DIY projects

saru-kun

Known Member
Jan 4, 2004
PJ
saru-kun.blogspot.com
- D i a b l o - said:
er taiko,what is Boost Creep? care to elaborate?
is it got anyy thing to do with those "Scramble Boost" thing from the MCR Skyline GTR r34 in BMI epi 27 ?
You could try googling certain stuff that eludes you next time. The internet is an excellent information treasure chest :_:

Anyhows, I found certain links that explains boost creep for you;
http://www.allpar.com/mopar/boost-creep.html
http://dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=109324

Hope it helps.

Cheers

Erix7

Known Member
Oct 11, 2004
Visit site
joe13 said:
3. Lazy Man's Simplified Sequential
Ease of Mod : 3.5 / 5 (No Problems, do your research first)
Cost of Mod : 3.5 / 5 (Relatively Cheap, you need 6ft 4mm silicon vacuum hose, 2 large rubber plugs, 3 medium size rubber plugs, 4 small 4mm rubber plugs, 3 custom block off plates, 1 tube RTV silicon seal
Should you do it : This is a modified version of the simplified sequential mod... here, the actual rats nest is retained, should you do it? well... it depends on how anal you are with your FD
What's involved : Removal of AVC & all related hard pipes, Removal of 4 solenoids, Removal of Secondary Butterflys & all related hardware, Removal of all Heater Coolant hoses, Complete elimination of TB coolant system
Pros : Car feels smoother, Boost Creep ( :biggrin: ), Engine bay is relatively cleaner, Car feels quicker ( :rolleyes: , maybe butt dyno is being phychologically misled here...)
Cons : Horrible smell of unburnt petrol due to removal of FPR solenoid (but some ppl actually like this smell, so to each his own), Boost Creep ( :frown: ), nothing else SO FAR...

sorry to bother, but dun really understand this..
mind to explain more on this?? thanks..

oh yeah..wats the suitable aftermaerket wastegate for FD?
wats the size...more infos plz..

joe13

Known Member
May 15, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Erix7 said:
sorry to bother, but dun really understand this..
mind to explain more on this?? thanks..

oh yeah..wats the suitable aftermaerket wastegate for FD?
wats the size...more infos plz..
err... which part you dont understand?

FD standard twins utilizes internal wastegate, you cant replace that. the only thing you can do with it, is porting. With aftermarket (read: bigger) turbines, size of wastegate depends on the turbine size. you gotta know what turbine you wanna run (read: what kinda power you want to achieve), before knowing which wastegate is "suitable".

Erix7

Known Member
Oct 11, 2004
Visit site
ahh ic..thanks..

i dun understand "lazy man's sequential"

does it mean u made to to non sequential??

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
thats right. joe is running non-sequential. both turbos come on at the same time.

Alchemis

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2005
quick question..
when the air pump is removed... shall i cap the hose to the engine ? or i put a small shield and remain it to be breathable ?

i'm refering to the output of the air pump... the input is from the air intake... out put is somewhere into the engine... shall i cap that ? or leave it breathing ?

joe13

Known Member
May 15, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Alchemis said:
quick question..
when the air pump is removed... shall i cap the hose to the engine ? or i put a small shield and remain it to be breathable ?

i'm refering to the output of the air pump... the input is from the air intake... out put is somewhere into the engine... shall i cap that ? or leave it breathing ?
you can cap this thing off, up to you. It actually leads to no where, if you've removed your cats. either way, it really makes no difference if you cap it or not. however, if you choose not to cap it, you're car will make a "mooo" type sound when its cold. the other (& more complicated) option would be to remove the hard pipes & related hardware. You'd need to fabricate block off plates to block off (duh!) the holes where the pipes once were. plus side, the engine bay looks SO much cleaner.

alex_77

Known Member
Mar 14, 2005
joe13 said:
1. Remove Air Pump
Ease of Mod : 4 / 5 (Easy)
Cost of Mod : 4 / 5 (Cheap Cheap)
Mod's Value : 4 / 5 (For the minimal effort you have to put in, this is one heck of a "value buy" mod
Should you do it : Hell yeah
Pros : Quicker engine response, Engine Bay looks SO much cleaner
Cons : U're choking good ol' mother earth quicker, but no diff if your main cat's gone

some qus about this,,,when i pull out the air pump wire the RPM will drop.izzt normal or i need to adjust it back n where i need to adjust???my car already didnt have cat ,just wana make engine bay look more clean .is that ok ?have any side effect??

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
alex- just plug up the hardpipes going to cat. have you removed the airpump completely?

alex_77

Known Member
Mar 14, 2005
phat7 said:
alex- just plug up the hardpipes going to cat. have you removed the airpump completely?
my car already didnt have cat liao,then how ah??hihi n i didnt remove completely i just plug out the wire socket!!!hehe..

joe13

Known Member
May 15, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
when you pull the cable, nothing should happen, as your cat is already missing, and the airpump is literally sitting there doing nothing. there is no side effect from removing the air pump at this point of time, as i've stated, you have no cat, hence, air pump = dead weight. if you just plug out the wire socket, there really is no benefit to this. the main reason why ppl remove the airpump is to 1. reduce weight (hunk of iron IS heavy), less 1 pulley, less one heat soaking unit, and for the fact that its sitting there doing nothing, its can be considered junk anyways.

RERider

Aug 7, 2004
Putrajaya
DIY Day/Class

Planning to have a DIY day. Anyone?

Date: 6th August 2006
Time: TBA
Tools: Bring some light tools

1. RERider
2. Sarakun aka Alex ??
3. Chun Beng?? want me to show u how to do a heat shield??

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

3.24% at best. lol. I’m sure removing your spare tire (either in the boot or on your belly) would net 3.24% faster acceleration as well.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience