DIY Voltage Stabilizer

lix

Known Member
Nov 5, 2004
Visit site
Yes xtorm. I think it perform better. I connect the -terminal near my head lights rely - terminal and connect it together with the car body. Not only the head lights is brighter but also the interior lights too. Have fun :lol: :lol: :lol:

xtorm

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2003
Originally posted by sky_kids@Dec 7 2004, 01:45
i did mine also...
haven't fit in my car..
1 question....

i use the kaki to solder it..
can or not...
lazy to solder with wire...
it's hard to stick..
duno why

yet my wire is damn thin...
so any luck for me...???
wire too thin the cap wont show it full potential.

kaki solder also oklah.

sylver'sAD

Known Member
Oct 20, 2004
need to open back the kemahiran hidup teks book lor... theheheheheheh, :lol: :lol:

servo

Known Member
Jan 13, 2004
oN monday in shah alam were held a Final Auto salon...when to KW acc booth....saw the KW voltage stabilizer....the guys introduce the thing to me..said this ones is good la...bla..bla...bla.....and it costs nearly RM300....then i just said..."haiya!!capasitor onli inside also mahal ka??"...then the guy....said to me....."hah??!!how you know??"....i said back.."betul ka??"....he said back to me...."yorlah!onli capasitor only....." and turns away....... :lol: :lol:

however i manage to find out another DIY that look more easy only it on Japanese.....some one can translate it?? :unsure:

Another ones!Please click it!!

xtorm

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2003
Originally posted by servo@Dec 7 2004, 11:55
oN monday in shah alam were held a Final Auto salon...when to KW acc booth....saw the KW voltage stabilizer....the guys introduce the thing to me..said this ones is good la...bla..bla...bla.....and it costs nearly RM300....then i just said..."haiya!!capasitor onli inside also mahal ka??"...then the guy....said to me....."hah??!!how you know??"....i said back.."betul ka??"....he said back to me...."yorlah!onli capasitor only....." and turns away....... :lol: :lol:

however i manage to find out another DIY that look more easy only it on Japanese.....some one can translate it?? :unsure:

Another ones!Please click it!!
wat the heck?! they only shield trhe +ve terminal......... the +ve actually same wire?!

y can we get from doing tat?

lix

Known Member
Nov 5, 2004
Visit site
:lol: YES badguy, it works. Go and get yourself handful fo capacitors and start your project. Remember to connect a 30amp fuis at the +terminal.
Happy DIYing :lol:

sang_kancil

Known Member
Dec 9, 2003
Kuching,Sarawak
www.pgx.com.my
so no problem at all laa....after switch off da engine.... i mean da battery will not flat out....

badguy

500 RPM
Jun 15, 2004
donno how to connect the capacitor leh!!!!!!!!!!

which leg to which leg ???
headache leh!!!

noob here need guide line on how to connect??

ahkeong82

Dec 7, 2004
can anyone give a clearer instruction on how to connect it? still abit blur.. or got any schematic?

i know there is 2 trading house sell all the RARE COMPONENTS, such as the high capacitance capacitor, RS COMPONENTS and FARNELL

ahkeong82

Dec 7, 2004
one last question, since the capacitor is connect paraller right?

why use so many different small value of capacitor instead of using 1big value of capacitor like what stated by xstorm?

when the car is park there for 2 days, will the battery discharge to these capacitor and causd the battery "kong" faster??

from what i know, the capacitor is connected paraller, means which value comes first is not a problem right?

how many TOTAL CAPACITANCE needed to be a good voltage stabilizer?

please enlightened me, thanks

cheers

xtorm

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2003
i think use alot of small 1 better!

as for total value of capacitance...not sure, but normally higher better.

capacitor basically act like battery.....it stores up energy....

which value comes first shoud not b a concern i think.....

but if i where to do it, i will put the smaller value at the front

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Greets all and thanks a lot for viewing my post and thanks in advance for any advisement(s) :listen:

Recently bought an old(er) Perdana SE 2.0 (4cyl) yr. 1998 for good price - it's all stock and needs some maintenance eg. engine mounts, some suspension work, etc. estimated 2K worth of repairs is needed to get her back into basic shape - the body is in good condition and does not need any repairs. Gearbox is good as it's an automatic (so far - yes I've read the can be problematic).

So...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience