DIY LED brake lights. Need help.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Stupidcar, just helping out fellow forummers here....next time belanaj me teh tarik la...Muahahaha

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Stupidcar, just helping out fellow forummers here....next time belanaj me teh tarik la...Muahahaha
Must be a really good cup of teh tarik for you to come up from the south.....:driver::biggrin:
Haha Why didn't you guys appear earlier, especially TR? :bawling:
I was damn eager to do this, so I failed.
Teh Tarik cannn. :biggrin:

So 1 Watt is enough?

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

It's big already what.

Oh ya, the black thing is what?
I'm reading back everything.
And if without the black thing. Will it short it when both side are on? :confused:

Last edited:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Bro., I am not into electronics and I know that is the driver they were talking about, because connection is brake light with tail light function.....:biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Oh ya, the black thing is what?
I'm reading back everything.
And if without the black thing. Will it short it when both side are on? :confused:
That black thing is a diode. It controls the flow of electrons so it doesn't go back. I would say without the diode there'll be a short circuit everytime your brakes go on.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
That black thing is a diode. It controls the flow of electrons so it doesn't go back. I would say without the diode there'll be a short circuit everytime your brakes go on.
LED is a diode too :biggrin: Light emitting diode haha

cabut !

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
LED is a diode too :biggrin: Light emitting diode haha

cabut !
Yeah. What diode dei.
I don't think LEDs restrict the flow of electrons. They just emit light as a side effect. I don't know what you call the black diode, the line around the top indicates the direction of the electron flow. That's about all I know. :ahhhhh:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I don't think LEDs restrict the flow of electrons. They just emit light as a side effect. I don't know what you call the black diode, the line around the top indicates the direction of the electron flow. That's about all I know. :ahhhhh:
IT JUST HIT ME! I REALIZED WHAT I DID WRONG!
I connect pos to pos and neg to neg.
While the diagram shows pos to neg. Alamak. So thats series circuit!

:stupid::banghead:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

More shots from this past weekends Mazda RX-7 gathering at the Malacca International Trade Center. The event was attended by drivers of other car manufacturers, all in the spirit of automotive fun. The event was organised by the RX-7 Club of Malaysia...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience