DIY - CAI with Heat shield xD

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
Hi, I actually completed this DIY 2 weeks back with some forummers n friends support. I used to have CAI but I figured i need to refresh and re-do it despite being itchy hands... :driver:

First, was the hardest to do, cut the tupperware on the side and under for the air filter and air funnel. Having it made to fit without proper measuring tool was a challenge. But good judging skills I might add....hehe. Noticed the yellow duck tape? it was giving way...so this was my solution.

Next is a picture of the under side of the tupperware(heat shield) which the CAI hose will lead to the front of the car. You can clearly see the funnel thats tight fitted with the tupperware so there will be very minimum hot air leaks into the air filter.

Side view

Under side view

This hose will trail to side corner of my bumper and come up to the back of my front bumper. Due to irregular height, I slit 3 small holes at the apex of the hose 'U-ish' bend for water repellency.(pic not included but i hope you get the idea)

What? what the eff funnel is that you ask? its an industrial ceiling down lamp shade made of zinc i think...i had it for some years and finally found use for it. I sprayed it black and attached a wiremesh at the small end to prevent funny things entering the CAI hose. Here's the front view.

The reason i don't make a cover for this heat shield is because when i close my bonnet, the superlon underneath the bonnet that acts as a cover for it! Tried n tested n approved! Plus, its good to have some air circulation rather than have the air filter breath thru a straw all the time right? Anyways, when moving, can say most of the air sucked by the filter is from the CAI.

Many thanks for the 2 buddies that came help me out,:adore: before you came, i was re-wiring my ground cables And removing unnecessary stuff from the engine bay. now looks alot neater and cleaner.:slug:

CAI - RM40 courtesy of Skywalker (I still have a metre. RM20 who wants? lelong!!!)
Tupperware - RM5 :proud:
Funnel - FOC (found it lying around the mall) 5 inch > 2 inch diameter! thats alot of air!:driver:

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

Last edited:
Reactions: dwen

Nobody
Helmet Clan
Dec 21, 2005
Thanks for sharing

No wonder your car so fast!

khoo198

1,500 RPM
Feb 11, 2009
N9
5115:now it should be more faster then last time during our convoy to seremban...:biggrin:
tht 1 is dim sum tupper ware kot.......:hmmmm:

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
still slow la....adoi~

5115 - loose bugging me to share...i wanna keep secret wan...hehe

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

khoo - i guess so, i bought at old town tupperware shop... xD

mokomoko

500 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
next time i go get the char kuey teow funnel, fight your CAI

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
i'd like to see it happen...haha....the plastic soup bowl...xD

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
oh~~unker you are such a naughty and bad guy....I like:adore::adore: your style...Muahahaha

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

me again..hehe...can we diy spacer for pcd100?? if buy too expensive la.want my rim 2 out a bit,hitting fender la. summore want 2 look more garang.

i got very high quality aluminium 1" thick. can use for this or not?? got any side effect to my driving or the rim or even the tyres??

really need a cifus here.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience