Driving the 20v

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
For those with newly acquired 20v, please try to understand the engine's strengths and weakness first before you redline it. Make sure the engine is in perfect condition, lubricants, cooling, plugs, fueling and etc are all within specification, if not better. As you may know, the engine is rather in its old age (almost 15yrs or more) and its reliability drops down the years.
Do all the necessary mechanical and electrical checkups first beforehand as the smallest fault could cause in a catastrophic failure.
Also, filler her up with ron97 or better if you plan to redline it as the 20v is very sensitive to petrol ron rating.
Otherwise, welcome to the club!
the master has spoken :adore:

sbirdz

1,500 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
S.Kembangan
sbirdz_jackals.blogs.friendster.com
too long never kacau thread.. :) loves when coming back to forum once a while..

20v hahaha!! wanna rev till that high also... for whut. :) there will be still others chasing ur back like nuts... :) ever being chase by MYVI at your rear when u are doing 200kmph... and u need to top up another 20kmph extra just to lose them.. and best thing, if u slow down, they will return. ^-^ end up sangkut at tree or parking at longkang.. hahaha!!

and btw ini Prem case is different, coz his is LE + 20valve.. that is pocket rocket! *cabut lari*

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
IMHO... what's the point of rev at the limit, when your engine is stock?
overall 20V will lost its torque after 6-6.5K rpm...
even for built up engine with 272cams... you will lost it at 7K...

this should be the best shifting point, especially for gear 1 2 3...
for other gears then okay, coz at this point you need power(hp) instead of torque...:hmmmm:

Rev limit is for 'not blowing your engine'.. high rev will cause a lot of wear & tear

Torque is use for 'moving stagnant weight'.. that's why lorry got a lot of torque.. they're heavy

Horsepower is for 'how much speed'..

:driver:

meg_omen

Known Member
Oct 28, 2004
Home - Klang; O
Visit site
Rev limit is for 'not blowing your engine'.. high rev will cause a lot of wear & tear

Torque is use for 'moving stagnant weight'.. that's why lorry got a lot of torque.. they're heavy

good explanation...
hopefully will help the newbies...

do learn to google... M'sia is not the only nation with 20V...:burnout:

jimmyae101

1,000 RPM
Dec 7, 2005
medan indonesia
hahaha..!total agreed bro.sometime high rev /loud exhaust pipe no mean ur car is powerful like my stupid neighbour small boy with his wira 1.3 stock engine just change exhaust pipe 3 inch,sport rim and very loud rear speaker box.every time he get in car,sure open loud music disco,then rev his car to high for few minute...walau...hate to hear his car sound.then every night when he back from work..from far,i already hear his car noise but d car yet arrive.hehehe...:stupid:

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
hahaha..!total agreed bro.sometime high rev /loud exhaust pipe no mean ur car is powerful like my stupid neighbour small boy with his wira 1.3 stock engine just change exhaust pipe 3 inch,sport rim and very loud rear speaker box.every time he get in car,sure open loud music disco,then rev his car to high for few minute...walau...hate to hear his car sound.then every night when he back from work..from far,i already hear his car noise but d car yet arrive.hehehe...:stupid:
hehehe.. sumbat his exhaust pipe with a potato or banana... sure xleh start punya :biggrin:

Thousandten

Known Member
Aug 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
try to got racing cam make more power on it ....try kelford cam
int 288 lift 10 exh 288 lift 10 race type /top end
or
int 284 lift 9.35 /exh 284 lift 9.30 mid lift and top end

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
I think redlining often is okay... Only that certain maintenance will have to be done sooner. 4AGE is a very robust engine. I have read that race spec 16V ones can run redline for 30 minutes or so...

But... bro... What for redline so long? Redline only to accelerate to the speed you want, then ease off with a high gear lo... Ok ma... I do that always with my 4AFE only... I think how often you redline is not a big issue but the duration is. And also, fill it up with RON 97 and lubricate her sufficiantly if you want to trash her often like that.

jimmyae101

1,000 RPM
Dec 7, 2005
medan indonesia
yes,no problem as long as u service on time,check oil level ok.petrol ron 97 lo...if pump ron95 u can feel rev cut on 5000 rpm too,maybe petrol ron95 no enof good for our bt 20 v engine :driver:

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
too long never kacau thread.. :) loves when coming back to forum once a while..

20v hahaha!! wanna rev till that high also... for whut. :) there will be still others chasing ur back like nuts... :) ever being chase by MYVI at your rear when u are doing 200kmph... and u need to top up another 20kmph extra just to lose them.. and best thing, if u slow down, they will return. ^-^ end up sangkut at tree or parking at longkang.. hahaha!!

and btw ini Prem case is different, coz his is LE + 20valve.. that is pocket rocket! *cabut lari*
MYVI, Saga BLM and all k-car is in different class/category.. cannot compare with 20v

Turun Sepang la.. baru cerita..

hohoho :driver:

iamiceman

Known Member
Oct 25, 2006
Puchong
www.icemancollection.com

That's good explanation in layman term. Makes more sense than all those physics theory

n0th1n

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
japan
junk-dealer.blogspot.com
sepang? anybody mentioned the magic words?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi....all sifu......i m juz planing to buy waja convert to gsr.....but heard some owner say that after convert..... the fuel meter is not accurate...it that the gsr pump problem not suitable for the waja tank or wat????if want dun want to change the fuel tank to 4wd tank....wat can i do to accurate the meter???
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience