DIY door courtesy light on each door passenger

feipepe

Known Member
May 12, 2010
balakong
hi to every one bro,
currently i tried to diy the Door Courtesy light Switch on my beloved ae101 at each 4 side door passenger. but after finish lay the wire to lamp and power supply 12vdc. what happening is when i open of the sides passenger door, another 3 pcs light also will be on. therefore i suspect there are something wrong on my looping wire or may be need changes the door courtesy switch have 2 ways to control. below are the link info regard the 2 ways control door courtesy switch.

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/toyota/209096-toyota-looking-for-parts-post-here-100.html

therefore i open this threads hope can get advice from any sifoo had been done the door courtesy light and share to us... pls help, i already headache to solve the problem.

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
Could you check again the link you gave...
it points to " [Toyota] Looking for parts ? - Post here !!! " thread...

feipepe

Known Member
May 12, 2010
balakong
in fact, 4age 20v manual didnt show any door switch diagram.that's y hard to diy. right now one of door passenger open, all 4 door passenger also on the light. i also dunno y...

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
The door switch is open 1 door dash will blink door open, its 1 door for all not 1 door each. If u wan each door then u need to tap each switch individually (+ to power n - to switch on the body)

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
u wanna light on the door that's open or not closed properly, right?

u need another set of open/close switch sensor that will on/off ur courtesy light on the door itself..

if u use the ones u have, all 4 doors will light on/off..

Just my 2 cents :biggrin:

Gudluck :burnout:

Last edited:

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
Hi Peace be upon you,

Could you give us the details on the wiring...?
How do you add the lamp and why did you add another 12v power supply ?

If not mistaken,for the door courtesy switch ...from the main connector, called Instrument Panel Junction Block, there's only 1 wire goes into each of the door courtesy switch...then the most important thing you need to do, is to tighten the screw, to make sure the grounding of the door courtesy switch are connected...

Toyota wiring a bit weird ...grounding are VERY important...even one single screw holding the grounding wire not properly tighten , your instrument would go crazy...happened to me...a single nut, size 10' near to the main fuse box loosen...it makes my wiper, meter, meter lights and others went crazy...

good luck on your DIY

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey all sifu,

I plan to install emanage into my 6A12TT engine.... can anyone advise how the performance that punch out from it?? and do it got any problem after install it?

plz advise..... tq:help:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience