Drive (2011) - Must Watch

teo1957

Known Member
Nov 12, 2006
I don't know if you guys have watched this movie, but I find it really interesting. The hero in this movie (played by Ryan Gosling) rarely talks (and this reminds me of Takumi Fujiwara), and when the movie ends viewers still don't have a clue of what his name was, but the car chase scene, especially the opening one, is really, really worth it.

Unless you prefer Fast & Furious and Michael Bay-style explosion-fest, I'm sure you will find yourself appreciating the understated yet suspenseful action scenes in this movie.

Just be prepared for Cannes-style movie with brutal violence (head shot off with shotgun, hand crushed by hammer, eye stabbed, etc.).

Drive is a 2011 American action drama film directed by Nicolas Winding Refn, starring Ryan Gosling as the principal character, with Carey Mulligan, Bryan Cranston, and Albert Brooks. Although Drive shares several characteristics with the similarly-named 1978 Walter Hill car-chase film, The Driver, it is actually adapted from the 2005 James Sallis novel of the same name, with a screenplay by Hossein Amini.

Like the book, the film is about a Hollywood stunt performer (played by Gosling) who moonlights as a getaway driver. Prior to its September 2011 release, it had been shown at a number of film festivals. At the 2011 Cannes Film Festival, Drive was praised and received a standing ovation. Winding Refn won the festival's Best Director Award for the film. Reviews from critics have been positive, with many drawing comparisons to work from previous eras. Praise has also been given to Gosling's and Brooks' performances. Director Nicolas Winding Refn has said influences came from Bullitt (1968) and The Day of the Locust (1975); and that Drive was a tribute to Alejandro Jodorowsky.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
is this movie passed on-air date???

any idea where to "download"?? :biggrin:

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
is it similar to the transporter?

teo1957

Known Member
Nov 12, 2006
is it similar to the transporter?
Yes, have few similarities but much, much more minimalistic and pace of the movie is markedly slower.

Doesn't have scene where car jumps onto a moving train. It's as quiet as a lone touge down Kuala Klawang.

Not blockbuster-friendly but a car movie done Cannes-style.

Lean

UnderCoverProject Founder
Oct 30, 2006
KL
undercoverproject.blogspot.com
Transporter is way nicer than this movie. I can sleep watching this movie, no joke. Better download it thatn watching it in the cinema.

teo1957

Known Member
Nov 12, 2006
Transporter is way nicer than this movie. I can sleep watching this movie, no joke. Better download it thatn watching it in the cinema.
Well... I did say that it's not blockbuster-friendly...

Transporter is okay but I don't dig the ridiculous stunts... becoming more and more like Bollywood if you ask me... I remember the Audi chase scene in Ronin more... maybe I'm more of a Overhaulin' guy rather than Pimp My Ride...

As for going to the cinema, no more shown in the US and I don't think will release in Malaysia because of the violence...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
He is more like a Hired Driver, drives and making sure the robbers/criminals escape the scene...

Starting is using the Latest Chevrolet Impala. 300HP according to the movie which I checked is the top range of the Impala 3.6L V6. xD

I downloaded long ago, just only started to to watch a bit yesterday during lunch time. To be continue today :biggrin:

You should consider this movie too...Really not bad...BORN 2 RACE.

Subaru WRX STi vs Ford Mustang. Two main highlights in the movie.

http://www.borntoracemovie.com/Site/Home.html

Last edited:

harrypotter7

Aug 14, 2015
New York
Drive ( 2011 ):- Driver ( Ryan Gosling ) is a Skilled Hollywood Stuntman, who Moonlights as a Gateway Driver for Criminals. Though he Projects an Icy Exterior.

It was Released on September 30, 2011 in India and was Directed by Nicolas Winding Refn. Its Running Time was 1 Hour & 35 Minutes. Its Cinematography was Done by Newton Thomas Sigel and Cliff Martinez was its Music Director.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I notice that the headlamps are dim, even highlight does not make any difference at all. My proton bumper light is even brighter, damn ...

The headlamps are brand new.

What could be the problem? My car is only 3 years old. Should I check the fuse box? The one somewhere below the steering wheel. (10watt, 15watt, 20watt) <--- Does it related?

I asked a accessories shop, they said it can be done to make it brighter, by changing the relay + 2 brand new 100watt bulbs. They quote me RM100 for...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience