DIY Voltage Stabilizer

defcon1

500 RPM
May 26, 2006
Heh...imagine that on a camo-look housing...hee hee...gives it a really military feel... :smile:

defcon1

500 RPM
May 26, 2006
Personally...I prefer the dust, grease and mud look... :smile:

Much easier to maintain... :rofl:

honggas

Known Member
Mar 21, 2006
defcon1 said:
Personally...I prefer the dust, grease and mud look... :smile:

Much easier to maintain... :rofl:
Like that have to change the design to ensure that it fits and blend perfectly with the dust, grease and mud feel :biggrin:

defcon1

500 RPM
May 26, 2006
Nah...leave it... I'll grow some shrubs in the mud... :laugh:

defcon1

500 RPM
May 26, 2006
Schematics for simple voltage stabilizer based on only catalytic converters

As promised...

This is the first prototype. Good enough to make a difference. It already felt better than the pivot especially on cold start, and there were distinct improvements in the sound system, both for clarity as well as sub-woofer performance.

This is the second prototype. Double the number of capacitors.

I've left out the high frequency filters that I had to build on a second board and mount below the first in the VS. The principle is the same. There should be about 6 ratings of ceramic capacitors. Just pick up 6 - 12 of each and assemble them in the same arrangement, and link the board to the +ve and -ve circuits of the main board in parallel. Along with the ceramic caps, you should hit about 90 caps on the 2nd proto design and approximately 53,000 uF.

Enjoy!!!

defcon1

500 RPM
May 26, 2006
Gimme a wee bit of time. Trying to compress the design into a smaller box... :smile:

kho beng hong

Jul 9, 2006
Hello bro,
I like u. Very vocal and I think u know your stuff.
U are indeed a friend 2 us who had all this while had no choice but accept what is on the shelf.
By the way, stay clear from trouble.

defcon1

500 RPM
May 26, 2006
kho beng hong said:
Hello bro,
I like u. Very vocal and I think u know your stuff.
U are indeed a friend 2 us who had all this while had no choice but accept what is on the shelf.
By the way, stay clear from trouble.
Thank you, Kho... :smile:

Most of the stuff we are buying "off the shelf" started as a prototype in someone's garage, and made from easily available materials. Companies take these "inventions", improve them by a few %, and charge 5 times what they are worth in order to finance their marketing, a & p and all the other corporate machinery required to mass produce these items.

A lot of thinigs in the car, can be done on your own. A lot of "improvements" in your car can be made from scraps. All it takes is some ingenuity and some time. AND...a whole lot of research and patience.

My last vehicle was my masterpiece. Sports Compact Car magazine had a series on modding a 3S-GTE motor to 650 bhp in 3 - 4 stages. It cost tens of thousands to do it. I hit 450 bhp (stage 2, I think) but spent only a third of what it was purported to cost. But, obviously, if you don't have the money to just order the parts and fit them in, you have to be patient and find ways to do it. Machine shops and other craftsmen are your best friends... :smile:

Unfortunately, in Malaysia, it's difficult to find even simple stuff to do thing... :sad_smile:

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
defcon1 said:
Thank you, Kho... :smile:

Most of the stuff we are buying "off the shelf" started as a prototype in someone's garage, and made from easily available materials. Companies take these "inventions", improve them by a few %, and charge 5 times what they are worth in order to finance their marketing, a & p and all the other corporate machinery required to mass produce these items.

A lot of thinigs in the car, can be done on your own. A lot of "improvements" in your car can be made from scraps. All it takes is some ingenuity and some time. AND...a whole lot of research and patience.

My last vehicle was my masterpiece. Sports Compact Car magazine had a series on modding a 3S-GTE motor to 650 bhp in 3 - 4 stages. It cost tens of thousands to do it. I hit 450 bhp (stage 2, I think) but spent only a third of what it was purported to cost. But, obviously, if you don't have the money to just order the parts and fit them in, you have to be patient and find ways to do it. Machine shops and other craftsmen are your best friends... :smile:

Unfortunately, in Malaysia, it's difficult to find even simple stuff to do thing... :sad_smile:
go to SG n do la...for u, its less than 2 hours drive what...:evil:

defcon1

500 RPM
May 26, 2006
Yes...but at least 2 tanks of gas, and about RM 100+ in tol... :sad_smile:

Kinda defeats the purpose of diy...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Royal Malaysian Police were presented with 60 units of the Chevrolet Captiva by Naza Quest to be used as the official vehicle for the upcoming second General Police & Special Equipment Exhibition and Conference (GPEC Asia 2011).

The mock keys for the vehicles were handed over by Datuk Maruan Mohd Said, the Chief Operating Officer of Naza Quest, to Datuk Amar Singh, the Acting Kuala Lumpur Police...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience