E3 abs problem,headache

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
To make the story short, i currently change my front and rear brake to e5 brembo, the front i use e4 knuckles since it plug the front brembo with just one lower arm ball joint replacement,and use back oem abs sensor, the rear i custom bracket to fit the caliper, use back ori abs gear and sensor with custom bracket and proper sensor spacing...

When all the mod done, i went for teasting, discover the brake pedal sinked to the metal while i apply brake, brake not functioning well and need reapply or pump the brake to have brake force, and what annoying is the abs also keep pumping with bloody heavy "spring" sound... Or grok grok grok... Abs working while no slip all the time especially speed less then 40kmh...

I suspect master cylinder out and also the old rotor might bend, i change new pad, new disc and master brake pump, bleed brake calipers, go testing, brake sometime firm but some time spongy, and abs obviously still activated for no reason, what better is that the abs cant be felt and the brake pedal is firm while speed higher then 50 or 60kmh.. When low speed, shitty abs still activate..

Another obvious symptom is that while high speed if i brake hard and the abs interfere, my brake is pull to driver side, even when i stop, the brake is jam in driver side front... If low speed brake when the abs keep vibrate my feet and i increase the brake pedal pressure, my driver side front tyre will lock up and skid then the other 3 wheels..... It is damn annoying...

If i remove the abs fuse, my brake is firm all the way and no brake pedal vibrate issue when low speed since no abs dy:biggrin: however the right front brake still jam....high speed i did try once but feel no massive pull to the front right just like when there is abs.... I search lot of googles and many people says abs pump solenoid got dirty and stuck, but i really cant figure out why and cant sleep till i gt the answer and problem solved( sorry i am a typical car maniac) ... My abs is fully functional before while i have nissan r32 4pot front and stock rear brake... Is it my unlucky made the master brake pump and abs pump gave up while i change to the brembo brakes? All brother have experience pls help:adore:

Forgot to say, no abs check light on

Last edited:

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
Seriously nobody can help give advice and opinion?:hmmmm:

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
Hurm, it does not jam before i replace master brake pump and new rotor :hmmmm:

---------- Post added at 11:32 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

It is sort of like just minimal jam, just slightly brake jam in front right, not like normal ppl jam brake will cause extra hot rotor till smoke coming out and rim hot like melting, mine just feel little hot and u can feel the little bit jam.... Even i driven 50km still no smoke like really over heated brake:hmmmm: kinda headache

---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

And my mech did adjust the pedal higher so when i press a bit the pedal really firm,i wonder will this be the jam problem??

And i still think will this be the root cause also??
BRAKE TECH: Brakes Pull Due To Solenoids Stuck Open | Safe BrakingSafe Braking

Furthermore the side of brake the abs pull is same side my brake jam make me more and more believe is abs pump problem

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
Little updates, diy adjust brake pedal to become deeper to the ground, no more brake jam, but brake for me feel spongy need to push more to brake, try to adjust it higher but i will get a brake jam again, repeat a few times same result and keep scratching my hand and lost my skin(i am a gozila sized person) , so i give up and i dont have the proper measurement and skill to adjust it really properly so i just leave it deep and not jam since i gonna sent to mech soon, but the driver side skid and pulling issue when hard brake still occur...

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
Sadly nope,however from mech checking it is not jaming,and it does not jam at all before i switch in new rotor,so really headache,bt now after pedal adjust no jam but still pull to driver side when sudden hard brake,undr carriage bushing all newly change and good condition somemore

Ps: ck izso,service kit for front caliper only cost around 7xx-900 ,that is the real pain,however i will do it if really no other option and confirm the seal problem

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Sadly nope,however from mech checking it is not jaming,and it does not jam at all before i switch in new rotor,so really headache,bt now after pedal adjust no jam but still pull to driver side when sudden hard brake,undr carriage bushing all newly change and good condition somemore

Ps: ck izso,service kit for front caliper only cost around 7xx-900 ,that is the real pain,however i will do it if really no other option and confirm the seal problem
Wah.. $$$$

I experienced that problem with my current car - hard braking pulled one side but slow and steady no issues. Dismantled the calipers and found one side the pistons had jammed half way because it had rusted inside on the piston itself. So had to service the whole thing and sandpaper out the rust.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
actually, easier to do is jack up the front, release handbrake and try to manually turn the wheel. A jammed caliper will not let you use hand to turn.

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
Seriously now no jam, previous jam symptom is very obvious, jam till i need to pedal more to move and the brake pedal get very hard, feel brake scream and little vibrate when driving 50km far when it get real hot, and it cant be push to move but now can after pedal adjustment.... and previously it does not jam when cool down, and after i look in the link i posted i feel it is the abs pump.... Ck izso, you can try go see the link i posted above

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

Btw, i tried to jack front up and try to rotate front wheel , it move a little and then drag by the rear wheel lol...... Forgot to real mentioned it is an lan e3

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
update, now really become rs brake, just no abs, no more pulling one side and confirm no jam and pedal get firm without jam... reason how the jam and low pedal always is that, the junior mech did not properly bleed the brake system and adjust pedal too firm made the car jam and pedal feeling so low and inconsistant, so now when brake with no abs, the brake cun dy... :biggrin:

however abs still kick in always and obviously at lower speed still occur, so need wait monday go hook up diagnostic tool to check since mech punya tool kena borrow today:banghead::banghead: tq izo and danz btw:nurse:

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
Diagnostic tool cant sense my car abs too old school maybe,then i replace whole abs pump assembly and problem still exist,rest few weeks then to day check and found this damn simple thing failed and cause this problem
20140708_140225.jpg

20140708_140212.jpg

Missing tooth on one side abs ring cause all this headache...after swap with a good cobdition recond unit,all problem are solved...:nurse:

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
How the hell did you break the tooth!!!???
too much cadbury chocolate make the gigi reput perhaps:biggrin::biggrin:

i also dont know seriously... maybe the junior mech done it while doing my brembo swap... but now the junior mech not there anymore btw...lol:biggrin:

but there are also external factor, who know i am so lucky that there are small stone cun cun strike it:idea: