dynamat extreme

kevyeoh

Known Member
Nov 15, 2004
you can try getting it from boeytan... he's from mainland penang...

garry86 said:
how many pierces of dynamat needed for satria?...where can i get it in penang

Bert

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Muddy Delta
Visit site
Dique,

Normally depends on what you are using for.. I presume u mean for the door. The best is 1 layer for the metal and 1 for the plastic panel but that aint so cheap... need at least 2 layers for the door.

Normally you stick aroudn the speaker area and directly behind the speaker area. Any elftovers you stick at the metal and the panel to make it resonate less.

Garry,

For Satria Doors, as its bigger than a Wira's... you will need about 1.5 pieces of DE if you are going to stick on the whole metal piece.

william

Jul 5, 2005
KL
sound proof

hi there,
i have soundproofed my 8 year old proton iswara just recently. Front doors were soundproofed with brown colour insulation material (not sure what the name is but this cost me RM350) whereas Wurth were applied to two rear doors and also the trunk.

now everything seems okay, but the problem is, it seems to be considerably less resistant to external noise coming from the engine compartment and i think i will need to keep the engine noise levels down to enjoy a pleasant driving experience. What might be good simple ways to reduce the engine noise? Have you got an idea?

Bert

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Muddy Delta
Visit site
Garry,

I dunno any shops in PG that carry it but try the larger shops and see.

William.
That should be deadspan.. brown, kinda thin material izzit? For engine nise, get soem wurth and paste it under the dash behind the pedals and go up as far as you can. Put some insulflex around the steerign column and any holes you can see.

vincenz

Jun 3, 2005
Penang
garry86 said:
okie...dat means i need 3 pieces for my satria door...!any retail shops in penang?...

garry,

there's a shop in Butterworth selling Dynamat Extreme, 4/5 pieces(forget exact figure) per box.

They're newly opened shop - ICE -

you can drop by have a look. RM450-500 for 4 doors using above mentioned. It included labour charges as well with that price.

That's what i bargained during my last visit there but i did not go for it, coz going to KL to do it ! :)

garry86

Known Member
Jul 9, 2005
penang
ok...thx....abit pricy..but nvm lah..thx for the info...eh my satria have 2 door nia wor....

william

Jul 5, 2005
KL
that brown material is thin but a very heavy thingy. Now my doors are like luxury car's doors, when closing the front doors, a solid sound is heard. Thanks for the info..may i know where can i get insulflex and how does it look like?

Bert

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Muddy Delta
Visit site
Insulflex is a black dense spongy foam material.. used to wrap aircond ducts mainly :)

Ninja_iga has some Superlon which is about the same thign just diff brand.

Dique

1,000 RPM
Sep 1, 2004
home
wat da price for dynamat normal for 2 front doors? and compare to dynamat extream?
becoz my car can sing also w/o speaker!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

'(00): Is it really the end for cheap and rare imported used parts? The Government has finally decided to gradually phase-out certain components namely, brake pads, tyres, batteries and so on, before moving on to more critical items...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience