Diy : Air Twister - Swirl The Air !

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL

Why spin the air ? Spinning air provide a faster and cooler flow into your RAM pipe and Air Intake.

Steps.
1. Remove the fan
2. Cut off the middle part of the fan to create a round hole with blades attached
3. Use nail clipper, file the inside of the hole to make it smooth
4. Use nail clipper, trim the fan blades a bit (Especially if the blade is close to each other)
5. Stuff it in your RAM pipe. 3 inch.. should fit perfectly.
6. Use Double sided tape, stick on the wall of the RAM pipe to prevent the fan from moving.. DONE.. Test the difference.. If the car is sludgish... You need to Trim the blade more..

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
I recieved lot of arguement on this DIY and the concept of air twisters. They did make a lot of sense in their arguement which I accept.

Anyway. For those who wanted to test those Air Twisting Products out there but do not want to burn their pockets. Here is an option to DIY ... A very CHEAP option.

------------

Anyway.. I install it in :

- My own car (Of Course)
- 2 X Wira 1.5 GL Manual

All of them gave positive feedbacks...

-------------

Cost of Project.. RM 5 - 10 for Second Hand / SPoiled COmputer FAN.

REMEMBER : FAN is NOT SPINNING.

khorlin

Nov 19, 2003
Firstly i would like to thanks Mr Lam for his good job installing the Air Twister.

Firstly i was scaptical, but when thought about it, what the hack, just DO IT. Its quite cheap anyway.

Went there and installation took just a few minute. GREAT JOB.

Workmanship 1 class.

I went off shifting gears.

First few minute - Tried it, Does not feel anything, Mr Lam said have to used high gear. OK Maybe no road for me to test.

Next day travel to KL. immediately could feel the diffecence, especially at high gear. You just accelerate and just press minimum gas to maintain 110km/h its quite amazing.

It works just like an auto. Very hard to tell you, At 4 or 5 gear you save petrol, and milage is important.

Its cheap and it WORKS...:)

BEST BEST product.

regards,
khorlin

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
Originally posted by khorlin@Feb 26 2004, 10:09 AM
Firstly i would like to thanks Mr Lam for his good job installing the Air Twister.

Firstly i was scaptical, but when thought about it, what the hack, just DO IT. Its quite cheap anyway.

Went there and installation took just a few minute. GREAT JOB.

Workmanship 1 class.

I went off shifting gears.

First few minute - Tried it, Does not feel anything, Mr Lam said have to used high gear. OK Maybe no road for me to test.

Next day travel to KL. immediately could feel the diffecence, especially at high gear. You just accelerate and just press minimum gas to maintain 110km/h its quite amazing.

It works just like an auto. Very hard to tell you, At 4 or 5 gear you save petrol, and milage is important.

Its cheap and it WORKS...:)

BEST BEST product.

regards,
khorlin
Thanks for your review khorlin.

For you guys' information, khorlin's wira is using standard airbox. The FAN is inserted exactly after the drop-in-filter in the BOX it self. Surprisingly, the swirl works even with standard S-Curve pipe.

andykow

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
bryan90,
yes the fan isn't moving or spinning....the objective is to help swirl the air.

correct me if i'm wrong.

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
Originally posted by bryan90s+Feb 26 2004, 10:23 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bryan90s @ Feb 26 2004, 10:23 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-johnsonlam@Feb 26 2004, 09:45 AM
??
i got confused :huh: [/b][/quote]
Yup.

As andykow just replied. The fan helps the air to swirl when entering the RAM pipe. The fan is stationary.

BlackHD

Known Member
Jan 29, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by bryan90s+Feb 26 2004, 10:23 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bryan90s @ Feb 26 2004, 10:23 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-johnsonlam@Feb 26 2004, 09:45 AM
??
i got confused :huh: [/b][/quote]
bro, means the fan is fixed there... not required to spin because this is not turbocharging mechanism. what they need is just the "fin" on the fan to tweeze the air, so fixed position will do.

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
Originally posted by BlackHD+Feb 26 2004, 10:32 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BlackHD @ Feb 26 2004, 10:32 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by bryan90s@Feb 26 2004, 10:23 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-johnsonlam
@Feb 26 2004, 09:45 AM

??
i got confused :huh:
bro, means the fan is fixed there... not required to spin because this is not turbocharging mechanism. what they need is just the "fin" on the fan to tweeze the air, so fixed position will do. [/b][/quote]
Yup. Like 'SURBO' :)
That's where I got the idea from.

BlackHD

Known Member
Jan 29, 2004
Visit site
johnson,

why don't you use metal plate and cut it like a surbo, then fix with a round rubber ring to hold the position? i think it cost about RM10 only.

pc fan position will move if you're high rev'in, plus the heat inside your air ram, the double tape will not give a good effect.

Angelz

Known Member
Jan 5, 2004
ohh no.... JL i tot all this while the fan spins.. haha but just oni read properly that it does orh..

btw u said if sluggish then trim but then how much to trim..?

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
Originally posted by BlackHD@Feb 26 2004, 10:41 AM
johnson,

why don't you use metal plate and cut it like a surbo, then fix with a round rubber ring to hold the position? i think it cost about RM10 only.

pc fan position will move if you're high rev'in, plus the heat inside your air ram, the double tape will not give a good effect.
Well. Why I use fan ? Because I found it lying aroung in my room.

The double sided tape, it's used to tap on the RAM pipe wall. I use 3M tapes.. The hotter, the better bond..

This setup, I used it for almost 1 year now.

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
Originally posted by Angelz@Feb 26 2004, 11:47 AM
ohh no.... JL i tot all this while the fan spins.. haha but just oni read properly that it does orh..

btw u said if sluggish then trim but then how much to trim..?
After installing the fan, you must dirve about to test it. Try the high rev and top speed.. IF the fins are to tight to each other.. (Like what I experience first time)... The REV will cut at around 4,000 rpm... Impossible to climb anymore.

So, you trim the fins, making them smaller.. / sharper... then test again..

Note : the centre piece of the fan is removed.

kelisa6009

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 20, 2003
Penang Kia
JL

when wan to add few car in your list? once get the fan, i will call you lar...i guess i got few car that wanted to do..but do u have extra fan ah? buy fro u lar if u have...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guys i'm sorry for the language..i guess this is what happens when ur car gets broken into....everything gone...i drive a kelisa man...but i have a whole good set of ice...for me 2 listen..why steal?? fuckers...i'm so stress...they broke two of my front windows and took evetrything away...alpine 7998r,prokick mono block,6 channne infinity reference amp, box with kicker cvr woofer...and my spkr...my smart tag..son of a bitch,,,i will get u..pls keep an eye...if u see this stuff pls call...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience