DIY - CAI for Saga LMST stock filter box

LAWRENCE_Q

Feb 13, 2004
nice job, dude!

CAI oso come to my mind for my iswara coz i met those hose in a hardware shop, but wondering the space for piping route!but ur project got enlight my plan a bit!

jaywat

Jan 9, 2005
Actually got a few ways to do it one, this is just one of them. :D

jaywat

Jan 9, 2005
Another way is using a thin and flat scoop, mounted on top of aircon fan, (like the one myvi using). Like this, cool air will ram into the intake through the tight opening of the bonnet, eventually gain cool air also. hehe

siong

Nov 14, 2005
i read until now i still don understand how to do... can anybody plz plz plz plz teach me how to do step by step??? sob!

nitrus

Nov 14, 2005
siong .. firstly u must know ...

CAI is just a hose. (in this case)

one end of the hose, face oncoming air in front of your car (or anywhere else u can think) .. the other end, facing your OpenPod airfilter, or fit into your stock airfilter boz/rampipe...

its just to draw cool air from outside... its that simple.

there r many ways to put the hose ,, jack up your car, dont be lazy n be creative ... its very very simple... good luck!

p/s : jayway's CAI is on a carb car .. ur car if Fuel Injection car might be different abit.. but jaywat ady show u eevry step ady ..

siong

Nov 14, 2005
mine is carb.. er.. bro i din change my air filter... mine is stock air filter... nth changed.. will it affect my fuel consumption? my saga fuel consumption very high.. anyway to lower it? haha.. special thanks to brother nitrus... i think i know what to do ade..

nitrus

Nov 14, 2005
siong said:
mine is carb.. er.. bro i din change my air filter... mine is stock air filter... nth changed.. will it affect my fuel consumption? my saga fuel consumption very high.. anyway to lower it? haha.. special thanks to brother nitrus... i think i know what to do ade..
oooo stock airfilter ar ... then ok wan la, just follow jaywat's way la...

i dunno how to lower saga fuel consumption ... my RM50 can go 350km or slightly more .. so u think ur FC high anot? :biggrin:
welcome la bro, last time also i din noe how to do my CAI , the ppl here helped me ... all very nice ppl.
have fun learning!

CAI can reduce ur FC a little bit.... but the improvement is vr vr minor only lar... the most gain u'll get is during hot sunny day.... ur CAI will draw cooler and denser air from outside... cooler air are denser, thus more O2 to burn... result, more power....

siong

Nov 14, 2005
nitrus said:
oooo stock airfilter ar ... then ok wan la, just follow jaywat's way la...

i dunno how to lower saga fuel consumption ... my RM50 can go 350km or slightly more .. so u think ur FC high anot? :biggrin:
welcome la bro, last time also i din noe how to do my CAI , the ppl here helped me ... all very nice ppl.
have fun learning!
bro.. mine is somewhere around ur distance..my 45 is 300... i don really speed...fuel price going up!!!..... saddening... thanks again nitrus... eh anyway u know where can i get the pipe? im from penang...

nitrus

Nov 14, 2005
siong said:
bro.. mine is somewhere around ur distance..my 45 is 300... i don really speed...fuel price going up!!!..... saddening... thanks again nitrus... eh anyway u know where can i get the pipe? im from penang...
ninja_iga on ZTH here is selling the vinyl hose... PM him la...

SuperDuper

Sep 25, 2004
Klang Klang Klang
skywalker, i was wondering, if the hose is very near to the ground, will any dust or somethng like stone will go in2 the filter also?

nitrus

Nov 14, 2005
SuperDuper said:
i was wondering, if the hose is very near to the ground, will any dust or somethng like stone will go in2 the filter also?
depends la.. each person's car diff right?
if u think tat stone will go in, then put netting or something at the entrance of the CAI .. but normally won't wan la ... how rocks can fly up from the front of the car without your wheels rolling on them right? hahaa..

if u worry bout dusts, wat is ur air filter for?

use ur logical judgements to make ur CAI... sure boleh punya

SuperDuper said:
skywalker, i was wondering, if the hose is very near to the ground, will any dust or somethng like stone will go in2 the filter also?
dont worry la bro... stone wont be that capable to go up vertically through the twist and turn of my CAI hose.... for dust, yes....
even if dust gets to ur air filter, of coz the air filter will filter it mah... thats the use of the filter rite....:regular_smile:
if u still worry, put mesh grill at the CAI hose entrance lorr.... but it will decrease the amount of air entering...:regular_smile:

Good day

Assuming i already have a paint code, lets say i have a Lexus Paint Code Glacier Frost Mica (Paint Code 074).

Which / where is the best shop that i can send my car to for repaint to this EXACT same color as if it was out form the factory ?

(Within KL/PJ Area, and for reasonable price -meaning not dirt cheap, but not dirt expensive)? Would appreciate any recommendaitons. THanks guys !