drive shaft

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
eastbay said:
1. What my mecs told me, there is a different price for the drive shaft. The left side is cheaper than the right side. Im so lucky coz my drive shaft problem is from the left side.

2. Certain place, they will ask u to replace a full set of drive shaft. Yup, i already done some surveying job. Most of the mech said that u got to replace the whole set of drive shaft.It because there is not much profit to change the outer part. Drive shaft had outer part (behind ur disc brake) and inner part (that connect to engine). Mine actually had a prob with the outer part.So what they do is replace the head/outer parts only!! No need to replace a whole set.!! It solve my prob.And summore the price is not a second hand price.!! It just took about 1 hours only to fix it. :)

Yup bro samurai. For the next tt u can see me.Ahehehe. Im thinkin bout photo session at the curve / tesco area. That place seems so nice to the session. Cozzy lighting. n there also we can see others sports car just lepak lepak there.How bout this sunday, 4.00pm at burgerking mutiara damansara. There have a large parking lot. So can do the photo session also. :P

You rite bro, hyundai owners is always bz.Like me.Hehe

Yeah, what eastbay said is true!!! Normally those mechanic will tell you to change the whole set and once I ask a workshop, the mechanic there told me that to change both side of the drive shafts will cost RM1K plus and maybe will touch RM2K!!!
Really blood suckers!!!
Luckily I can get it done at my regular workshop!!!
Just change both outer sides of the drive shafts, then problem solve!!!

eastbay, normally how much you pay to service your car and what brand and type of lubricant your car used???
If you don't mind and wanna save up a bit, I can change the lubricant and oil filter for you!!!
I normally service my Coupe myself!!!
Save me about RM35, I'm using quality lubri ( Shell Helix )!!!

eastbay

Mar 28, 2006
Taiping
www.myiq.net.my
Daniel, im using Hi Rev engie oil. Cant remember that engine oil grade coz at that day im rushing. Engine oil + oil filter cost me bout rm65 bucks. Waa... can change by ur self huh? Thats great.! I just change my engine oil last week. For the next one, will ask u to do it :P

Gear oil cost me about rm20. Using petronas gear oil. Thank god my car now is almost complete.

yen187

500 RPM
Sep 19, 2004
Visit site
wah piang.... one of the places i went for a quote was charging 2k+ for the drive shaft man.... really killer...

die man like that....:cry_smile: :baring_teeth:

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
eastbay said:
Daniel, im using Hi Rev engie oil. Cant remember that engine oil grade coz at that day im rushing. Engine oil + oil filter cost me bout rm65 bucks. Waa... can change by ur self huh? Thats great.! I just change my engine oil last week. For the next one, will ask u to do it :P

Gear oil cost me about rm20. Using petronas gear oil. Thank god my car now is almost complete.
You're welcome bro!!!
Now your car is complete, can join the next gathering lol...
Hahaha...

eastbay

Mar 28, 2006
Taiping
www.myiq.net.my
yen187 said:
wah piang.... one of the places i went for a quote was charging 2k+ for the drive shaft man.... really killer...

die man like that....:cry_smile: :baring_teeth:
Is it? Erm what items that cost u like that? can list it here? Want to know also coz its extremely 'eat' u bucks!! Or somethin serious happen to ur wheels?

And also,i just know there is a workshop can do "recond".Its just cost u bout rm80-rm100 only for both side of drive shaft. But i choose to replace the drive shaft head. Drill told me bout this. Will got more details n tell to u all.

Yup daniel. If the gathering held on rite time, for sure u i will attend. I saw ur pics and ur ride oredi.Nice colour one!!! Shining also. Yup, cant wait to see ya all guys. :_:

yen187

500 RPM
Sep 19, 2004
Visit site
i'm still looking for a place to repair the drive shaft!

when turn without steppin on the acc no trak trak sound...

when step on the acc... the sound confirm come out for both sides...

dam... :cry_smile: :cry_smile: :sad_smile: :cry_smile:

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
yen, shall you go to Glenmarie Hyundai Centra for a check?
one of our member went today.

Cow

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
Visit site
BOTH of my driveshafts kong already...

turn left and right also got sound.. sigh...
how much should i expect in $$ damage?

wengfhai_5889

Known Member
Oct 28, 2005
hi

Drive Shaft..

well you need to really determined it...
whether the bearing head is outside or inside had been broken..
if inside ..no doubt then u have to change the whole drive shaft.. it will cost RM 600per side.. thats the cheapest u can find in town
while if it was spoilt from outside head.. then the drive shaft u can buy japanese wan and replace it only cost about RM 220 per side..

Well.. if u come to kl here..
the workmenship was onli about RM 20 to RM 25 to change the whole drive shaft set...

contact me if u re coming to the town
jln ipoh...

0176671309-wengfhai

by the way
hyundai gearbox is very sensitive with gear oil..becareful....

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
wengfhai, cow stay at jln ipoh also. His BIG exhaust Coupe sapu all jln ipoh girl. :biggrin:

wengfhai, i change to MOTUL gearbox oil. No feel, you all better dun waste that money.

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
Do you all experience that when you guys change gears, it gets really hard to engage into the gears. Especially first gear. My mechanic said that this is due to worn clutch. To repair it will cost RM1k plus. Any idea where can I get it done with much cheaper price???

Cow

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
Visit site
BlackSamurai said:
wengfhai, cow stay at jln ipoh also. His BIG exhaust Coupe sapu all jln ipoh girl. :biggrin:

wengfhai, i change to MOTUL gearbox oil. No feel, you all better dun waste that money.
BlackSamurai you don't bluff la, Jln. Ipoh where got girl one :cry_smile:

wengfhai_5889

Known Member
Oct 28, 2005
hi..

wah Jln Ipoh.. got ar.
Got SMPP hehez.
damn nice wan those gals
ahhaz
CUTE
i like haha.z..
hehez..

im using toyota gear oil..
damn cheap 45 for 4 little hehez..
hehez.
3 level wan
hehez.

cheap..
hehez.

that day i just play with a honda perlude..
hehe..
ate her up

wengfhai_5889

Known Member
Oct 28, 2005
hi..

Hehez..
i meet this honda perlude 2.2 in subang USJ..
hehez.
lost to her for pick up...
hehez.
ate her up for top speed hehez.
veri fun de..
hahaz.

but this gal veri daring to take corner
salute hehez..
you from behind can see the smoke coming out from the tyres
hehez

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

A high grade Tupperware

Measure the K&N filter size, make sure it fit

Use Spray paint to mark the shape pattern of the carburetor base

Base pattern marked

Use fire to heat up a nail to cut...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience