Discussion On Your Daily Ride

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
OEM for car company the tyres sure will not be premium unless the car is also. I only know PUG 308T and VW have the CSC range but had plenty of complains of bulging. My friends who had them all change to other brands of tyres when the tyres bulge and one even burst.....lol
Sounds unacceptable at all for such a famous brand if their products are so unreliable.

No, not like that. My 245 is actually already 2 cm wider than the std tires for this car for the Sports Package version which comes stock with 225/45/18 all round on 18x8 rims. As for my stock ones, they're even smaller 215/60/16 with 16x7 rims only! Newer GRX130 Sports Package comes with slight larger 235/45/18 which is still 1cm narrower than mine now. So mine at 245 is already considered a bit overspec, which is good already, but of course if can go wider then better lor! :biggrin:

No I bought my rims used, cannot afford brand new Volk Racing forged rims leh, they cost the bomb!

High end Continentals can be made in any European countries, not necessarily Germany.

Some Mercs E & C classes also come stock with CSC tires.
My meaning of ideal width is your own personal ideal width that you want for the wheels, not factory size, hahahaha. Seems like you really want to go much more wider than the original factory size. Won't that cause your car to feel heavier and cause slight power loss? In Wira's case, I heard people using 16 inch wheels with 205 width tyres (30mm wider than stock 175) are already robbing off some power.

I think the gearbox is inhouse by peugot/renault/citreon.
Its called AL4 or DPO gearbox.
Normal 3 speed + OD.What i likes abt the gb is the shift is very quick.Even quicker than the newer Invecs in my BLM.Power delivery felt direct like a manual car. Kickdown and upshift is done quickly and adapting to your right foot input.
Gearbox also uncommon over here.

INVECS gearbox in BLM? Isn't INVECS gearbox from Mitsubishi?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
My meaning of ideal width is your own personal ideal width that you want for the wheels, not factory size, hahahaha. Seems like you really want to go much more wider than the original factory size. Won't that cause your car to feel heavier and cause slight power loss? In Wira's case, I heard people using 16 inch wheels with 205 width tyres (30mm wider than stock 175) are already robbing off some power.
Oh you mean ideal like that. Well if want ideal meaning just nice width, enough for the power and handling, yet not too wide and best comfort for this car, it will be 235/45/18 on 18x8jj or 18x8.5jj rims. However that size will be a bit stretched for my rear rims at 9jj, so need wider at minimum 245. I'd mentioned ideally 265/40/18 coz it's the tallest sidewall at about 10.7cm so the most comfortable/similar to 235/45. Being too wide, yes it will drag the car a bit but having so much grip for handling is just so fun and enjoyable, at least for me! Even with my 245 now I can take corners much faster than when using the stock sizes, imagine if with 265! :driver: Power is good but handling is more important and can bring an equally big smile too! Bro S.Marz with 275 rear on his BMW 5 series should be able to vouch for this. :biggrin:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka

Yes INVECS is on BLM and most probably from Mitsu.The gb on BLM is not mistaken 2nd gen INVECS or called INVECS II which claim smoother drive , adaptive thing. Its newer compared to DPO but doesnt comes close on overall performance.

If the cps engine is mated to dpo gearbox then the waja cps will be a great car.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Mana ada rich la, real rich people will never buy old used rims like mine leh! They'd buy the latest new big size Rays/HRE/Vossen for their supercars/luxury cruisers!
Then use linglong tyres? I don’t judge a man by his rims, I judge him by his tyres. A guy using advanti rims costing 1k, then use AD08R tyres, that’s a rich man. Rims don’t have to always change but tyres have to. And when the rubbers costs more than the alloy wheels. Yup, rich AND smart man.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Sounds unacceptable at all for such a famous brand if their products are so unreliable.

yep bought from mitsu, same like the persona's conventional box but a few features less....

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Then use linglong tyres? I don’t judge a man by his rims, I judge him by his tyres. A guy using advanti rims costing 1k, then use AD08R tyres, that’s a rich man. Rims don’t have to always change but tyres have to. And when the rubbers costs more than the alloy wheels. Yup, rich AND smart man.
Agree, so in fact VR2 is the rich man here! Using very old rims but paired with German made F1A3! :biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Oh you mean ideal like that. Well if want ideal meaning just nice width, enough for the power and handling, yet not too wide and best comfort for this car, it will be 235/45/18 on 18x8jj or 18x8.5jj rims. However that size will be a bit stretched for my rear rims at 9jj, so need wider at minimum 245. I'd mentioned ideally 265/40/18 coz it's the tallest sidewall at about 10.7cm so the most comfortable/similar to 235/45. Being too wide, yes it will drag the car a bit but having so much grip for handling is just so fun and enjoyable, at least for me! Even with my 245 now I can take corners much faster than when using the stock sizes, imagine if with 265! :driver: Power is good but handling is more important and can bring an equally big smile too! Bro S.Marz with 275 rear on his BMW 5 series should be able to vouch for this. :biggrin:
If you are able to fork out the money for those wide sizes and ok with the slight power reduction, then it is a good choice for you as you sound like you really enjoy going through corners in high speed. :biggrin:

S.Marz tyres? I've met him few days ago and indeed his tyres are really wide but his car had a high power engine. With that kind of power, the wide tyres won't drag his car much. I think his tyres and wheels are really nice.

Yes INVECS is on BLM and most probably from Mitsu.The gb on BLM is not mistaken 2nd gen INVECS or called INVECS II which claim smoother drive , adaptive thing. Its newer compared to DPO but doesnt comes close on overall performance.

If the cps engine is mated to dpo gearbox then the waja cps will be a great car.
yep bought from mitsu, same like the persona's conventional box but a few features less....
Thank you to both Gunnerzz and lsm1991 for the clarification. Now I learned something new about those 4 AT gearbox in Proton campro engines.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
If you are able to fork out the money for those wide sizes and ok with the slight power reduction, then it is a good choice for you as you sound like you really enjoy going through corners in high speed. :biggrin:

S.Marz tyres? I've met him few days ago and indeed his tyres are really wide but his car had a high power engine. With that kind of power, the wide tyres won't drag his car much. I think his tyres and wheels are really nice. ...
Note that even though my current rear size is 245/40/18 on 18x9jj rims, the total weight of the package is still LOWER than the original 215/60/16 on 16x7jj rims by about 1kg or maybe more! (coz the bloody stock rims are just damn heavy!) SO, I don't think I actually loose power to the wheels as the lighter weight compensates for the wider drag from the tires, which I'm fully happy with as the handling improvement is night and day! :biggrin:

His car is a 530i if not mistaken so yeah surely got more power than mine! :burnout:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Agree, so in fact VR2 is the rich man here! Using very old rims but paired with German made F1A3! :biggrin:
Got one former STD patient using AD08 I think. Damn rich.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Note that even though my current rear size is 245/40/18 on 18x9jj rims, the total weight of the package is still LOWER than the original 215/60/16 on 16x7jj rims by about 1kg or maybe more! (coz the bloody stock rims are just damn heavy!) SO, I don't think I actually loose power to the wheels as the lighter weight compensates for the wider drag from the tires, which I'm fully happy with as the handling improvement is night and day! :biggrin:

His car is a 530i if not mistaken so yeah surely got more power than mine! :burnout:
Now that makes sense. You should have mentioned the overall lighter weight earlier. You really went to weight the wheels and tyres before putting them on the car?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
hahhaha....rich no lah but bro. ixeo say rich and SMART, so I will take that.......lol:biggrin:

Yours on GY Asy 2 also not bad mah! In fact Asy 3 only slight improvement over Asy2, as I could feel big difference from Asy to Asy 2 but not much for Asy2 to Asy 3.....:hmmmm:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
He already scratching head what to use next?.....lol

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

BMW's Art Car has transcended through generations of race fans and has transformed itself into a cult where fans come up with their own versions of BMW Art Cars or even follow existing ones. The most famous of all BMW Art Car's were possibly the E30's of the 1980's. And now the tradition continues with this new Jeff Koons-designed Art Car that was unveiled this week in Paris. Koon's BMW...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience