Discussion: what makes a vehicle fun to drive?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Big power, light body, great chassis, RWD... The RX7 FD! Awesomeness in one package.

Generally though, I like lighweight feel cars and responsive handling. Power not a big deal for me as long as it's more than 1.5L. Eg - comparing the barebones soundproofing also don't have Wira sedan vs a top spec Wira sedan, the barebones one is waaaaay more lively and responsive. I like that.
RX-7 FD3S is light? Kidding right. Then Lotus Elise must be feather weight and Caterhams are weightless :P

a fully modded evo7 will fit my criteria of a fun car to drive,
1.4 door
2.turbocharged (AR70 or GT35 pls)
3.ample boot space
4.4pot brembos
5. recaro seats
6.carbon bonnet, fenders & rear boot
7.semi slick tires
8.etc..
What does "ample boot space" got to do with a car being fun to drive or not? Unless you keeping a driver in the boot, like the driver in my picture. :confused: :confused:

just look at best motoring vid.....any car they drive also looks fun and full of excitement...even with stock miata... :driver::biggrin:
Try give them stock Myvi..Kelisa..Kancil..

"Any car?" Miata is voted best sports car, most popular roadster.. why wouldn't it be fun and full of excitement?

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
RX-7 FD3S is light? Kidding right. Then Lotus Elise must be feather weight and Caterhams are weightless :P

What does "ample boot space" got to do with a car being fun to drive or not? Unless you keeping a driver in the boot, like the driver in my picture. :confused: :confused:

"Any car?" Miata is voted best sports car, most popular roadster.. why wouldn't it be fun and full of excitement?
sometimes need to balik kampung ma, spirited driving along the coastal roads of terengganu & kelantan can be fun. :rofl:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

myvi is pretty fun to drive at cornering u know..with so much bodyroll u can under or switch to over steer pretty easy with the skinny stock tyre :biggrin: :rofl: :driver: with feather weight and nimble steering plus quite ok engine torque....whats more driver want? :rofl:

keeltha

Known Member
Jan 13, 2011
Selangor
myvi is pretty fun to drive at cornering u know..with so much bodyroll u can under or switch to over steer pretty easy with the skinny stock tyre :biggrin: :rofl: :driver: with feather weight and nimble steering plus quite ok engine torque....whats more driver want? :rofl:
wow!!! My wife Myvi A/T always understeer only how u manage to make it o/steer ? please teach me! teach me! That gonna be fun !! :rofl::rofl:

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
You guys miss out something even better. Don't you remember a GT-winged surbo-charged 1.5L VVT-i boleh on 17" rims monster Vios? While blasting some Sammi Cheng techno re-mix music, smoked (or smoked by?) some RX-7s and a S15 in Ulu Yam touge? Should that be a car that 's fun (or funny?) to drive?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
You guys miss out something even better. Don't you remember a GT-winged surbo-charged 1.5L VVT-i boleh on 17" rims monster Vios? While blasting some Sammi Cheng techno re-mix music, smoked (or smoked by?) some RX-7s and a S15 in Ulu Yam touge? Should that be a car that 's fun (or funny?) to drive?
That surbo Vios geng leh..smoked RX-7 and S15...no wonder new VIOS sales is so good...
Must be because of this surbo vios advertisement. :rolleyes: :biggrin:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
wow!!! My wife Myvi A/T always understeer only how u manage to make it o/steer ? please teach me! teach me! That gonna be fun !! :rofl::rofl:
it was manual tranny with a little yank on e-brake and swing the rear using pendulum technic :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
it was manual tranny with a little yank on e-brake and swing the rear using pendulum technic :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
And then this happens

The amount of Myvi's that crash out driven by youngsters because its "fun to drive" is amazing.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
And then this happens

The amount of Myvi's that crash out driven by youngsters because its "fun to drive" is amazing.
I guess the Myvi chose the wrong long kang to use in assisting him/her in cornering like what Takumi did in Initial D...

Somehow agree what u said about the number of crashed out Myvi by youngsters.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
I guess the Myvi chose the wrong long kang to use in assisting him/her in cornering like what Takumi did in Initial D...

Somehow agree what u said about the number of crashed out Myvi by youngsters.
And then this happens

*sorry i forgot to put term: on closed circuit only :p

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Its not fun to drive... it's just cheap... distinct difference there...

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
u can have fun and laugh and cry at the same time...especially during raining season :rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear zth ppl,

I like to ask those who is already using this type of wheel spacers. I am interested to get the 25mm ones. So you guys who are using it for front and rear wheels, I want to ask doest them wobbles during highspeeds and braking ?

Thanks alot.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience