EG clubs/owner etc

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
wow with your 2L set up 187 hp on wheel..maybe i was aiming to high... lower my target to get 175 hp atleast i must do the following set up..can i just buy a b16b kosong only and just plug and play to my eg9 with b16b im and tb with rechip using crome...sorry for lots of question... will it worth it compare targeting to cam etc...can b16b use aftermarket spring and retainer ( which is recommended by you guys) without using the b16b spring and retainer??
my stock b16a with knn open pod and walbro take me 151whp with 143NM with ron95... chip tuning of course:driver:

TOMEI-R

500 RPM
Jan 14, 2004
ic2.. so madman what is your currently dyno hp if u mind to share?? my target is atleast to ctr 185 hp...heheheh any good recipe to achieve there kind of nvm...

The best recipe that I reckon for an 185hp on wheels upgrade for your car would be a big wad of cash. This is neccessary for upgrades of the likes of
1) Hondata S300
2) Jun Type 3 cams set
3) Toda pistons and internal set
4) A 2.5' straight flow exhaust system including a very good Toda/Mugen header
5) Skunk 2 Intake upgrade
6) CAI (Mugen My favaurite)
7) Fully Balanced Engine

The estimated cost (brand new parts) + workmanship would probably cost you about Rm15k. Your target on wheel hp on your b16a would then be around 185 to 190 hp. This is normally the power that the S1k/MSS mid field runners are running.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
had a friend who build a 197whp B16A... costed him 15k...mostly toda parts...but dont know the exact specs though...

as for B16B engine kosong...yeah can fit...whether or not its worth it is up to u... coz i wont be surprised after the B16B u still want cams... hahahahahaha

personally... no replacement for displacement... so i would get a B18C-R engine kosong and shove it in with some management n cams. should cost u around 10k....but u can expect 200 on wheel (mebbe more)...cheaper option would be a b20 setup with B16B cams.... good for about 180-185hp...but not as reliable as B18C and max rev is at 8k

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
for a cost 10-15k, i will rather choose to have turbo the b series with forged internal..... for NA route, i did follow madman sifu b20 set up with forged internal rad redline at 9.5k..... a street machine no nid that kind of extreme modding unless u treat our malaysia road as ur sepang track:smokin:

seriously, a 200hp b20 is really good for street, if budget a bit, 15k enough to get a fully built S20 b20 with some cams, if just wanna simple way, no cam just high rev with stock cams ,stock 4.4, forged block internals, i think 15k still have left u a lot of maintenance and pump lots of ron97 or ron100(if gt) .... no offense, that is from my mech..:rolleyes:

racedemon22

Known Member
Oct 17, 2008
[/COLOR]thanks for the info guys..have to digest all the info...do installing walbro fuel pump increase perfromance (newbie here)..one more thing where can i look for honda civic oem parts nvm catalog so that i can order some parts for my aging eg9....

TOMEI-R

500 RPM
Jan 14, 2004
I think you are very much contradicting yourself or dont know what you are talking about. You said that street cars dont need extreme modding unless you treat our local roads like Sepang track, then again you said that a 200 bhp B20 is really good for street? I think you are really confused...
Ps..btw our cars here all run on Ron97. So I think that doesnt need to be put into the cost of modding the car.

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

[/COLOR]thanks for the info guys..have to digest all the info...do installing walbro fuel pump increase perfromance (newbie here)..one more thing where can i look for honda civic oem parts nvm catalog so that i can order some parts for my aging eg9....
No...installing a Walbro fuel pump doesnt really increase performance. Unless with your current mods, your engine does suffer fuel starvation and you need better fueling, then will you need to install a Walbro fuel pump and of course Fuel pressure regulators. If your car is stock then the original fuel pump is adequate.
For Honda OEM parts, you can try looking at Lin Hup Seng Jalan Ipoh. This authorized Honda parts dealer do stock on the parts for older generation Hondas.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
put it this way la....if i had 15k budget to mod....and i already have a B16A in my car....u know wat i would do?? sell off the B16A as a halfcut and drop in a K20 :P

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
put it this way la....if i had 15k budget to mod....and i already have a B16A in my car....u know wat i would do?? sell off the B16A as a halfcut and drop in a K20 :P
nope.. it will be k24A sure the right choice for madman

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
with that budget.... k24 mana cukup duit wei... hahahahahha

must think about K100, brake upgrade (if using stock B16 brakes)

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
yea.. money is a constrain, here got 1 fellow, k24 still not enough in his drag car, going stroker to k27, damn...... 2 scary facts, the headgasket holes, the distance between the bores are just 1mm, and the piston size 100mm:banghead: and yet still smoke by a b20, get number 2..lol

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
6) CAI (Mugen My favaurite)
btw bro...dont think ive ever seen a mugen CAI for EG hatch before... can post a picture/link to the one u talking about?

racedemon22

Known Member
Oct 17, 2008
I think you are very much contradicting yourself or dont know what you are talking about. You said that street cars dont need extreme modding unless you treat our local roads like Sepang track, then again you said that a 200 bhp B20 is really good for street? I think you are really confused...
Ps..btw our cars here all run on Ron97. So I think that doesnt need to be put into the cost of modding the car.

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

No...installing a Walbro fuel pump doesnt really increase performance. Unless with your current mods, your engine does suffer fuel starvation and you need better fueling, then will you need to install a Walbro fuel pump and of course Fuel pressure regulators. If your car is stock then the original fuel pump is adequate.
For Honda OEM parts, you can try looking at Lin Hup Seng Jalan Ipoh. This authorized Honda parts dealer do stock on the parts for older generation Hondas.
thanks, will look for LHS right away..do you think they do postage as i am in Sarawak?? one of my eg9 black inner door trim broke and need of replacement...

TOMEI-R

500 RPM
Jan 14, 2004
btw bro...dont think ive ever seen a mugen CAI for EG hatch before... can post a picture/link to the one u talking about?
Oops...thats for me because mine's a DC2R... also available for EK but never seen one before for EG. Can an EK one fit into an Eg?

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

thanks, will look for LHS right away..do you think they do postage as i am in Sarawak?? one of my eg9 black inner door trim broke and need of replacement...
Im sure they do postage to Sarawak but the inner door trim Im not sure the have or not leh... why not order from halfcut shop. Try mudah.my. Got lotsa stuff there for sale.

Last edited:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
usually wat fits for DC2 will fit for EG...

would still like to see which one u meant...

TOMEI-R

500 RPM
Jan 14, 2004
This should be a clearer picture. Some people say this doesnt fit EG though... There also two versions of this though. One is smaller to fit cars with ABS and another bigger one to fit cars that are non ABS.

Attachments

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

But now.. I think they are nice..especially in terms of reliability, comfort, and looks!

When I was younger, BMW oozed sex appeal with its M Sport cars, or even the plain jane with some M inspired bodywork, and Mercedes like the big-small eye E class, or the wide eye C class just looked.. UNCLE...

Now..

And speaking with owners of BMW, Audi, and Mercedes in Malaysia seems that...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience