Driveshaft rebuild shop

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Guys,
Anyone know where i can get my driveshaft rebuild?

My waja RH driveshaft is worn out and i have replaced it with aftermarket brand but it vibrates..I claim warranty and the replacement shaft still vibrate but only slightly. The shop did warn me earlier to go for original replacement but its way to expensive for a driveshaft at 600++. They said they have similar customer feedback on aftermarket shaft for 1.8 model. Aftermarket brand is 200++.
below is the pic of my driveshaft..the outer part is similar with most driveshaft but the inner rubber boot design is kinds different.

I dont want to spend so much on this car. i know it can be rebuild but i dont know where. pls someone guide me.
IMG-20200522-WA0106.jpg

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Guys,
Anyone know where i can get my driveshaft rebuild?

My waja RH driveshaft is worn out and i have replaced it with aftermarket brand but it vibrates..I claim warranty and the replacement shaft still vibrate but only slightly. The shop did warn me earlier to go for original replacement but its way to expensive for a driveshaft at 600++. They said they have similar customer feedback on aftermarket shaft for 1.8 model. Aftermarket brand is 200++.
below is the pic of my driveshaft..the outer part is similar with most driveshaft but the inner rubber boot design is kinds different.

I dont want to spend so much on this car. i know it can be rebuild but i dont know where. pls someone guide me.
Those days can replace only the CV joint, cannot find them anymore?

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
setapak got one popular driveshaft rebuild place, i just cannot recall whats the name

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
if you can't get a recommendation for your area,
Btw, drive shaft repair is just disassemble, spot weld sikit gosok gosok sahaja. Dont expect miracle
agreed, it's crude but pretty much how the engineering shops recon the clicking cv joint, just by adding metal

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Thanks for the replies.
Confirmed its the driveshaft. cars vibrates violently when accelerating between 90kmh to 110kmh. I changed it once last week but it vibrates in a different manner. Removed the shaft and discover that the new shaft is longer by almost an inch ( silly me for not checking the length before installing ). The shop change to another unit. This time it vibrate a lot less but its still there. Shop did mentioned they will refund if problem still there.

BTW i am in Melaka.

I tot driveshaft rebuild is that they change whatever moving components in the joints?

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
Maybe finding a used driveshaft from a chop shop is better? Waja driveshaft is abundant I think, and chop shop also have warranty.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Maybe finding a used driveshaft from a chop shop is better? Waja driveshaft is abundant I think, and chop shop also have warranty.
Hmmm..never tought of that as mine is 1.8 Renault model and very2 difficult to find parts. I will try few chop shop...i know one specific shop that chop a 1.8 model 1-2 years ago.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey i was wonderin wat type of mod's shuld i get for my toyota pickup...its really hard to find parts for this car the only things i can like find is intake...exhaust...headers...manifold....spark plugs/wires...and thats it i was wanting to kno wat else i can get to make my 4 banger go a lil faster? :turtle:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience