Discussion On Your Daily Ride

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
That is a common misconception. Cars with bigger CC usually have more torque and can be geared lower hence having lower shift points and cruising rpm. I was on holiday in australia in March this year, and we rented a 2010 Ford falcon with a 4000cc inline 6.
at 110 kmh speed limit, the rpm was 1800. I was impressed with the fuel economy of that car, and this experience forever changed my perception of large cc cars.
What you said is true. But larger CC cars also idle using more fuel than a smaller CC one. So during a traffic jam they wouldn’t fare as well.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
That is a common misconception. Cars with bigger CC usually have more torque and can be geared lower hence having lower shift points and cruising rpm. I was on holiday in australia in March this year, and we rented a 2010 Ford falcon with a 4000cc inline 6.
at 110 kmh speed limit, the rpm was 1800. I was impressed with the fuel economy of that car, and this experience forever changed my perception of large cc cars.
No wonder my relative that owns a 350Z told me recently that the FC for his car is not high. He said many people don't believe it but he says because his engine is powerful, he can just step lightly to get his car moving, hence FC can be low.

Yup, like the older wira 1.3 and 1.5AT, my friend bought the 1.3 thinking the smaller capacity will give better FC, but in the end the 1.5 FC was better. 1.3 was under powered.....lol

That is why many going CVT. My forester runs around the rpm range too.....:biggrin:
1.3 MT higher FC than 1.5 AT? That is very terrible because I heard these old automatic tend to have high FC but the MT did it worse.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Din't expect Livina is that bad on FC too.

Maybe the other members are flooring most of the time.

Actually with your kind of figures, I'll say your car works well enough as a daily car without breaking a hole on your pocket. I guess from now on, I can't really judge a car's FC based on their cylinder and displacement figure.
Probably coz it's a more conventional engine & AT, hence FC not as good, plus the car is lethargic so you might tend to press the gas deeper. My wife also even though a slow driver but her throttle control and overall driving technique is not as smooth (I can get better FC than her with that same car despite driving much faster on average). MY X is also a GDi with VVti + 6 speed hence those help efficiency.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Now my waja is back operational after being dormant about 5 month(no road tax). Cannot tahan the blm "power" for long distance drive.Plenty of wedding to go during year end.

Driving waja today instead of riding...wahh syiok.Its school holiday so no more morning jam.Going back oso not bad.

Now have to prepare engine oil and atf as both car is nearing the change interval.Thats the down side of keeping 2 daily ride.

Oh, i forgot another downside of having 2 daily ride...always forget to transfer the baby stroller,touch and go,baby sandal,baby seat,charger wire,etc to the car to be driven.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Me also, when I drive the wife's Livina, it feels so boring and lethargic. Only lately once I changed to much better and bigger rims and tires (using V12 Evo 2 + PS3), at least it can corner much better now!

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Probably coz it's a more conventional engine & AT, hence FC not as good, plus the car is lethargic so you might tend to press the gas deeper. My wife also even though a slow driver but her throttle control and overall driving technique is not as smooth (I can get better FC than her with that same car despite driving much faster on average). MY X is also a GDi with VVti + 6 speed hence those help efficiency.
I think the HR16DE on Lina had a kind of variable valve timing called CVT-C? But gear ratio wise, your X should be better and your direct injection feature is an advantage too.

Now my waja is back operational after being dormant about 5 month(no road tax). Cannot tahan the blm "power" for long distance drive.Plenty of wedding to go during year end.

Driving waja today instead of riding...wahh syiok.Its school holiday so no more morning jam.Going back oso not bad.

Now have to prepare engine oil and atf as both car is nearing the change interval.Thats the down side of keeping 2 daily ride.

Oh, i forgot another downside of having 2 daily ride...always forget to transfer the baby stroller,touch and go,baby sandal,baby seat,charger wire,etc to the car to be driven.
Your Waja is auto or manual?

Having 2 cars is actually a good thing because in case one of them is down for maintenance, at least you still have another car to use.

Me also, when I drive the wife's Livina, it feels so boring and lethargic. Only lately once I changed to much better and bigger rims and tires (using V12 Evo 2 + PS3), at least it can corner much better now!
What kind of wheels and size you are using? I've been seeing some Livina rolling on 17".

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Old rims, Advan Model 7, 17x7jj with Hankook V12 Evo2 in front & Michelin PS3 at the rear size 225/45/17.
Nice wheels. But they seemed a bit wide and large for a car like Livina. Won't that drag down the car slightly?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Nice wheels. But they seemed a bit wide and large for a car like Livina. Won't that drag down the car slightly?
It's quite lightweight rims, only about 6.5kg/pc. Tires actually a bit wide but the fitment is just nicely lining up with the top of the fenders! Ideally better use 205/50/17 but I bought these all used so cannot be too choosy, maybe next time once the tires all finished then I might try looking for 205/50/17 (but that is a very rare & odd size). What is more important is that the tires are excellent and they're all still like 70-80% condition so now way much better grip than before, like night and day! It might be a bit heavier than std but I gladly accept that as trade off for this much better grip! :driver:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Your Waja is auto or manual?

Having 2 cars is actually a good thing because in case one of them is down for maintenance, at least you still have another car to use.
".
Mine is the renault engine model.only comes in auto.
engine has vvt on one side.peak torque is at 3750rpm to that helps a lot.

Having 2 ride help esae pressure for me to complete repair if i diy.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
It's quite lightweight rims, only about 6.5kg/pc. Tires actually a bit wide but the fitment is just nicely lining up with the top of the fenders! Ideally better use 205/50/17 but I bought these all used so cannot be too choosy, maybe next time once the tires all finished then I might try looking for 205/50/17 (but that is a very rare & odd size). What is more important is that the tires are excellent and they're all still like 70-80% condition so now way much better grip than before, like night and day! It might be a bit heavier than std but I gladly accept that as trade off for this much better grip! :driver:
By reducing it to 205mm width which is 20mm lesser than 225mm, won't it cause the tyres to become slightly stretched? Maybe something at 215/45/17 is a better balance and more common to get?

I think the previous stock wheels with those tyres really disappointed you a lot. :biggrin:

Mine is the renault engine model.only comes in auto.
engine has vvt on one side.peak torque is at 3750rpm to that helps a lot.

Having 2 ride help esae pressure for me to complete repair if i diy.
Oh, you have the rare Waja variant. DOHC right? Power should be much improved over the 4G18.

True, at least you don't have to rush or hurry with your DIY.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
No wonder my relative that owns a 350Z told me recently that the FC for his car is not high. He said many people don't believe it but he says because his engine is powerful, he can just step lightly to get his car moving, hence FC can be low.

1.3 MT higher FC than 1.5 AT? That is very terrible because I heard these old automatic tend to have high FC but the MT did it worse.
1.3 A/T also, not M/T...lol

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Just like my wife when she change handbags, forget to transfer her purse.....lol:biggrin:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
No worry brother. 205/50R17, Goodyear Asy3, Michelin PS3 and PS4 also have......lol

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The BRZ / 86 is in a little bit of a limbo these days. A brilliant coupe on one hand and a asthmatic child on the other. Although Toyobaru coupes are never known to be powerful nor fast within the sports car vocabulary, they make up for purity, soul and driveability. It defines the true meaning of a driver's car. That's why driving legends like Tengku Djan has an 86...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience