DIY - Cooler AirCon for FREE

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
same as mine... :biggrin: :driver:

2 main fan running for radiator...

another one in front of a/c condenser coil.....

if a/c not on...during rising radiator temp, only 2 fan will be running.....

if a/c compressor kick in, all 3 fan will be running.....so now even in hot sunny day stuck in traffic jam also no worries a/c not cool enough :rofl:
INside car also install one fan, then cooler air cond :biggrin:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
INside car also install one fan, then cooler air cond :biggrin:

actually i really do got one....

its for my baby..fan pointed to her restraining chair..bcoz of the chair tilted position, the a/c vent not pointing directly to her.....so the purpose of small-usb fan to re-direct chilled air to her :nurse:

ericmaxman

Senior Newbie
Jul 18, 2008
Kuala Lumpur

if a/c compressor kick in, all 3 fan will be running.....so now even in hot sunny day stuck in traffic jam also no worries a/c not cool enough :rofl:
Hot sunny day okay, but mine got slight overheat when stuck inside SMART tunnel :banghead:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

hon_cs

Known Member
Jan 23, 2004
Ipoh
Very technical info from cvkit leh. I just put the pic here so ppl can understand better. Basically the blue part need to be insulated to get maximum cooling effect rite?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
bonnet lift! bonnet lift! :listen:
Mine lift on the left side, because of the dent on my bonnet, cannot fully close tight, The front grille making it pop up a bit LOL!

Very technical info from cvkit leh. I just put the pic here so ppl can understand better. Basically the blue part need to be insulated to get maximum cooling effect rite?

Blue one is the one that is fatter pipe right? In other words cold pipe line?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

For my Chery SUV the compressor is in the front near the grill so the hose from firewall to the compressor is long and uses aluminum instaed of rubber hose so got plenty to insulate, but for my VR the compressor is located at the back of the engine near the firewall, therefore the hose from the firewall to the compressor is very short and already using rubber hose, so nothing much can insulate....:driver:

mosesmk

Known Member
Feb 21, 2012
Selangor

but now my wife complaint too cold at night. Even the temp dial only at 9 o'clock position. Especially when out station where the journey take longer time.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
but now my wife complaint too cold at night. Even the temp dial only at 9 o'clock position. Especially when out station where the journey take longer time.

haha....me will set at lowest setting so the compressor only work momentarily and then cut

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

How much u got the extra fan and wiring?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines