Discussion On Your Daily Ride

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
i think your car should be able to run on Ron 95, believe for most family sedan, the manufacturer would have tuned the car's ecu to adapt to lower octane fuel. Higher performance variants such as Swift Sport and Civic Type R will require at least Ron 97 as the car is tuned for that. To be safe, do check your car's handbook for manufacturer's recommendation.
ok let me search for the handbook now...

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
ok let me search for the handbook now...
cannot find anything so far. what i found is this. this is for 2004-2009 model. my model newer but still using the same engine (in fact slighly less hp than previous one), it mentioned there can use RON95. So, i guess, it should be alright to use RON95..

Attachments

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb
cannot find anything so far. what i found is this. this is for 2004-2009 model. my model newer but still using the same engine (in fact slighly less hp than previous one), it mentioned there can use RON95. So, i guess, it should be alright to use RON95..
yea, i remember the Mark X shd be able to take Ron 95... but you can try 1 tank of 97 to see how big a difference it is and whether its worth it to pay more.

My VR also 6-7km/L only.....lol
Lol yea...its quite normal for 2.0 or larger turbocharged engines especially the older ones to have FC of ard 7km/l.

Reactions: jebatdex

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Mark X compression is 12:1 but GDi engine, can drink 95 no problem. You can try 97 but IMHO not worth the price difference.

i think your car should be able to run on Ron 95, believe for most family sedan, the manufacturer would have tuned the car's ecu to adapt to lower octane fuel. Higher performance variants such as Swift Sport and Civic Type R will require at least Ron 97 as the car is tuned for that. To be safe, do check your car's handbook for manufacturer's recommendation.
For Swift Sport is a bit misconception. The fuel Ron requirement is 95-98, so minimum can still drink 95 without issues. I have tried all ron but now I just use 95 for my son's Swift Sport. In UK, most people also just fill up 95 for it.

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
yea, i remember the Mark X shd be able to take Ron 95... but you can try 1 tank of 97 to see how big a difference it is and whether its worth it to pay more.

Lol yea...its quite normal for 2.0 or larger turbocharged engines especially the older ones to have FC of ard 7km/l.
ok will try.. sure

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Toyota Camry Hybrid 2.5
Toyota Mark X
Volkswagen Passat GTi (psst the 2L, wet DSG one)
Mercedes C250
BMW 330e
Mazda CX-5 2.2D
Mazda 3
Honda CR-V 1.5T

The Passat, I wasn't ready to suffer the service centre and crap resale value. The Toyotas were too slow relative to the others at the top of the list. The Mercedes too expensive. The Mazdas not powerful enough, the Honda too uncle.

Which is why I mentioned UMW Toyota specifically, in their entire lineup other than the Toyota Camry Hybrid, the rest are utter rubbish. The CH-R is like poverty spec, no HID/LED, no adaptive cruise/auto brake, seriously... for the premium it commands over its segment peers. The Altis vs Mazda 3/Civic hahahaha, the Vios vs City.. etc.
And you went for 330e

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Not sure one tank makes any difference. Some say the ECU need to learn so best is 3 tanks, since first tank is not pure since have 95 balance in the tank, unless really empty.....hahhaha

Yah! old tech, old and worn engine some more.....drink like this..:pepsi:

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Not sure one tank makes any difference. Some say the ECU need to learn so best is 3 tanks, since first tank is not pure since have 95 balance in the tank, unless really empty.....hahhaha

Give your vr4 new ECU...hahaha..

low boost @0.77b setup

my pv6lution 45L got me around ~500km...bhp gombak > pekan speedway + 2 run > bhp gombak ....left 1bar(fuel indicator..140kmh cruise @ ~4k rpm

daily drive klang > shahpadu highwah > nkve >damansara 20l only last me 4 trip/ 2days sahaja...haha

:driver:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Give your vr4 new ECU...hahaha..

low boost @0.77b setup

my pv6lution 45L got me around ~500km...bhp gombak > pekan speedway + 2 run > bhp gombak ....left 1bar(fuel indicator..140kmh cruise @ ~4k rpm

daily drive klang > shahpadu highwah > nkve >damansara 20l only last me 4 trip/ 2days sahaja...haha

:driver:
Mine only 0.6 leh.......hahhahhahaha

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Reactions: RENESIS VIII

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb

Yea, the ecu may not adapt so quickly. Alternatively you can disconnect your battery for an hour to reset your ecu but then some of the settings in your car may run, your radio, steering control, ICE set up.

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb
02754961-1022-42F8-B19C-C83C2A42A77D.jpeg
Yea, the ecu may not adapt so quickly. Alternatively you can disconnect your battery for an hour to reset your ecu but then some of the settings in your car may run, your radio, steering control, ICE set up.
Mine only 0.6 leh.......hahhahhahaha
Yet to get a boost control so far, so the only way to artificially control my boost is through the different SI-Drive modes which alter the throttle response affecting the boost level. The I-Mode which typically keeps my boost below 0.5 bar can feel quite sluggish to drive.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Yet to get a boost control so far, so the only way to artificially control my boost is through the different SI-Drive modes which alter the throttle response affecting the boost level. The I-Mode which typically keeps my boost below 0.5 bar can feel quite sluggish to drive.
Sports mode all the time man. Actually what does it alter? Boost and the power delivery to front/rear?

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb
Sports mode all the time man. Actually what does it alter? Boost and the power delivery to front/rear?
There is 2 sports mode, one being just normal sports mode, the other is sports sharp which really brings the car alive, giving the raw brutal feel from the previous version STI where there is only 1 mode. Fuel consumption is about 10% lousier even when driving on the normal sports mode, gets much worse when switched to sports sharp.

The different modes vary only the throttle mapping which indirectly affects boost response/delivery.

As for the power delivery to front/rear, it is controlled by Subaru’s DCCD, sort of like the Evo’s SAYC or the Skyline’s Attesa system.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear All,

Just to share with you guys about my new gadget for Civic FD2.0. Installation will be done by this weekend & will upload the photo again.

Thanks.

Bravo
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience