Drive a Honda Civic Eg/EK Must Read!

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Bro
tonite wil be working on a Toyota ecu
wit da same caps leak issue. Many tracks
broken...will post up once it is completed.
On Tuesday did repair for evo1 ecu..
Same issues... Caps leaked also. So pls
follow my advise. Tq

shawnho

Known Member
Mar 31, 2009
bro wat model is the ecu if i'm driving a Civic EG non vtec? its a 95 model... sometimes in the morning i experince engine very hard to start...

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Honda & Toyota SeG owners- MUST READ!!!!

As mention earlier, tonite I worked on a toyota ecu with the same troubles like the Honda Egs ECU... The owner complain... enjin suka suka mak dia mati... send da car to my members workshop.... BOYZ GARAGE... from experience we pull out the ecu and took the lid of...
You could basically smell the leaking caps smell and one big patch has turn black... See the pictures to believe...
Work on it from 9.30pm... just completed it 5 minutes ago... will test it out in the car tommorrow..99.9% it will be okay... God willing...

What was da repairs?... 5 caps changed, clean up the black area and joined back 3 broken copper track which broke off due to the acid from the caps....

SO GO CHANGE THE CAPACITORS IN YOUR ECU IF YOUR MODEL OF CAR IS MORE THAN 10 YEARS....ESPECIALLY P27, P08 & P30... IT BURNS HOLES IN ECU AND YOUR POCKET...

Honda, Mitsubishi & Toyota all the same....when will it be your turn? Do something about it.
Thanks for reading...:bawling:

Attachments

Last edited:

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
"RECYCLE YOUR ECU PROGRAM"
Please courier (ABX) reverse charged to me.
Thank you for your contribution.....another Honda EG/EK will be running on the road...:biggrin:

ZTHs bro...
Just an update on the above toyota ecu.
Tested the ecu this morning, after my "tired" friend woke up from sleep.
Alasan... balik from Sepang 5am...

Anyway plug in and test drove the SEG with 4throttle for 30mis...
Problem SOLVED. Recycled another ECU...
TQ.

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
bro wat model is the ecu if i'm driving a Civic EG non vtec? its a 95 model... sometimes in the morning i experince engine very hard to start...
Sorry for late reply... It should be a P27.
These are the type that if da big cap leak, will burn a hole in the ecu board...
Better check... TQ:biggrin:

camshaft

Known Member
Nov 3, 2006
vtec sifuu....just wanna ask some question here...sorry to borrow ur thread..e-tech..since u know a lot bout ecu...might as well ask u...:biggrin:
last year i change my b16a gearbox to manual...then i didn't change the ecu...so it's still auto ecu...
my wiring is OBD2...since is an ek4...so i'm planning to change to b18cr ecu...what i want to know is...

1. will the ECU work fine with my b16a mild mod?
2. will i gain performance or it will be worst?
3. the revcut for b18cr is 8400RPM or 8900RPM? (i dont need to rev past 9k since i worry bout the engine lifespan playing on track)

fyi..i know a lot will want me to change to OBD1...but i'm not gonna change to OBD1 and rechip...coz i'm planning to use obd2 and tune with e-manage 3-4 month after using it...the purpose buying the b18cr ecu is just to rev a little higher....would appreciate the help guys...:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
vtec sifuu....just wanna ask some question here...sorry to borrow ur thread..e-tech..since u know a lot bout ecu...might as well ask u...:biggrin:
last year i change my b16a gearbox to manual...then i didn't change the ecu...so it's still auto ecu...
my wiring is OBD2...since is an ek4...so i'm planning to change to b18cr ecu...what i want to know is... Ur car ori EK4 auto with B16a engine?

1. will the ECU work fine with my b16a mild mod? Yes will work,,, fine- not neccessary..
2. will i gain performance or it will be worst? B18c Fuel map maybe too rich for B16A..
3. the revcut for b18cr is 8400RPM or 8900RPM? (i dont need to rev past 9k since i worry bout the engine lifespan playing on track)... not too sure... but between that..

fyi..i know a lot will want me to change to OBD1...but i'm not gonna change to OBD1 and rechip...coz i'm planning to use obd2 and tune with e-manage 3-4 month after using it...the purpose buying the b18cr ecu is just to rev a little higher....would appreciate the help guys...:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
So in conclusion... YES can use the B18cr ecu (P73, i think) and with emanage you can fine tune
the fuel and ignition timing to suit your B16A minor modification. Should be able to run well...

Or (since OBD1 is out of the picture) try to get a chipped OBD2, i seen half cut (EK9) coming in with
chipped OBD2... that will surely be the best based on wat you want....
Tq

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
can we chip EK9 OBD2 ecu? how?
Can be done but must have all the special soldering equipment to properly
1. removethe original micro processor.... Big IC with many "j" leg
2. put in & solder the socket for the "J" legs IC
3. Find a chip to put in.... these ICs also diffecult to copy...

So far i can only chip OBD1.... IC only 28 pins...

So if can get 1 OBD2A/B with chip e.g spoon the grab it lor....

:biggrin:

shawnho

Known Member
Mar 31, 2009
Its there a diff between the ECU of civic EG (2 door and 4 door) model? the same model as stated in my earlier post..

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Its there a diff between the ECU of civic EG (2 door and 4 door) model? the same model as stated in my earlier post..
Bro
should be a P27.
As far as I ve seen they r da same.
Only internal components some differents.

Hv u open up to check?
These r da type of ecu that da big caps leak and
burn hole!!!
Tq

camshaft

Known Member
Nov 3, 2006
e-tech...yes..it's an ori ek4 auto..but already convert it to manual last year...OBD2 can be chipped? but since you said it's hard to copy the chip...surely all the obd2 that came with chipped ecu is damn expensive rite?

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
e-tech...yes..it's an ori ek4 auto..but already convert it to manual last year...OBD2 can be chipped? but since you said it's hard to copy the chip...surely all the obd2 that came with chipped ecu is damn expensive rite?
If lucky then can get cheap lor... some buyer get it when they buy their ek9 half cut...already chipped in japan....

That is why many choose to go with obd1 (p30 or P08) ecu, many different cheaps are available to select from to suit ur modifications.... Hondata s300 that support obd1 will also be cheaper..

In ur case if you decide to go with obd1.... what is needed is...
OBD2A--> OBD1 conversion harness................ rm380-450
P08 std ecu.................................................rm450
Get ecu chipped...........................................rm300 so at least rm1200

tq

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Another ECU damaged!!! Take action-lah.....

Dear bro of hondas@zth,

"Onconnect" has posted some pictures of his ecu which he complain if vtec cannot crossover...
Based on the pictures.... YES, capacitors have leaked and damage certain areas of the ecu...

and here is what I advise him....

Onconnect,
Here is my diagnostic based on ur pictures...

1. Your ecu is P08 auto & has been chipped with Thunder Chips.
(NO KNOCK BOARD)
2. Big cap C27 have leaked, nearby chip cap C72 maybe also spoilt.
3. IC14 surrounding areas also looks damaged...
4. Medium cap C34 alos have sign of leak.
5. Bottom side transistor for injector control QM3 have sign of repair of copper trace...

Tq...
p/s u will soon have fuel and spark timing related problems or CEL code besides your current
vtec cannot crossover trouble....

I am quite confident it can be fixed....tq

Here is the link to the other pictures....
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/honda/314273-ecu-problem-continue-to-read.html#post4016189

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I wanna install 4g93 into my saga flx and i was wondering if there is any workshop that does it. if there is, please recommend and leave contact info~ KL area, thanks :3 P.S: Idk if this is the correct place to post it
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience