Discussion On Your Daily Ride

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Wah..thats surprising.let me check again coz now i remember whose viva was that and update
If Preceda 14 inch on Viva, I think that size don't suit my wheels as I think they will be stretched. Usually they are 165/55/14 while mine is 185/60/14.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
You sure scare off the seller by bringing the weighing scale. If I am the seller, I would be shocked at your determination on getting the weight right. :biggrin:

185/60/14

Yah, all my sellers gave me a weird look when they saw me brought the scale and weigh their rims! Some people even gather around me at the shop, looking at what I was doing with confused faces. :biggrin:

That size susah la, only got low end tires for daily use. Just change to 15' then can use proper UHP tires, got nice & expensive one like PS3 or almost as good but much cheaper like V12E2.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
If Preceda 14 inch on Viva, I think that size don't suit my wheels as I think they will be stretched. Usually they are 165/55/14 while mine is 185/60/14.
Just check with the viva owner,he confirm its preceda and he he bought it abt 2 years ago.he did not recall the tire date.now car is with his ex so "cannot" confirm.

I saw a semi slick at 185/60/14 once at a tire shop in PD.Tire is from Indonesia.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yah, all my sellers gave me a weird look when they saw me brought the scale and weigh their rims! Some people even gather around me at the shop, looking at what I was doing with confused faces. :biggrin:

That size susah la, only got low end tires for daily use. Just change to 15' then can use proper UHP tires, got nice & expensive one like PS3 or almost as good but much cheaper like V12E2.
I have to admire your spirit of not giving a shit to how other people react at all and just do what you want to do with the scale. Most people would rather not do something like that to save their face, hahaha.

My Wira is also a ride for normal use at the end. So 14' will do. Just want something a bit of higher quality. For now, my current front Good Year Duraplus does not grip well during hard acceleration in 1st gear. During wet condition, stepping a bit more on throttle will result in a small wheel spin. :banghead:

Other than my Wira, the same tyre model can also be used for my upcoming daily old Saga Iswara to work. That one should need a tyre change in about 6 months later because the tyres are old year 2013 tyres.

Just check with the viva owner,he confirm its preceda and he he bought it abt 2 years ago.he did not recall the tire date.now car is with his ex so "cannot" confirm.

I saw a semi slick at 185/60/14 once at a tire shop in PD.Tire is from Indonesia.
2 years ago but maybe manufactured very long ago.

If I use semi slick, for sure my car will only be limited to dry condition use only. Adds one more reason of not driving my car. :rofl:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I have to admire your spirit of not giving a shit to how other people react at all and just do what you want to do with the scale. Most people would rather not do something like that to save their face, hahaha.

My Wira is also a ride for normal use at the end. So 14' will do. Just want something a bit of higher quality. For now, my current front Good Year Duraplus does not grip well during hard acceleration in 1st gear. During wet condition, stepping a bit more on throttle will result in a small wheel spin. :banghead:

Other than my Wira, the same tyre model can also be used for my upcoming daily old Saga Iswara to work. That one should need a tyre change in about 6 months later because the tyres are old year 2013 tyres.

Ya, I don't give a shit man, coz in the end I will be the one forking out the money and using them for years, so I just have to make sure I buy the right thing!

What to expect lor, low end tires are like that. Corner a bit fast, the tires are already bitching like gangbanged Japan AV girls!

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Ya, I don't give a shit man, coz in the end I will be the one forking out the money and using them for years, so I just have to make sure I buy the right thing!

What to expect lor, low end tires are like that. Corner a bit fast, the tires are already bitching like gangbanged Japan AV girls!
True. You are the one paying a good amount of money at the end, so you have to make sure you get it right. Who cares about what others think as long as we are not doing anything wrong or harming anyone.

I don't know to what kind of extent of speed that I need to go until my tyres squeal. The fastest sharp cornering speed that I have done is 80-90kmh and the tyres haven't squeal yet. Any faster, I think I might lose control of the car and it is scary as well.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
True. You are the one paying a good amount of money at the end, so you have to make sure you get it right. Who cares about what others think as long as we are not doing anything wrong or harming anyone.

I don't know to what kind of extent of speed that I need to go until my tyres squeal. The fastest sharp cornering speed that I have done is 80-90kmh and the tyres haven't squeal yet. Any faster, I think I might lose control of the car and it is scary as well.
I remember there was a guy who actually asked me what I was doing then I explained to him. Then he was just nodding along. :biggrin:

Not just speed but also angle of the corners, how sharp they are. For example Continental CC series which come std for Livina/Almera, they just suck! I'd say they squeal & slide much earlier than my driving limit, while for UHP tires that I put on my X, I have to push pretty hard to make them squeal or slide.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I remember there was a guy who actually asked me what I was doing then I explained to him. Then he was just nodding along. :biggrin:

Not just speed but also angle of the corners, how sharp they are. For example Continental CC series which come std for Livina/Almera, they just suck! I'd say they squeal & slide much earlier than my driving limit, while for UHP tires that I put on my X, I have to push pretty hard to make them squeal or slide.
He don't know anything, better just keep quiet and let sifu talk. :adore:

How do you really find out when is the limit for your car? Don't you feel too fast or scared when you enter a corner at high speed for the first time?

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka

How do you really find out when is the limit for your car? Don't you feel too fast or scared when you enter a corner at high speed for the first time?
could be the bonding he has with his car.

to me its like my car and me are holding one walkie talkie each to communicate.I communicate by my steering input and right foot input.The car response by sending input like body roll,steering feedback or feel.Some car i exp still communicate back to me even when the tire is screaming..like the neo cps.

As long as 2 way communication is maintained, i am comfortable. Once this 2 way comm is cut off,there is this feeling of uncertainty and insecure. Just below that is the limit for me.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

to me its like my car and me are holding one walkie talkie each to communicate.I communicate by my steering input and right foot input.The car response by sending input like body roll,steering feedback or feel.Some car i exp still communicate back to me even when the tire is screaming..like the neo cps.

As long as 2 way communication is maintained, i am comfortable. Once this 2 way comm is cut off,there is this feeling of uncertainty and insecure. Just below that is the limit for me.
Nice analogy

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang

don push car to its limit on street lah, once lost control wall/divider/opposite car wont like it.
Like bro gunnerz mention , feedback is important.
Know how the car talk to you, before start whacking. Not nice if i slap you while u sleeping right ?:biggrin:

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
don push car to its limit on street lah, once lost control wall/divider/opposite car wont like it.
Know how the car talk to you, before start whacking. Not nice if i slap you while u sleeping right ?:biggrin:
If you are not that familiar with the limits of your ride, don't push it. Take the slow and sure route.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

I sort of get what you mean already. It is a feeling kind of thing. Like you said, when the 2 way communication is cut off, that is when I start to feel scared of the speed that I am going.

You are right. Worse would be serious injury or death in an event of crash.

Familiarize the route first before really pushing the car.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Familiarize with the car first to be correct. Not all car is same.
Except run on 4 donuts.
If it is your own car that you have driven for years, familiarizing it shouldn't be a problem. If it is different car that you have barely driven in it, then yes, I agree with you.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,dear all

My Lancer Gt is giving me a big headache! While I'm driving the brake warning display 'Check!' will come out on and off and it makes my cd player went off for second. Did anyone here experienced this before?I send to few different workshops to check but different technicians told me different things! I really need some advice now~
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience