DVD or TV Screen Fitted On Our Rides

Car TV Screens dangerous enough to be banned?

• No - There are other priorities

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes - It's getting out of hand

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

stepwyew

Known Member
Feb 10, 2006
Sunday February 6, 2011
JPJ to look into vehicles with TV screens

BUTTERWORTH: The Road Transport Department is looking into the possibility of amending the Road Transport Act to fine motorists who fix television screens and DVD players in their vehicles.

State Road Transport Department (JPJ) director Datuk Hassan Yaacob said an amendment could be made under Section 66 of the Road Transport Act 1987 for making vehicle alterations without permission.

“It is illegal and dangerous to fix these accessories. A driver can easily get distracted and it may result in accidents,’’ he said.

Hassan said enforcement teams would check if vehicles had complied with approved specifications.

“Those with xenon headlights will be fined RM300 while vehicles with fancy number plates will be fined RM120.

“In the end, they waste money by paying thrice – fixing the parts, paying the fine and paying again to remove them,” he said.

Hassan was commenting on the increasing number of motorists fixing televisions and DVD player sets in their vehicles.

On vehicles that are factory fitted with DVD players and GPS navigators, he said the department would have to look into it.

orix203

Nov 10, 2008
this is all bullshit.another stupid excuse to make Malaysian people suffer,no wonder Malaysian cant go far in automotive industry.I wonder,who check JPJ's?

artworkz

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
JB
sum bastard with high lamp on nite along the road is more dangerous then hid.

ShamBlur

Known Member
Jan 1, 2006
hahahahaha... if already factory fitted accesories , it is still morally illegal for rtd or any gov agency to fine us for having it as we pay TAX on the vehicle already... and we all know how much that costs us already...

still waiting for a cheaper foreign car.. sigh..

Dhaya

Nov 17, 2006
Klang, Selangor
waiting for a cheaper foreign car in malaysia is like waiting for it to snow in kl. it takes a massive miracle to make it happen. ha ha ha.

VectorX2

Known Member
Aug 23, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
this is just a stupid ruling! come on! they should let people install it as long its safe just like the xenon lamp issue... if its not harming anybody on the road why not? the tv there or not the driver would get distracted anyway... its the the attitude of the driver that matters most...

jpj should enforce something what is singapore rtd is doing, by requiring certain type of modifications to be inspected and approved by rtd first.

to me automobile lcd screen is more useful that just for entertainment purposes and xenon lights lights up the road better if configured correcttly, they should not be banned

ShamBlur

Known Member
Jan 1, 2006
anything can happen bro... takes massive votes to make anything possible ... i don't mind paying rm2.90 for petrol if can get cheap foreign car.. if ron 95 price go up ... we should ask for cheap foreign car (better fuel efficient engine right)... after 5 years can dispose(like japan ) and try another foreign brand.. not being unpatriotic here.. just that i've seen new protons go kaput in front of me....one particular car was a persona new one with plastic still covering the back seat... one of its rear tyre has gone sideways middle of usj 3 --no sign of accident no nothing .. persona is a fwd rite so that should not have happened...

alantjw

1,500 RPM
Mar 26, 2008
samore i tot Xenon below 4300 is legal... =.=

superfire

Oct 17, 2007
Out of how many accident cars that have in car entertaiment? i don't think these accessories will effect the drivers. I do not understand wat is wrong with having fancy number plate...

ShamBlur

Known Member
Jan 1, 2006
so many accesories available but cannot use...what for people buy? i agree with vector x2.. so many DARK roads in malaysia but no money to buy car factory fitted with xenon hlights ..
our accidents rate is legendary haahaahaha.. i wonder if it is the driver's SOLE fault?

{jpj should enforce something what is singapore rtd is doing, by requiring certain type of modifications to be inspected and approved by rtd first.} i agree with vector's statement.. people sometime if already buy the accessories of course wanna use it... or if already installed just use it... you paid already rite... so what our rtd should do is help to regulate the modifications done.. not banned it totally... not very productive n wasting people's money TWICE ..

zenom

Known Member
Dec 17, 2006
if that so , just ban the new 7 series F01/F02 . three screen as standard (or optional who effin care , they would tick all 3), now JPJ , whats up ? lol

the rule is gettin ridiclous

jdm 19

Known Member
Jan 11, 2011
SHAH ALAM
this is all bullshit.another stupid excuse to make Malaysian people suffer,no wonder Malaysian cant go far in automotive industry.I wonder,who check JPJ's?
I agree with you.this is all bullshit!xenon lights are not so bright like h.i.d.fancy plate?why cannot?as long as it can be read.how about dark tinted?they make this rules but they don't 'saman' the people who install dark tinted.

ruffyongcs

Oct 31, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
our govt are ridiculous, no point screwing up and down. just because our country's automotive team cant make something like foreign car's. they'll find a reason to ban it. xenon lights, dvd accessories are all fine objects and xenon dont hurt consumers eyes but HID DOES ! so i find it pointless to argue to our govt. not to offence our govt, but its true.

subsevend

Known Member
Apr 22, 2009
:driver:one of the laws that does not make sense.next they will ban sport rim i think.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi

Please refer to the photo, there are marking/wave under the car paint.
I am not sure what caused them.
Went for car polish in car wash, they said they are unable to remove it.
Anyone know how can I remove the marking? or need to repaint it?
thanks!

Note:
I tried my very best to take photo, but its a bit hard as the wave isn't that obvious.

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience