Discussion On Your Daily Ride

• Updated Latest Activity Bar for Forums main page / Bump Button for The Marketplace / Bigger Fonts / Thread Thumbnails / Similar Threads after post / Dark Mode via header lightbulb / Hi All, the forums have just been upgraded, please bear with us while it is being improved - May 30 2030hrs Please post any feedback here: FAQ Help

gunnerzz

1,500 RPM Member

gunnerzz

1,500 RPM Member
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
I am using the osram led on my lagenda. can see it on the pic. 2 pcs. so far it's ok. its works as it is. but during rainy times can't see the roads. yes it flickers as this is the cons of an led light. flickers with inconsistent power supply
View attachment 576800
Lagenda got 2 front bulb right?
Should lit up the road very well.Thats what i noticed on bike with 2 front bulb.

yes, another weakness with white light be it on car or bike...its useless when it rains.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Update on my EX5,
I managed to get an Osram LED front bulb for free and have been using it for 2 weeks.
To me its not worth to buy.

Why?
1.Its not that much brighter than my Osram Silverstar. At times i think its less bright.
2.High beam and low beam have the same light throw distance. High beam is brighter than low beam only. I read somewhere during low beam only half of the leds are on and switching to high beam will switch on all led.

The light will flicker during idle as LED only have ON or OFF state only, unlike filament bulb where it dims when the bike is at idle.

I Will switch back to Silvestar. My bro dont want the LED bulb so if anyone want then come and get it....foc. If not then the bulb will be a time capsule somewhere in my store.
Could be the reflector focusing not built for led.....

Reactions: sanekit

sanekit

1,500 RPM Member

sanekit

1,500 RPM Member
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Update on my EX5,
I managed to get an Osram LED front bulb for free and have been using it for 2 weeks.

Why?
1.Its not that much brighter than my Osram Silverstar. At times i think its less bright.
2.High beam and low beam have the same light throw distance. High beam is brighter than low beam only. I read somewhere during low beam only half of the leds are on and switching to high beam will switch on all led.

The light will flicker during idle as LED only have ON or OFF state only, unlike filament bulb where it dims when the bike is at idle.

I Will switch back to Silvestar. My bro dont want the LED bulb so if anyone want then come and get it....foc. If not then the bulb will be a time capsule somewhere in my store.
LED cannot use with reflector type headlamp iinm. u need a projector type headlamp.

leinnz

Known Member

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
Lagenda got 2 front bulb right?
Should lit up the road very well.Thats what i noticed on bike with 2 front bulb.

yes, another weakness with white light be it on car or bike...its useless when it rains.
yea, 2 pc led and the led i bought was rm20 a pc from spare parts shop

6UE5t

6,000 RPM Member

6UE5t

6,000 RPM Member
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Update on my EX5,

Why?

Haiya h4 bulbs is it? Too late, I have bought already for my son Swift. My Evo needs h3 and h11.

gunnerzz

1,500 RPM Member

gunnerzz

1,500 RPM Member
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Additional info on the Merc W124.
I only come to know today that its equipped with hill start assist....Talk about car from the 80s, thats amazing.

When in D, u wont roll back on incline and no its not coz the fwd movement from the gb. Can feel as the car begins to roll back the gb somehow stops it and hold the car stationary. Its even better than some modern vehicle system which require us to press the brake pedal on incline to activate hill start before the car will hold itself.

Reactions: alcyon