[DIY] : Florescent color rims.

Amar Gencos

Known Member
Jan 27, 2008
rossobloggy.blogspot.com
Subject : Dull 15' Fondmetal wheels.

The first step is to clean up the wheels. Use a detergent to make sure there is no dirt or oil left.

Sand it like there's no tomorrow. Just a light pressure is enough to wash away the top layer of the paint.

After that, dried it up and it is ready to be painted.

The spray cans consist of Flat White, Florescent Orange and the other that I forgot to buy is Clear Coat. The reason I choose Flat White as a primer is because flat color usually has rough surface, and white color will reflex the florescent color quite well and it is much easier to detect the unevenness when you are spraying the orange color.

Flat White as a primer. 4-5 layers should be enough. As for me, 1 can is for 2 wheels, so I just sprayed it layer by layer till the can is empty. Put more layer at the lip and the bolt area coz that is the usual place that will be scratched. The reason I didn't tape up the tires are because that is a set of bald tires that will be changed soon. Save up some of my time too.

Check for bubbles or unevenness at each layer. Sand it lightly to remove it.

The hard part is the first layer of Orange. Check out the unevenness. Well, the solution for this problem is just to wait for it to dry. Then touch up the area that is still in white color till every part of the rims have the same color. The color is too bright till my camera cant really focus on it.

Spray, spray and keep spraying.

And the results? Oh, don't forget to spray a few layer of clear coat so that the rims will be shining and less brake dust will stick.

Since my car will be white, it should turn up like this.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Very very nice....

jeyadev

Known Member
Mar 7, 2006
damn... really really looks like the Tamiya 4WD wheels...

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
Very bright colour .. last time you diy the gti for getz , how long did the paint last ?

Amar Gencos

Known Member
Jan 27, 2008
rossobloggy.blogspot.com
The GTi rims was two years ago. Still shining till today. Somehow the rims are scratch resistance. No crack no scratch.

Well, Im tryin to be different from other KE70. That's all with the florescent =P

johnkor

Known Member
Oct 8, 2008
Wow farking glaring man !:thefinger::thefinger::thefinger:
if u do the Lip Rim Fluorescent than is still looks fine but u go do the whole rim like that So irritating :banghead::banghead:

mokomoko

500 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
More flourescent goodness

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
should remove the bald tire before spraying he paint. You can paint at the inner lip area for better finish.

I worry If you remove the tyre later and install a new tyre, the ppl at tyre shop may accidently scratch the new paint....

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
Whats the exact name of the G35 rims? I mean is that 2 piece rim with stretched tires? Or i has its own name/term?

Amar Gencos

Known Member
Jan 27, 2008
rossobloggy.blogspot.com
should remove the bald tire before spraying he paint. You can paint at the inner lip area for better finish.

I worry If you remove the tyre later and install a new tyre, the ppl at tyre shop may accidently scratch the new paint....
No mood la to go to tyre shop since my car is not around. Lost all the mood.

:P

Will told them to be xtra careful.

-The stretched tire term = Hippari

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

All the sifus in here.....you all really know what yur talking about so i was hoping you all could just giveme some advice...by the way im new in here ...

I drive a Wira SE auto (1.5)....i have chnaged to K&N filter and also remove my cat conv...so far the results were marginal...i was wondering whether i should remove my mid box as well and replace with a bullet....im actually looking for better performance and also a louder (basier) sound...will removing the mid box help? i was told auto...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience