Driven: The new Proton Inspira 1.8 manual

EGNINE

500 RPM
Jan 8, 2006
pls check who owned proton n perodua... perodua is a business, dis business is to sell more car n gain profit to cope with the fcking car tax... don be supprise if u were told toyota owns dis perodua... but proton is something more representing dis land, n their progression r strart slowing down... real slow...

rebadge is is not the issue of the case... even aston martin just rebadge toyota iq, holden rebadge cruze n so on... proton r going backwards or just standing still... tats not right... we don ask to rnd engine n we din able to also, but jus a good body chassis design only... just use lotus tech, n all the resources to create the body chassis... n 20 over years experiences... where r the outcome???

if proton fail in PROTON EMAS, then donno how dy...
what about waja,gen2,pesona,neo,savvy,blm and exora? i tot proton build everything by themself...plz correct me if im wrong...

honda

Jan 3, 2004
sel
certain of the model making very good sales somore... but y they recieve so much complain? y not others? y not myvi?

or should i say other manufacturer honda, toyota, mazda, nissan, hyundai, kia, chevrolet n others... they r doing too good n too fast like genius already... we r normal humans, not genius... so its normal...

honestly, i think it make sense y there r so many bashes or haters, but those who think proton is something to be proud of, m sorry, m not ur side, but ofcouse m not proton hater...

wat make Mas proud of??? m waiting tony fernandes to bring up lotus f1 team soon as he can... i think he could archive something... :)

Devilprince

Known Member
Feb 14, 2006
its good to hear that proton's going to launch their whatever product soon. copy cat is a copy cat but i'm sure it will benefit more on the wanker or wannabees. we can either bitching about it all day long and you know its not going to change proton's mind.

for personal view, i encourage the lancer wannabees (proton) on their new product so that i can buy an original lancer GT at below RM80k or RM70k in the next couple of months. its worth it rather than buying the new inspira. they must say we should be proud of our national product and i'll say my ***.

right now i'm thinking to open a shop moulding the evo 10 bodykit and mitsubishi's logo so that i'll enjoy 150% profit when they launch inspira. im sure alot of people will find mitsubishi logo and evo 10 bodykit once they bought their inspira. :) so much of cintailah barangan buatan malaysia.

Last edited:

jaymansion

Known Member
Sep 29, 2008
most of the ppl bash not because of rebadge la writer....
and you brought up Holden...Holden rebadging those models never exist in Aussie bro....
you wanna give example give a better example....in your case Holden is something like Perodua.....
anyway i like your review bout the car....:proud:

EGNINE

500 RPM
Jan 8, 2006
certain of the model making very good sales somore... but y they recieve so much complain? y not others? y not myvi?

or should i say other manufacturer honda, toyota, mazda, nissan, hyundai, kia, chevrolet n others... they r doing too good n too fast like genius already... we r normal humans, not genius... so its normal...

honestly, i think it make sense y there r so many bashes or haters, but those who think proton is something to be proud of, m sorry, m not ur side, but ofcouse m not proton hater...

wat make Mas proud of??? m waiting tony fernandes to bring up lotus f1 team soon as he can... i think he could archive something... :)
im still waiting for ur answer,is waja,neo,pesona,gen2,savvy and exora not done by proton? AFAIK everything was done by Proton..chasis,engine and everything..becoz in ur previous post u did mention that u din ask proton to do rnd for an engine but only chasis....if that so than proton already proove they can build car....

i still dont get it y people bashing proton, u said its not becoz of the price then why? quality? if dun have quality then dun buy proton, buy other maker.....and stop complaining.... if feel ashame with proton then don buy lorr...

u mention that u r not proton hater..fair enough, we may have diff opinion....i dun look badges at a cars...i look car as a platform for me to mod my car..toy car...to be honest my sgti handling is better than my x EG9 ..... ive tested satria neo and to my suprise the car handle really good,if only they can fit neo with 160bhp engine..it would be awsome car i guess...thats y i feel piss of when people bashing proton, bcoz i think proton is not that bad but people bashing like proton only build lousy car

Last edited:

keshy

500 RPM
Dec 12, 2007
fact of the matter is everyone can say what they want to say ... criticize the car ... criticize the article ... criticize the examples ... criticize the government ... criticize the manufacturer ... and even criticize each other ... but the Inspira will sell in the millions ... its just a matter of a few months and there will be more Inspira's on the road than the criticism your shallow minds can muster out ... so face it ... it's gonna sell and it's gonna sell well ... don't like it don't buy la ... simple ... now bring on the bashing ... :burnout:

jaymansion

Known Member
Sep 29, 2008
fact of the matter is everyone can say what they want to say ... criticize the car ... criticize the article ... criticize the examples ... criticize the government ... criticize the manufacturer ... and even criticize each other ... but the Inspira will sell in the millions ... its just a matter of a few months and there will be more Inspira's on the road than the criticism your shallow minds can muster out ... so face it ... it's gonna sell and it's gonna sell well ... don't like it don't buy la ... simple ... now bring on the bashing ... :burnout:

hey thought you are staff and writer for zerotohundred?
you shouldn't judge anything by any reason la...try to be professional...learn from paultan how to be a good writer...never include any biasing in your writing or comment.....
haih....

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

ppl bash then you say ppl shallow mind...
haih

honda

Jan 3, 2004
sel
holden cruze not selling in Aus?

im still waiting for ur answer,is waja,neo,pesona,gen2,savvy and exora not done by proton? AFAIK everything was done by Proton..chasis,engine and everything..becoz in ur previous post u did mention that u din ask proton to do rnd for an engine but only chasis....if that so than proton already proove they can build car....
u give the money to any engineer who cannot make car?
buyer ask for a good car not something break easily... i donwan to talk bout design since its bit subjective...
my gti valve spring break at 20k km and i hardly push the car... 2 day gone in HQ n couldnt retify the problem n the mechanic told me he donno wat problem n ask me how? lolsss

quality? if dun have quality then dun buy proton, buy other maker.....and stop complaining.... if feel ashame with proton then don buy lorr...
guess u r a person will come out dis... 'if u don like, u can leave Malaysia'

[quote mention that u r not proton hater..fair enough, we may have diff opinion....i dun look badges at a cars...i look car as a platform for me to mod my car..toy car...to be honest my sgti handling is better than my x EG9 ..... ive tested satria neo and to my suprise the car handle really good,if only they can fit neo with 160bhp engine..it would be awsome car i guess...thats y i feel piss of when people bashing proton, bcoz i think proton is not that bad but people bashing like proton only build lousy car ][/quote]

who donno waja handling better than altis n some other expensive car... lotus did it loh... no doubt mostly proton car have very good handling after lotus came in... platform? u tell me BMW n BENZ which 1 has better platform? own preference loh... but i do feel BMW has more racing platform while BENZ has comfort platform... back in 1992, if given anyone a free NEW SEDAN EG or NEW PROTON WIRA, i take eg...

beside, satria gti body originaly had strengthen dy, unless urs is eg9... n handling tuning is not like changing spring or absober or tyre tat simply... ask the lotus engineer how much calculation they did for sgti... the badge 'tuned by lotus' u thought so simply?

keshy

500 RPM
Dec 12, 2007
hey thought you are staff and writer for zerotohundred?
you shouldn't judge anything by any reason la...try to be professional...learn from paultan how to be a good writer...never include any biasing in your writing or comment.....
haih....

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

ppl bash then you say ppl shallow mind...
haih
yeah i am a staff and i am a writer for '(00) ... i also have my own opinions and I don't make any apologies for that ...

Paul is great and so is everyone in his team ... Usually exchange ideas with them over whisky ... I'll ask them what they thinks of your idea of us journo's not being able to have minds of our own ... I'll get back to you ... Cheers ...

EGNINE

500 RPM
Jan 8, 2006
holden cruze not selling in Aus?

u give the money to any engineer who cannot make car?
buyer ask for a good car not something break easily... i donwan to talk bout design since its bit subjective...
my gti valve spring break at 20k km and i hardly push the car... 2 day gone in HQ n couldnt retify the problem n the mechanic told me he donno wat problem n ask me how? lolsss

guess u r a person will come out dis... 'if u don like, u can leave Malaysia'

[quote mention that u r not proton hater..fair enough, we may have diff opinion....i dun look badges at a cars...i look car as a platform for me to mod my car..toy car...to be honest my sgti handling is better than my x EG9 ..... ive tested satria neo and to my suprise the car handle really good,if only they can fit neo with 160bhp engine..it would be awsome car i guess...thats y i feel piss of when people bashing proton, bcoz i think proton is not that bad but people bashing like proton only build lousy car ]
who donno waja handling better than altis n some other expensive car... lotus did it loh... no doubt mostly proton car have very good handling after lotus came in... platform? u tell me BMW n BENZ which 1 has better platform? own preference loh... but i do feel BMW has more racing platform while BENZ has comfort platform... back in 1992, if given anyone a free NEW SEDAN EG or NEW PROTON WIRA, i take eg...

beside, satria gti body originaly had strengthen dy, unless urs is eg9... n handling tuning is not like changing spring or absober or tyre tat simply... ask the lotus engineer how much calculation they did for sgti... the badge 'tuned by lotus' u thought so simply?[/QUOTE]

my gti already 10 years old and no engine problem whatsoever...every weekend redlining it for almost 20 min for 5 years..i guess u got bad luck....

u did mention proton handling is good, gti got strengten chasis...tuned by lotus...but still u cant even give credit to proton for their handling...thats the reason why they bought lotus..really dun know whats ur thinking huhu..

its an ori eg9 i compared with

haihhh takkan sbb tak suka proton nak keluar malaysia kot

Last edited:

duck_killer99

Known Member
Mar 29, 2006
I'm kinda like what u said.. yes... that is so true.....
hahahhaha this is just a way of releasing their tension- COMPLAINT....
It's like an overweight man complaining about his weight but what he do everyday? Eat and eat more without any effort to reduce it....

So, people complain and complain especially those related with current gov. Here and there wrong everywhere ... salary not enough , petrol expensive, but how many really work hard and smart to overcome the problem?

Funny though u can see if there is any issue, there will be comment like
"wait for the next election, change the gov, huha huha..."... THEN? what's gonna happen?
change gov then suddenly proton can produce 400bhp perfect car with price starting from RM40k?
If like that, I'm sure gonna vote them out right now! hahahahha

mentality mentality.....
Actually u will find some differences between rich n poor......anyway, i like ur comment

Ultimate Cefiro

500 RPM
Dec 7, 2006
Naza oledi cut and paste.... just like the Naza Ria which cost less than RM100k while the Kia Carnival last time cost RM160k..... thx to Naza Ria, the Carnival's owners may set a Carnival Vaganza for themselves~~!!

Proton??? 1st, the old Saga, from the 80s Lancer.... Then Iswara, from the 80s Saga..... then Wira, from the 90's Lancer..... then Satria..... from the 90's Mirage..... then Perdana.... from the 90's Eterna........ but luckily Mitsubishi never sell those cars directly in their Malaysia's showroom~~~~~ but Proton Inspira?????

Mana inspirasi kita orang Malaysia lar???? Kita ada Waja.... kita ada Gen 2, kita ada Persona, Exora..... itu kan semua own design?? sekarang jalan balik old path main cut n paste..... hadduuuiiihhhhh~~~~

Sep 10, 2008
Wanna ask something...
As far as i know, proton n mitsu have mou. Proton take lancer n mitsu take exora and persona. Then they do the rebranding.

Izzit true??

matkela

Jul 13, 2009
yeah i am a staff and i am a writer for '(00) ... i also have my own opinions and I don't make any apologies for that ...

Paul is great and so is everyone in his team ... Usually exchange ideas with them over whisky ... I'll ask them what they thinks of your idea of us journo's not being able to have minds of our own ... I'll get back to you ... Cheers ...

Cheers, Keshy!
Come back to this thread soonest after you journos compare notes and ideas. We non-journos should benefit from all your discoveries and common points, whether positive or otherwise.:adore:

See, despite the fact that i had booked the Inspira, i am not given any chance to test it unlike you journos all.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

UMW Toyota Motor has just announced that they have begun taking orders for the all new Toyota Camry as of 2nd April (today) 2012 onwards.

<!--more-->Below is the summary of the estimated On-The Road price (OTR) and colours that are available for the all new Toyota Camry variants...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience