[DIY] Flush ATF and change filter

Kevinho

Known Member
Mar 4, 2018
Puchong
Oh heck no.. the amount of force in a spring is enough to destroy a lot of things. Besides, if you change the absorber mounting and absorber you need an alignment. Might as well get the suspension swapped out at a reputable tyre shop or one that you know in person.

ATF and all - easy. Just need to set a date/time. 2000km isn't a lot to exceed ATF unless you're telling me you've been running it 100k km la.
:adore::laugh: lol. Noted man. No worries.
My brother bought over the myvi dy that means i'll be using another car. Maybe we can do the atf cooler onto the other car lol.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
:adore::laugh: lol. Noted man. No worries.
My brother bought over the myvi dy that means i'll be using another car. Maybe we can do the atf cooler onto the other car lol.
Very easy. commmee

Oh wait.. what car is it first? Some cars need a special adapter to fit a cooler.

Kevinho

Known Member
Mar 4, 2018
Puchong
ahhh, its a 2010 vios model J spec
something that looks like this lol.

I was thinking maybe can convert the rear drum brakes to disc brake as well lol and add fog lights infront.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
ahhh, its a 2010 vios model J spec
something that looks like this lol.
J-Spec is the kosong spec. Manual or auto? The J-Spec I'd do soundproofing. Very noisy compared to the G or S spec.

I think its VVT-i
CVT is a type of auto gearbox la. There are a few types of automatic gearboxes, torque converter (traditional type), CVT (seamless shifter), DCT, etc etc. The newest Vios is CVT. Your model aka the "dugong" model is torque converter if it's auto.

I was thinking maybe can convert the rear drum brakes to disc brake as well lol and add fog lights infront.
This is easy provided you can find the disc, hub, caliper etc from a s-spec vios. If you're looking to custom fit some other brand one - good luck with customization.

Kevinho

Known Member
Mar 4, 2018
Puchong
:adore::adore:
J-Spec is the kosong spec. Manual or auto? The J-Spec I'd do soundproofing. Very noisy compared to the G or S spec

CVT is a type of auto gearbox la. There are a few types of automatic gearboxes, torque converter (traditional type), CVT (seamless shifter), DCT, etc etc. The newest Vios is CVT. Your model aka the "dugong" model is torque converter if it's auto.
This is easy provided you can find the disc, hub, caliper etc from a s-spec vios. If you're looking to custom fit some other brand one - good luck with customization.
Ooooo teach me, anointed one :adore: lol.
Oh yea,continuos variable transmission, I got it mixed up with DVVT & VVTi, that's the thing that controls the valves. When you guys gonna do a DIY session. I needa save some money to buy the parts lol.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
:adore::adore:

Ooooo teach me, anointed one :adore: lol.
Oh yea,continuos variable transmission, I got it mixed up with DVVT & VVTi, that's the thing that controls the valves. When you guys gonna do a DIY session. I needa save some money to buy the parts lol.
buy first then only we plan la.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys...

does anyone here recommend TRD Suspension Kit...this would be for a MyVi...the kit is being retailed for RM2500...was considering between this, Titan (RM2000) and GAB...please advise and give your personal reviews...

i have used Titan before on my kelisa and loved them...but it was rather hard...sacrificing comfort quite a bit...the goal im hoping to get is to have improved handling with reasonable comfort since the MyVi is not really meant for cornering...just want to improve...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience