Drag skill

Basil Basil

Known Member
Jul 19, 2006
I see so many thread but didnt come across any thing bout drag skill.....

Mind to share some of yr experience here......

Auto and Manual is welcome.....

For me i m driving auto and usually I drag i will put to 2 and step on the break and floor the acce. paddle.....but i heard ppl saying rev to 5-6k rpm then push all the way to 1 or 2 wheel spin abit then lunch....but will it spoil the Gearbox mah???? :Not_Impressed:

drMpower

May 1, 2006
yeah..you drifted a bit over here

Basil Basil

Known Member
Jul 19, 2006
can post here too wat....so many un related subject here......eg. Mat rempit in aust.....mirco tech.....and many more.....u should biar lar.....just chat wat......

As the forum rules say if u got nothing to say related to the thread, u can keep yr opinon to yr self.

Elitehunter

Known Member
Dec 6, 2006
wheel spin a bit only so nevermind. Gearbox won't spoil if wheel spin, but if u do it often sure spoil la.

If drag with auto, your auto gearbox will very fast kong. Trust me, i tried it before. So try not to play with the gearknob, changing to L or 2 or D. Auto cars are not meant for drag, it is for city driving. So what u need to do is floor the accelerator at N and change to D to start dragging.

But only once a while u can play the gearbox like manual transmission like me, change L , 2, 3, D and so on. Not so often or your gearbox will kong fast.

Anyways, drive safe and responsibly. Try not to drag all the time =p. I know we young blooded guys always hunger for speed if we are behind the wheel, right?

Attachments

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
drag skill arr??...

hook up something heavy behind and drag it along the road lor... all u need is to find a strong hook and attach it securely behind ur car....

joking la... hehe...

drag racing ar... lemme see...
- 1st gear, rev till ur max torque rpm...
- green light, dump the clutch, floor the pedal....
- if wheelspin too much, lift up the gas pedal abit till it regains traction
- once ur tyres are grippin the road, jz floor it all the way
- of coz, up shifts at ur car max power rpm la....
- try not to engage in top gear... for example, if ur gearbox has 5gears, try finish it in 4th gear...

if u play drag many times before, i'm sure u know which gear gives u most pull and advantage... make full use of it....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Proton’s first ever global car, the Prevé, has managed to rake up a total booking of 11,130 units in just in a span of two months, making it the number one choice for the 1.6-litre sedan in the market. Launched on 16 April 2012, the Prevé comes in three variants: the Premium with the 1.6 Charged Fuel Efficiency (CFE) engine mated with Proton’s own 7-speed ProTronic CVT, and two Executives with either the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience