz dunno how upload video direct at here....

Attachments

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
help sifu:banghead: gonna get 6AL, 2nd hand msd billet distributor that cost 1800, or a new oem honda distributor(with ignitor and sensor only) and coupe with msd??:confused:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
ur gonna have to wait for sifoo shiro to respond...but saw ur video and dayum! rev really lompat man

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
yea.. that the headache thing, wanna solve it fast fast:banghead:

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

bump....waiting response for whole day...

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
zzzzzzzzzzzzzz......

---------- Post added at 09:04 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:43 AM ----------

shiroitenshi, i wish i can tag you like facebook

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
help.....:banghead:

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
sifu madman, hondata s300, if turbo set up required extra map sensor upgrade like those emanage?

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
dunno bro.... i never play around with hondata before...

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
sifu madman, hondata s300, if turbo set up required extra map sensor upgrade like those emanage?
Answer is yes, you require a map sensor upgrade if you want the ECU to read the boost tables in the hondata ECU map.

With hondata, you will be replacing the OEM MAP sensor. Not sure about E-manage. Never seen an turbo honda car with emanage before, so dunno how the system works. They intercept the map sensor input then return atmospheric reading to stock ECU maybe? Because I know if honda ecu getting map sensor reading exceeding 1004mbar, the check light will come on. Or maybe not, as the 3-4bar Map sensor still outputs 5V maximum. *is thinking while typing this, lol*. I think the second one, but like I said, haven't seen a turbo honda with emanage (as in, haven't had opportunity to look at how the mapping for emanage works for turboed cars)

With hondata, you get extra boost columns for boost, so you have quite fine control over the injectors and ignition outside boost.

If you run a boost cheat, then no. Because you will trick the ECU into not seeing boost. This is usually the old cheaper method of turboing using fuel regulator adjustment

Back to the Map sensor thing.
You can run any map sensor that you know the specs of.

Means at 5V = how much bar Psi/InHg/Bar. You can calibrate easily if you have a good vac/boost meter. For ultimate accuracy, try get a readout from Bosch FSA740 diagnostic station. Some Shell stations have it. One in Kota Bharu, Kelantan does. I also know a station in Penang and KL that has it too, but not sure where, because I met them during the Bosch FSA training seminar.

If you know the specs of that MAP sensor, you can use it. If cannot bolt on TB, you can run a vac line to the intake and reference from there. Stock intake, run a T fitting on the regulator or something. If aftermarket intake, usually got extra vac port you can use.

If want bolt on to TB, choices are quite a lot, hondata only provides settings for neutronics, aem, motec and honda/hondata MAP sensors. But like mentioned earlier, if you know the specs, you can put any map sensor in provided it fits.

---------- Post added 07-30-2012 at 12:01 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was 07-29-2012 at 11:58 PM ----------

bro, pls help.... installed ss blaster coil.... cap using the type that got external coil application,brand is accel if not wrong, not msd cap....ultra plug cable (quite old)......got increase in fuel efficiency and response , but , still fucking miss fire.... will see if that happen after i plunk in the new msd cable on friday..... and the seller ask me change distributor to msd distributor if the problem still exist... what sifu think? get the 6AL? or new distributor? or other stuff? this condition happen before i got turboed it, i change the ignitor unit with a recond one before, but it lasted a while before this happen again....headache:banghead: i attached the video recorded of the problem.... in zip file sorry coz dunno how upload video direct at here....
Well obviously your igniter is gone case already. If you upgrade to MSD ignition box, you 'PROBABLY' still have to replace your current igniter, depending on whether it is failing to provide a good signal to the coil/ignition box. The thing with using bigger coils is that it draws more power from the ignitor. And since your previous setup the coil already acted up, I'm thinking it's probably KO'ed.

Good luck with MSD billet distributor. I heard of a guy trying it out. Perhaps it was a defect, but the thing jammed. But since it was only one guy, who knows for sure the reliability?

---------- Post added at 12:20 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz......

---------- Post added at 09:04 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:43 AM ----------

shiroitenshi, i wish i can tag you like facebook
Lol, sorry no facebook. Even ZTH also I visit when I free only.
Anyway, replied.

If you do change the map sensor, and run hondata, I can help you with how to wire it in and calibrate.

What did top fuel recommend?

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Continued

Ok so now you've installed your air filter, changed your exhaust and still have bucket loads of cash to spend, what's next?

Personally I would recommend something that requires very little maintenance and doesn't take much time to install, so I'd suggest to work on the chassis or...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience