Drivers please aware...Robbers using egg technique to commit crime on high ways

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
You don't have to do a warning shot.

A verbal warning is sufficient. If the guy ignores the verbal challenge and continues to advance towards you with intention to assault, you are legally justified to use force as self-defence.

Movies and Hollywood are a lousy source of procedure. In most movies, stuff are dramatized and the methods in them can get you killed.

I went through a firearms course in Australia and you generally do not fire unless you are sure of your target. That is why you don't normally fire warning shots because you don't know where your bullet will be heading. The other reason is if you are using a low capacity firearm, such as a revolver, you only have six shots (and possible multiple assailants). You cannot afford to piss it all away on warning shots.

If you are in a situation where you have to fire, it means you are already at the point where deadly force becomes necessary. Otherwise, you do not fire. If you have to shoot, you aim for body centre mass (upper chest to the solar plexus area). That's the largest target where most of the vital organs are concentrated. And you fire until your target is down and out of the fight. You don't shoot an arm or a leg simply because these are not vital organs and are not guarantee to stop your target.

Headshots are difficult. Anyone who has actually gone through a firearms course will be able to tell you how small a target the head can be. It is difficult enough to do headshots on a paper target at a firing range. Add in all the stress, fear and adrenaline in an actual life and death situation with a moving target and it becomes almost impossible for most people to get off reliable headshot.

P

prolog

you cant just shoot people. must shoot warning shot first. i always see it the movie, guess it is the same... but why 2 warning shoot?
bullshit

he can shoot as long as he's a police..

For example,when someone is robbing a jewelry shop by force, you are not going to fire warning shots.. you are immediately going to shoot right in their foreheads..

the same case here..
it's an armed robbery..

It's not about self-defense. it's about the responsibility of a police not to let those guys commit the same thing to other people..

But i doubt he's a real police.. maybe just close friend of a police who surprisingly happened to own a gun..

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
Maybe the best solution for these are :-

1. Not to drive late night, everywhere. But if terpaksa, then have to la.
2. To drive on the fast lane on late night on hway. Hopefully at this lane, ther
won't be any small bike will follow.
3. Always drive exceed speed limit during late night driving..but not too fast lor!

I've experienced a different case and threat, while i was travelling late night (around 1100pm) frequently from KL-Kedah via NKVE few years back.

What happened was, the tow-truck operators puts some bottle or can drink on the fast lane. I suppose they don't bother to put it on the slow lane cause it's a heavy vehicle lane and due to it's big & wide tyre for sure it can't effect much, compared to our car tyre. Luckily i managed to eccaped few spots..most of it around Taiping area, cuase it's straight road.

Another thing is I noticed that some idiots on the few overhead bridge threw a fire-cracker along the hway at night.

On the other hand, I didn't notice any threat travelling at night from JB-KL.

Be more careful guys.!

Reborn

Known Member
Nov 4, 2007
Maybe the best solution for these are :-

1. Not to drive late night, everywhere. But if terpaksa, then have to la.
2. To drive on the fast lane on late night on hway. Hopefully at this lane, ther
won't be any small bike will follow.
3. Always drive exceed speed limit during late night driving..but not too fast lor!

I've experienced a different case and threat, while i was travelling late night (around 1100pm) frequently from KL-Kedah via NKVE few years back.

What happened was, the tow-truck operators puts some bottle or can drink on the fast lane. I suppose they don't bother to put it on the slow lane cause it's a heavy vehicle lane and due to it's big & wide tyre for sure it can't effect much, compared to our car tyre. Luckily i managed to eccaped few spots..most of it around Taiping area, cuase it's straight road.

Another thing is I noticed that some idiots on the few overhead bridge threw a fire-cracker along the hway at night.

On the other hand, I didn't notice any threat travelling at night from JB-KL.

Be more careful guys.!
Yep agree with that. If really need to travel during late night better stick with right lane with proper speed limit like 110kmh. Normally motorcyclist except superbikes wont simply cruse on right lane but if they do tailgating behind you with the similiar pace as yours during clear highway, try accelerate more and keep to left lane see wheter they still maintaining on right lane and if they followed to left as well, full throttle to the nearest petrol station or anyplace got poeple stop by. Exit from the highway might give them opportunity to make business on traffic junction.

As long we are in crowded area, robbers might not brave enough to touch their target infront a bunch of eye witness.

Unless they know u are carrying rm1 mil cash :thefinger:

By the way a baseball steering lock might become handy if traveling at late night. Its legal and also can use as self defend. One shot arrow two sh*ts down.

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
bullshit

he can shoot as long as he's a police..

For example,when someone is robbing a jewelry shop by force, you are not going to fire warning shots.. you are immediately going to shoot right in their foreheads..

the same case here..
it's an armed robbery..

It's not about self-defense. it's about the responsibility of a police not to let those guys commit the same thing to other people..

But i doubt he's a real police.. maybe just close friend of a police who surprisingly happened to own a gun..

Actually, the police are not entitled to simply escalate to the use of deadly force in all situations. It depends whether the level of force used is reasonable under the circumstances. All police shootings will come up before a review board to determine this.

Obviously if a cop is about to be assaulted by you, he can shoot you if you ignore his verbal warning to comply. And that is the same for any armed citizen. It's self-defence. Applies equally to cops as much as to any law-abiding citizen. Cops however have a wider power not only to self-defence and arrest, they can also pre-empt. So, just like the example you quoted, if you rob a bank and start running away when a cop orders you to stop. The cop is entitled to put a bullet in your back even if you do not pose a direct threat to him because he was carrying out his course of duty to prevent crime and also justified owing to the seriousness of the offence. As to whether an armed citizen have the same right to shoot a fleeing robber in the back if they happen to stumble across a robbery.....things are not as clear. Contrary to what most people tend to think, armed citizens and general citizens have no 'law enforcement' status. You are limited purely to self-defence and if you are not under direct threat, it's debatable if you are allowed to shoot a fleeing robber in the back. Still, that will not prevent you coming to the aid of others.....the only vague part is, if you are not with law enforcement, whether you are entitled under law to shoot fleeing felons, who do not pose a direct, immediate threat.

hoxy

Known Member
Oct 8, 2007
Actually, the police are not entitled to simply escalate to the use of deadly force in all situations. It depends whether the level of force used is reasonable under the circumstances. All police shootings will come up before a review board to determine this.

Obviously if a cop is about to be assaulted by you, he can shoot you if you ignore his verbal warning to comply. And that is the same for any armed citizen. It's self-defence. Applies equally to cops as much as to any law-abiding citizen. Cops however have a wider power not only to self-defence and arrest, they can also pre-empt. So, just like the example you quoted, if you rob a bank and start running away when a cop orders you to stop. The cop is entitled to put a bullet in your back even if you do not pose a direct threat to him because he was carrying out his course of duty to prevent crime and also justified owing to the seriousness of the offence. As to whether an armed citizen have the same right to shoot a fleeing robber in the back if they happen to stumble across a robbery.....things are not as clear. Contrary to what most people tend to think, armed citizens and general citizens have no 'law enforcement' status. You are limited purely to self-defence and if you are not under direct threat, it's debatable if you are allowed to shoot a fleeing robber in the back. Still, that will not prevent you coming to the aid of others.....the only vague part is, if you are not with law enforcement, whether you are entitled under law to shoot fleeing felons, who do not pose a direct, immediate threat.
waaa... you are so knowledgeble about this topic. wonder are you in law enforcement or not? why you go to australia for firearm training? a bodyguard? i have to agree with you that warning shot is dangerous... you dont know where the bullet going to end up... but then again, to shot two bullet (no warning shot, shot to hit)... and end up not hitting... what a waste of bullet and letting go of criminal who will definitely going to commit crime yet again.

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
By the way a baseball steering lock might become handy if traveling at late night. Its legal and also can use as self defend. One shot arrow two sh*ts down.
There is still a question of whether you dare to use the baseball bat steering lock or not. If I bring a live dog or cat, and give you a baseball bat, would you dare to whack the dog or cat till it faints or till it can hardly move? Saying it may be easy but when it comes to the real situations, it's a whole new story. Just thought I'd share this with you. :)

hoxy

Known Member
Oct 8, 2007
There is still a question of whether you dare to use the baseball bat steering lock or not. If I bring a live dog or cat, and give you a baseball bat, would you dare to whack the dog or cat till it faints or till it can hardly move? Saying it may be easy but when it comes to the real situations, it's a whole new story. Just thought I'd share this with you. :)
People trapped and in fear can do things that they really cant imagine, even to hurt or kill just to survive or be safe... just like in the movies, hehe

m@ttz

1,500 RPM
May 7, 2006
klang
as i known police allowed motorcyclist not to use motorcycle lane at night, but kesas onli la coz many rob incidence happen b4, but dis damn person using car lane to start a rob ehh.. if i was the guy driving, i'll hit the motorcycle n go, damn stupid make my car dirty, hahaha..

hmm.. dat guy's gun legal or illegal one??

Reborn

Known Member
Nov 4, 2007
Thanks for the sharing bro :) you might have a point there but to me actually is not the matter of being dare or not dare. Instead, it is the way that how people use to handle in certain circumstances.

For instance, i sure wouldn't use my baseball steering lock to defend if a stranger already managed to get inside my car without my notice and pointing a knife on my neck. In that case maybe only two consequences would happened if using it to defend, either will scare away the theft or might end up by getting hurt or killed.

Well, my opinion for having a baseball steering lock in our cars is may help us to delay car theft who tend to steel our cars, also may able to prevent something bad before happened on us.

Sure to me i will use it to defend if encounter a street dog that attempting to start attack on me after i parked my car and i dare to whack it if necessary. Not to mention to hit the dog till faint but just a reminder that i'm prepared to join the party if it willing to start. Street dogs are smart as well and they can sense whether you are prepared to join the party if something like weapon holding in your hands. Well unless facing a pack instead of one, better get back inside car.

Steering lock will become handy as well if i noticed from my rear mirror that a motorcyclist snatch somebody or auntie's purse. I also woundn't hesitate to give a welcome swing if they pass by from driver side. Worst case scenario i might sacrifice my front door by letting it having a collision if somebody were drag along by the snatch thief. Dont be offence but i felt like those snatch thief are deserved to die either accidently or not by dragging victim along on the road while steeling people's belonging :mad:

Well all in all i just sharing my 0.01 sen only regarding how i thought about having a baseball steering lock in our cars and certainly i always put on my pasengger seat if i were alone in my car. Just as same as my cousin did.

Peace:burnout:

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
bt d thing is, he let dem robbers go, when d 'cop' cud hav jst shot dem n put dem in d ground..... he let dem go!!!!!!!!! n den they might rob others.....

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
waaa... you are so knowledgeble about this topic. wonder are you in law enforcement or not? why you go to australia for firearm training? a bodyguard?
I'm not in law enforcement. I lived for a long time in Australia and competed in firearms competition over there. Australia used to have very liberal gun laws, so owning firearms and taking it up as a sport (hunting and competition) was not a problem. I had to give away my guns when I returned to Malaysia.

hoxy

Known Member
Oct 8, 2007
Steering lock will become handy as well if i noticed from my rear mirror that a motorcyclist snatch somebody or auntie's purse. I also woundn't hesitate to give a welcome swing if they pass by from driver side. Worst case scenario i might sacrifice my front door by letting it having a collision if somebody were drag along by the snatch thief. Dont be offence but i felt like those snatch thief are deserved to die either accidently or not by dragging victim along on the road while steeling people's belonging :mad:

Well all in all i just sharing my 0.01 sen only regarding how i thought about having a baseball steering lock in our cars and certainly i always put on my pasengger seat if i were alone in my car. Just as same as my cousin did.

Peace:burnout:
hehe... imagine you are driving, window is up, you see a motorcyclist snatch somebody bag... then you going to turn down the window, search for bat, strecth ur hand outside, swing, tht is lot of process involved, lol

Reborn

Known Member
Nov 4, 2007
hehe... imagine you are driving, window is up, you see a motorcyclist snatch somebody bag... then you going to turn down the window, search for bat, strecth ur hand outside, swing, tht is lot of process involved, lol
My bat always locate on my front passenger seat (no choice because i prefer to put my laptop bag under in front of my passenger seat and putting my bat on passenger seat has became my habbit if i bring no passenger) 24hours on call:biggrin: 2 step only 1st turn down power window following up is welcome swing with my right hand. Or worst case scenario, sacrifice my front driver door which just open it and let the motor bang!!! depends... depends... i'll sure try my best if i had a chance.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear all sifu,....

i had few question to ask...
My project are bot on turbo to 4g93 sohc engine...
I had whole set turbo kit wif 390cc...
And it was low compression piston already...

My question are....
Can my original 4g93 sohc ecu and air fuel change to 4g63 ecu and air fuel?
Witout change wiring... I mean juz plug and play ecu and air fuel...

Or changing it to gsr ecu and air fuel... Witouut wiring?

Coz i dunwan buy piggyback...
Beside...i can get ecu and airfuel...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience