DIY relocate emblem

12savefuel

Known Member
Dec 10, 2008
My Cefiro and 20G emblem was in the wrong position as the previous owner repainted the car and the painter didn't stick it back the right way. Also the adhesive also was coming off as they used poor quality double side foam tape.

So since the emblem was coming off might as well do it properly once and for all. Bought 3M Heavy Duty tape (the grey stuff with red plastic film) for rm17.50 from tesco. It was a pain to cut the tape to the correct shape but at the end I manage to do it. Wasn't perfect but good enough.

1. To remove the old emblem I just used dental floss, slot it behind the emblem aand the tape nd start cutting the tape with the dental floss.

2. Remove adhesive tape using lighter fluid. I used a plastic scraper to help remove all the adhesive. The blue plastic tool you actually see there is a plastic automotive clip removal tool made by JTC and come in 5 different shapes and sizes. But have to be careful not to scrap too hard and inflict deep marring on the clear coat.

3. With all the adhesive removed, its time to clean the paint and do correction. I used an RB with LC white pad and Osren Crystal Cut 3.0. Took about 3 passes to finish it. Didn't bother to finish with a black pad as the clear is quite hard and couldn't really see any holograms or swirls left by the correction.

4. Clean the surface with IPA ready for sticking the emblem.

5. Measure up, get your lines straight and stick the emblem and you're done.

Removing adhesive

Adhesive removed

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

Correction finished

Relocation complete

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
since you already have remove the badging, you should have put 3.0 V6 badge instead....:biggrin:

12savefuel

Known Member
Dec 10, 2008
since you already have remove the badging, you should have put 3.0 V6 badge instead....:biggrin:
No lah I like things original and I already have a 3.0 V6 A32, so no need. Moreover malu lah also, for those who are into cefiros they will know its a 2.0L.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My kancil L5 JBJL which the ekzos warning light is on. and i feel the fuel consumption was so high at the moment RM10 around 40-45KM avg...previous can go for 60-70KM any problem with my engine? any suggestion from Sifu2? TQ

FYI, I just done my GB conversation Manual ---> Auto.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience