Dual Clutch Rebuilt or Replace Clutch Assembly

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Just chat with my mech, he did clutch replacement on Ford Fiesta and VW GTi. Can do it for you, provided you buy the parts.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
There's this saying among the VW guys, if you don't thrash your DCT once in awhile then you are not taking care of it. Just like the ol reliable way of cleaning up carbon deposits, the Italian Tune up.
Very familiar quote, my friend having a jetta, tracks it often till now no issue with the gb. Bro. Izso drove that car before....lol

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Just chat with my mech, he did clutch replacement on Ford Fiesta and VW GTi. Can do it for you, provided you buy the parts.
You meant i buy my own parts and have him replaced it ?

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
There's this saying among the VW guys, if you don't thrash your DCT once in awhile then you are not taking care of it. Just like the ol reliable way of cleaning up carbon deposits, the Italian Tune up.

There's this workshop at TTDI, KL area that deals only Volvo but I'm not quite sure if they do anything related with the powershift. However, there's this workshop that deals with Ford Powershift and is pretty popular among the Ford guys called Bengkel Excellent Auto. You may want to give them a ring to ask bout the Volvo's powershift. I believe its similar with the Ford Focus 2.0TDCI and Ford Mondeo Ecoboost Powershift.
Hi,

I contacted this Bengkel Excellent Auto before, one minute their FB reply said can do and the other minute reply said only service Ford vehicles. So am not sure which is which.

Thanks,
Ken

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Now i ran into an new issue, oil seepage detected near oil pan, bell housing area. Dismantle the oil pan to repair the leak as there's bubble foaming out from the oil pan, with some good gasket gum, we stopped majority of the leak. Mechanic said most likely is the rear main seal is leaking but what we found out the flywheel is dry and clean with no visible oil leakage. Where could the leak coming from if its not the rear main seal? I don't want the mechanic to dismantle my gearbox just to look for small seep.

Thanks,
Ken

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
You meant i buy my own parts and have him replaced it ?
Yup. I like him cause he just charge workmanship. You get your own parts so you know exactly what is going into your car.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Yup. I like him cause he just charge workmanship. You get your own parts so you know exactly what is going into your car.
Well risk of buying my own, WRONG parts. Perhaps if he can help in verify parts then i will dare to do so. There are so many suppliers with lots of prices in the market.

Where is he located btw ?

Thanks,
Ken

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Well risk of buying my own, WRONG parts. Perhaps if he can help in verify parts then i will dare to do so. There are so many suppliers with lots of prices in the market.

Thanks,
Ken
Exactly. Many times I wait at my mechanics place for repairs. When they order parts, the parts gets delivered, but some parts got small slight variants and cannot fit, then he calls and return to get the right parts. Imagine if we buy, gone case cannot return. I only buy parts that I know, that is why sometimes I keep track of the parts used then in future I know the right parts.....lol

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Exactly. Many times I wait at my mechanics place for repairs. When they order parts, the parts gets delivered, but some parts got small slight variants and cannot fit, then he calls and return to get the right parts. Imagine if we buy, gone case cannot return. I only buy parts that I know, that is why sometimes I keep track of the parts used then in future I know the right parts.....lol
Eh...people like u must be well known at your regular spare part shop right?
Can change within period which is usually 2-3 days.

Which is why i will plan repair and buy the parts as late as possible. Got times exceed the 2 days but for small cheap parts so i just open the store door and throw it in the misc parts box.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

Thanks,
Ken
Uhm if you go to Volvo stockist, doubt they do sohai kua. If they give wrong parts they need to eat it back la.

He’s based in Sungai Buloh

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Eh...people like u must be well known at your regular spare part shop right?
Can change within period which is usually 2-3 days.

Which is why i will plan repair and buy the parts as late as possible. Got times exceed the 2 days but for small cheap parts so i just open the store door and throw it in the misc parts box.
If while fixing need to return to get the right parts, very troublesome already........lol

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Now i ran into an new issue, oil seepage detected near oil pan, bell housing area. Dismantle the oil pan to repair the leak as there's bubble foaming out from the oil pan, with some good gasket gum, we stopped majority of the leak. Mechanic said most likely is the rear main seal is leaking but what we found out the flywheel is dry and clean with no visible oil leakage. Where could the leak coming from if its not the rear main seal? I don't want the mechanic to dismantle my gearbox just to look for small seep.

Thanks,
Ken
Guys i found the issue, its seeping out from the rear main seal, rather than leak. The car porch of mine is still clean and i am gonna ignore this issue until i see oil stain.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just to share information among ZTH's DIY faithfuls...

Did you know dat if u attach a magnet to your oil filter it will benefit your car in the long run?

This is how it works... put a decent strong magnet to the oil filter.. not too strong not too weak... it will eventually attract all small particals of metal to it and it will not be recyled back to the engine.

It will collect magnetic particles and then they get thrown out when you change the oil filter.

Some of the material that is...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience