DIY Voltage Stabilizer

sang_kancil

Known Member
Dec 9, 2003
Kuching,Sarawak
www.pgx.com.my
Originally posted by ahkeong82@Dec 8 2004, 07:29

when the car is park there for 2 days, will the battery discharge to these capacitor and causd the battery "kong" faster??
maybe somebody ...that successfully done on this DIY...can give da answer....

ftfong

Sep 23, 2004
hi
i working at jalan pasar any one came can call me 0123877763 kelvin
i.c electronic s/b our shop have lot cap to sell
thanks

stargate

Known Member
Oct 15, 2004
Sang_kancil,
I had asked my electronic expert friend and he said that this voltage stabilizer should be connected to the accessory (+ve) wire and GND, not directly to the car battery.

However, the current flowing across these capacitors are very small once the capacitors is charged up.

sang_kancil

Known Member
Dec 9, 2003
Kuching,Sarawak
www.pgx.com.my
Originally posted by stargate@Dec 8 2004, 21:44
Sang_kancil,
I had asked my electronic expert friend and he said that this voltage stabilizer should be connected to the accessory (+ve) wire and GND, not directly to the car battery.

However, the current flowing across these capacitors are very small once the capacitors is charged up.
thanks for da explanation.... :D

accessory (+ve) wire means electronic device(s) in da car ....?

GND...understood...

sunnyboy

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
Originally posted by ftfong@Dec 8 2004, 21:19
hi
thanks
bro....can u pack it up all the neccesary stuff that is needed to do this volt stabilizer, and let us know the roughly price.....lots more easier than we copy up the spec and look for u to find it.....

fai

500 RPM
May 24, 2004
KL
Visit site
Originally posted by ftfong@Dec 8 2004, 21:19
hi
thanks
Hello, kelvin. Do u sell dashboard led or bulb? Normally how much for 1? Cheers..

stargate

Known Member
Oct 15, 2004
Sang_kancil,
Yes, the accessory (+ve)wire is connected to electronic device such as HU.

What's the point of charging the capacitors when the engine is off right (if connect the capacitors directly to car battery).

fww

Oct 24, 2004
Originally posted by xtorm@Dec 7 2004, 16:08
i may b bringing in elna 4,700uf 16v n 1,000uf 16v, 100 pieces each, duno the price yet, anybody interested? sure cheaper then jalan pasar
xtrom,

i think you should organize a day for DIY voltage stabilizer to ensure that everyone knows how to fixed them up after buying those capacitors.

or else, i don't think you bulk purchase plan can succeed as many are blur with the diagram, no one want to buy something that eventually can't use right?

so the point now is who knows how to fixed them?

ahkeong82

Dec 7, 2004
so no one know how much total capacitance is optimum 1?

sorry still got doubt, + connect to accesories, so in engine, connect to which part? HU means?

soldering is easy, just connect all capacitor parallel

anyone used this before on their car? can share with us how u connect it in ur car?

xtorm

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2003
Originally posted by fww+Dec 9 2004, 19:48 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (fww @ Dec 9 2004, 19:48 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-xtorm@Dec 7 2004, 16:08
i may b bringing in elna 4,700uf 16v n 1,000uf 16v, 100 pieces each, duno the price yet, anybody interested? sure cheaper then jalan pasar
xtrom,

i think you should organize a day for DIY voltage stabilizer to ensure that everyone knows how to fixed them up after buying those capacitors.

or else, i don't think you bulk purchase plan can succeed as many are blur with the diagram, no one want to buy something that eventually can't use right?

so the point now is who knows how to fixed them? [/b][/quote]
then how abt i do 1 n top up rm10 for worksmanship.....?

i know alot dun hav soledering iron store at home 1.

the thing is pretty simple, juz connect all the +ve togather n all the -ve togather using solder. then +ve to +ve terminal of ur batt. n -ve to ur -ve terminallor.

if tis diy dun function, so does the sard version tat tis guy enhance from tat cost hundreds!

alot of the voltage stabalizer on the market is using cap only (cosing around rm300-400), only 1 i know of now tat uses IC is z-stab.

sky_kids

Known Member
Nov 27, 2003
Penang, KL
i finished solder ..
kaki solder kaki..
din use wire also..
haha
lazy ppl do lazy work.. :P

still haven't try in my car...

any 1 tried?

fww

Oct 24, 2004
Originally posted by xtorm+Dec 9 2004, 22:15 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (xtorm @ Dec 9 2004, 22:15 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by fww@Dec 9 2004, 19:48
<!--QuoteBegin-xtorm
@Dec 7 2004, 16:08

xtrom,

so the point now is who knows how to fixed them?
then how abt i do 1 n top up rm10 for worksmanship.....?

i know alot dun hav soledering iron store at home 1.

the thing is pretty simple, juz connect all the +ve togather n all the -ve togather using solder. then +ve to +ve terminal of ur batt. n -ve to ur -ve terminallor.

if tis diy dun function, so does the sard version tat tis guy enhance from tat cost hundreds!

alot of the voltage stabalizer on the market is using cap only (cosing around rm300-400), only 1 i know of now tat uses IC is z-stab. [/b][/quote]
so this guy enhance what from sard version? i mean in terms of hardware and concept behind the enhancement??

i believe not all kind of capacitors are the same, i think those good ones only works, but how to determine the one you are purchasing in bulk are those of high quality?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Greetings folks :wavey:

Many automotive users like us would always find a way to improve our ride in the sense of performance, aesthetics, fuel consumption, ah-beng-ness, etc etc. The car makers will not give us everything unless we give them our everything. Therefore we can find many after market parts out there, anywhere. :driver:

While some would spend thousands to churn what's from their car engine, others would only want to spend perhaps a few hundred bucks or less than that in...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience