Discussion: what makes a vehicle fun to drive?

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Haha, thanks for the info. Cheers Izso.

Shame to say I've never driven an FD before, but it is achingly beautiful.

IMO, fun is how a car makes me feel when I drive it. Some cars are fun at some times, but the good ones are the ones that makes you happy most of the time. For me, it's the instantaneous response you feel when you push the throttle pedal, the noise it makes when you build the revs, and the confidence it gives you to push hard during a corner. The kind of car that makes you give it a pat on the hood after a drive and say "Thank you for that!" (yes, I did that lol).

Fun is subjective after all so it's no surprise that everyone has a different view about it.

Last edited:

kobzng

Known Member
May 30, 2013
Klang
Just maybe, I've put the facts into more feeling based than technicality and specifications based.

1. The look of the car has to be sporty, fierce, special and most important the driver must be proud of it.
2. The muffler sound when you go thru LDP short tunnel or SMART tunnel then it makes you wanna drop a gear and go faster.
3. The feeling of you come out from the car when you park at mamak for TT. =D
4. The feeling of being able to keep up to another powerful car when you're cruising on highway at midnight or even daily basis =D
5. The "G" you get when you hantam SS19 corner while taking exit to federal highway.
6. The joy you get every time you wash and vacuum the car by yourself.
7. The ( SUPER JOY ) when your new date or gf actually appreciate the stuffs you do to your car and the way you drive it.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Just maybe, I've put the facts into more feeling based than technicality and specifications based.

1. The look of the car has to be sporty, fierce, special and most important the driver must be proud of it.
This one got SCOOP, sporty. Fierce.. got gigi in front, yup. Special.. of course special..its custom one off yo. Only one in the world like Ferrari p4/5

2. The muffler sound when you go thru LDP short tunnel or SMART tunnel then it makes you wanna drop a gear and go faster.

I prefer to hear the turbo spooling sound or VTEC sound or V8/10 sound, not muffler sound. Disgusting like ah beng.

3. The feeling of you come out from the car when you park at mamak for TT. =D

And people will feel like you're a cock?

4. The feeling of being able to keep up to another powerful car when you're cruising on highway at midnight or even daily basis =D
I'm quite sure that you're not keeping up to that S500, that S500 let you accompany him.

5. The "G" you get when you hantam SS19 corner while taking exit to federal highway.

6. The joy you get every time you wash and vacuum the car by yourself.
Ditto.

7. The ( SUPER JOY ) when your new date or gf actually appreciate the stuffs you do to your car and the way you drive it.
She just wants you to buy her something.

Sorry I cannot help my self. Cabut.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
ixeo pretty much sumps up everything :rofl:

keeltha

Known Member
Jan 13, 2011
Selangor
ixeo... I admire ur efforts LOL

I guess this thread shu be abt whats the factors make a car consider "fun to drive", is more about driving :tounge:

p/s: Anyway, I pay respect to all type of car enthusiast altho I onyl enjoy driving :biggrin:

k0pi

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Kota Bharu
there's another group of good, fun cars to drive...

Sleepers. There are always something hateful, yet admirable about sleeper cars... fully tuned on the power and on the handling... but leaving everything external all factory stock... even the rims and the exhaust...

all you get when the sleeper pass you by... and leave you farther behind him while you struggle at WOT in your, dynoed, 'tuned by xxxx', carbon fibre bodyparted car... dat feel of 'WTF' and wanting to laugh at what just happened... and that WTF feeling haunt you for days coz you can't exactly decide what to do.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Of course no. :bawling: But it seems to be a must thing.
Ohhhh? Different LSD maybe? 1 way, 1.5 way, 2 way.... E diff. Lol
Unless your car comes with it straight from factory, retrofitting an aftermarket LSD on a FWD will guarantee a heavy steering man. Even with power steering working.

Yee

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Anton Lavey
Izso: under normal driving, basically u won't feel any differences if the car is loaded with the Cusco 1.5way type RS LSD.. Not even a sound, unless the initial torque on the LSD been modified then maybe it's a difference story maybe. Give a try...bet u will say that's the best mod u ever had :)

As for the topic, I think...its will always fun if the driver managed to tune the car to suit their own driving style :)

kobzng

Known Member
May 30, 2013
Klang
This one got SCOOP, sporty. Fierce.. got gigi in front, yup. Special.. of course special..its custom one off yo. Only one in the world like Ferrari p4/5

I prefer to hear the turbo spooling sound or VTEC sound or V8/10 sound, not muffler sound. Disgusting like ah beng.

And people will feel like you're a cock?

I'm quite sure that you're not keeping up to that S500, that S500 let you accompany him.

Ditto.

She just wants you to buy her something.

Sorry I cannot help my self. Cabut.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: