Dyno Runs at Trial

Barbarian

500 RPM
Nov 10, 2004
KL
www.myjsoc.com
Rusty.... the 6speed manual celicas are way more powerful than the auto counterparts... supercharged auto is about 160-170whp.... where else supercharged manual is about 230-240whp......

even on stock form, the manual celicas are doing 30-40whp more than autos....

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
Rusty.... the 6speed manual celicas are way more powerful than the auto counterparts... supercharged auto is about 160-170whp.... where else supercharged manual is about 230-240whp......

even on stock form, the manual celicas are doing 30-40whp more than autos....
Blind me, I didn't notice that it was stated "auto". That's why I was curious about the huge difference in the result. Thanks for pointing out to me, bro Barbarian.:biggrin:

Turbo charging meaning bolt on turbo kits ?

What is PFC ?

Thanks.

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
Thanks very much for the input, guys. Appreciate it.

Sorry, I've more questions to ask. I'm not so concerned about the Hp figures; I'm more concerned about when does the turbo kicks in. I mean at what rpm ? I was hoping in the mid range & not the high end. Is that possible with a turbo ? Say, as early as 3k rpm ?

Can this be achieved with a BOT kit ?

What's the compression ratio of the 2ZZ-GE ? I believe it's quite high; wouldn't that be hindrance to boost ? Is metal gasket required for the BOT ?

Thanks.

Barbarian

500 RPM
Nov 10, 2004
KL
www.myjsoc.com
a gt2530 will spool very fast... you will probably get full boost at about 2.5k rpm... 2zzge compression is 11.5...... that is why boost on stock engine is maintain at around 0.5-06bar.... if wanna go high boost then gotta lower the compression.......

Bump: a gt2530 will spool very fast... you will probably get full boost at about 2.5k rpm... 2zzge compression is 11.5...... that is why boost on stock engine is maintain at around 0.5-06bar.... if wanna go high boost then gotta lower the compression.......

andyhor

Known Member
Mar 30, 2006
Sifu Andy,

1. Just curious about the result above; the supercharged 2ZZ only produces 160++ whp as compared to the turbo charged which produced 260++ whp ? That's a hundred Hp difference. Why such big difference between them ?

2. What is PFC ?

3. You also mentioned that e-manage is not good. Can you please elaborate more on it ?

Thanks.
Hi Rusty,
I think most of your questions is answered except for the Emange. I am not saying its no good but the problem with Toyota stock ecu is too smart for emange to control. Especially Auto Celica and Altezza. The setting done using emange tends to reset back to its original factory setting after a few days. Your best option would be HKS V-Pro but the price is sooooo damn high now, next would be Apexi Power FC (PFC) which is cheaper the HKS but stock in the market now is very low cause in Japan, it is rumored that Apexi Japan intends to stop production. For Auto Toyota you will need to get the Brashboy Power FC which is modified by Brashboy to run on Auto Altezza and Celica. But the down side is that the price will be very high now. The last time i checked with Brashboy, after conversion it will come to more than Rm8k. Hope i have answered your question.

andy

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
a gt2530 will spool very fast... you will probably get full boost at about 2.5k rpm... 2zzge compression is 11.5...... that is why boost on stock engine is maintain at around 0.5-06bar.... if wanna go high boost then gotta lower the compression.......

Bump: a gt2530 will spool very fast... you will probably get full boost at about 2.5k rpm... 2zzge compression is 11.5...... that is why boost on stock engine is maintain at around 0.5-06bar.... if wanna go high boost then gotta lower the compression.......
Wow, full boost by 2.5k rpm ? That's what I'm looking for. Is this GT2530 turbine from HKS ? How much does it cost ?

I'm asking about the compression ratio coz mine's running 11:1 too. So if the 2ZZ is running at 11.5 have no issues with the boost, then it should work on mine too. I'm contended with 0.5/6 bar boost. So meaning no metal gasket is required to accommodate the o.5/6 bar of boost; did I get that right ?

Thanks, Barb.

Hi Rusty,
I think most of your questions is answered except for the Emange. I am not saying its no good but the problem with Toyota stock ecu is too smart for emange to control. Especially Auto Celica and Altezza. The setting done using emange tends to reset back to its original factory setting after a few days. Your best option would be HKS V-Pro but the price is sooooo damn high now, next would be Apexi Power FC (PFC) which is cheaper the HKS but stock in the market now is very low cause in Japan, it is rumored that Apexi Japan intends to stop production. For Auto Toyota you will need to get the Brashboy Power FC which is modified by Brashboy to run on Auto Altezza and Celica. But the down side is that the price will be very high now. The last time i checked with Brashboy, after conversion it will come to more than Rm8k. Hope i have answered your question.

andy
I've heard of this problem you mentioned with the e-manage before. I don't mean to argue or anything but I'm using the blue e-manage on both my Toyota (BT & 3S-GE) for almost 8 mths now with no such issue:hmmmm:. I'm quite happy with the improvements made too.

I was eyeing the Power FC too but unfortunately, I couldn't afford it & besides, I think it's model specific & they do not have my model (for the redtop Beams 3S).

Power FC is a standalone, right ? Does it have any issues with the air-cond ? I've heard of some standalones having problems with their air-cond.

Thanks, Andy.

Thanks for being so helpful & patience with my questions, guys. You guys are :top:.

Last edited:

veilsideboyz

1,500 RPM
Oct 28, 2008
without metal gasket by using gt 25 .. i think safety boost is around 0.7 bar maximum...

Bump: without metal gasket by using gt 25 .. i think safety boost is around 0.7 bar maximum...

andyhor

Known Member
Mar 30, 2006
Wow, full boost by 2.5k rpm ? That's what I'm looking for. Is this GT2530 turbine from HKS ? How much does it cost ?

I'm asking about the compression ratio coz mine's running 11:1 too. So if the 2ZZ is running at 11.5 have no issues with the boost, then it should work on mine too. I'm contended with 0.5/6 bar boost. So meaning no metal gasket is required to accommodate the o.5/6 bar of boost; did I get that right ?

Thanks, Barb.

I've heard of this problem you mentioned with the e-manage before. I don't mean to argue or anything but I'm using the blue e-manage on both my Toyota (BT & 3S-GE) for almost 8 mths now with no such issue:hmmmm:. I'm quite happy with the improvements made too.

I was eyeing the Power FC too but unfortunately, I couldn't afford it & besides, I think it's model specific & they do not have my model (for the redtop Beams 3S).

Power FC is a standalone, right ? Does it have any issues with the air-cond ? I've heard of some standalones having problems with their air-cond.

Thanks, Andy.

Thanks for being so helpful & patience with my questions, guys. You guys are :top:.
The problem with Emanage seems to only infect Auto 7th Generation Celica the most. Other older generations toyota seems to be ok. Power FC is a standalone ECU correct but the Brashboy PFC still needs the stock toyota ecu to control the gear changes for Auto Celica. I have been using the Brashboy PFC for more than a year now, so far no problems with my aircond.

Andy

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
without metal gasket by using gt 25 .. i think safety boost is around 0.7 bar maximum...

Bump: without metal gasket by using gt 25 .. i think safety boost is around 0.7 bar maximum...
Thanks for the info, bro.:biggrin:

Bump:

Thanks for the info, bro.:biggrin:

Barbarian

500 RPM
Nov 10, 2004
KL
www.myjsoc.com
Rusty, I'm not familar with your engine, but a gt2510 will run out of breath at high rpm, gt2530 will be better suit.... one of this is the HKS turbo built by garrett.... the other is a Syivia's turbo....

emanage works by altering the parameters to the stock ecu... if done properly, it will work like charm... the problem is, if it's altered out of the acceptable parameters set in the stock ecu, then the ecu will make changes to counter it... it gets it's signal from MAF, O2, knock sensors etc..... so if you run it too rich/lean in open circuit, then counter measures such as adding/substracting fuel and ignition timming will take place and hence 'revert' back to stock setting...... but, in close circuit, the ecu will have no feedback from the O2 sensor and will not counter your tuning.... so the key is not to tune it out of the acceptable tolerence in open circuit....

Power FC is almost like stock ecu when it comes to electronic controls.... some minor differences only.... main thing that I noticed=radiator fan kicks in at full blast at 94 degree instead of stock setting of 97. no auto timming retard vs knocking. no counter measures if something goes awry..... it basically does what you tell it to do...... so it's all in the tuning....

kelisa6009

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 20, 2003
Penang Kia
Bro...can u give me your full address...my fren cannot find your shop although i send the map to him...

andyhor

Known Member
Mar 30, 2006
Bro...can u give me your full address...my fren cannot find your shop although i send the map to him...
No problem,

Trial Dyno Works
No.8 Jalan 2/108C, Taman Sungai Besi
57100 Kuala Lumpur
Tel 03-7981-9992 or 017-373-9861

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

I'm wondering whether my car to be overhauled or not. The milleage is around 250000km. There's no anykind of white smoke , but the problem is now after a hard drive or long drive the engine seems to be rough and noisy abit, and now I'm thinking maybe it needs an overhaul since the engine is nearly 20years , pls advise on this guys, is it worth it or spend the money somewhere else
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience