Diy : Superlon Installation

IronJ

Known Member
Oct 6, 2004
khguan is rite... it's about 8" for the diameter... although it's 30m but it's not so big also lar... it's very thin... about 1 to 2mm only...

gogsard

Known Member
Nov 27, 2004
Which side is you suppose to glue the Superlon ? The smooth or the groovy part ?

Vincew

Known Member
Dec 6, 2004
Hi All,

I just completed my Wira Sedan (Roof, Floor & Bonet) Yesterday (2 days).

Made some mistakes while tryingto remove the carpet and roof panel.

Short memo:
1) Place back the same screw to the same hole after the part has been removed.(After remove the seat screw the Bolt and nuts back to the chasis. do not mix)

2) Removed all seat and detach all support Panel (Except A pillar) before remove the Roof board.

3) For the A pillar just pull the top (near the roof) out a bit about 40 deg. (Do not detach the whole panel)

More memo next time. (Boss call for meeting)

Thank to All who contribute to this thread as it help me to Diy my car. :D

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by gogsard@Nov 29 2004, 14:46
Which side is you suppose to glue the Superlon ? The smooth or the groovy part ?
either wan

face the foam side to the noise side.
then glue the opposite side lo..

Vincew

Known Member
Dec 6, 2004
Tried to install 6 mm to the door panel. Stuck because can not fit in the door. Will try again later.

But i did bitumen on the inside of the door, cleaning the inside area with thinner and paper towel. I put 5 strips with three layers. Door sound now very solid.

I forgot to comment on the result which the roof, under carpet and boot. The interior is very quite now, less motobike sound.

BTW i am in IPOH. Thanks Ninja for the advice.

PS: Can you show us how to doo the door panel and where the material needs to be trimmed to prevent PVC panel form being stuck.

takumi86

Known Member
Dec 8, 2004
Puchong
hi.. just joined this forum! ;)

Vincew,
waah.. just bitumen door sound can very solid meh? :)
btw, quite blur wiz bitumen!!.. how it looks like?
any pic??.. buy from hardware?.. just say bitumen strips
anyone can understand??.. :(

TQ! TQ! :D :D :D :D